Avalon Shampoo & Conditioner - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-02-2004, 02:31 PM

I don't know how many of you VBrs out there have a Big Lots nearby (formerly known as Pic n Save).. but I was there the other day with my mom and I came across some Avalon Salon Organics shampoos and conditioners for only $1.49 a bottle. They also had Hair Therapy Green Tea shampoos and conditioners for $1.49 each! The Avalon ones are 11oz bottles, and the Hair Therapy ones are 20 oz.

When I got home I looked on the internet and if you buy straight from Avalon's website.. these shampoos are $6.95 a piece.. I'm going to go back and stock up today!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-02-2004, 06:10 PM
Veggie Regular

Over the last couple of months I've found some Avalon shampoo & conditioner for $1.99/bottle at a couple of different stores (Odd Job was one, I can't remember the other). I think maybe they've changed their packaging and want to get rid of the old one as quick as they can. I've bought so much of it at that cheap price that I think I have enough to last at least a year .
#3 Old 02-02-2004, 08:30 PM
Beginner

ok, i live on the east coast, but i'm running to big lots tomorrow after work to see what i can see. woohoo!
#4 Old 02-02-2004, 11:32 PM
Banned

Awesome!!
#5 Old 02-03-2004, 02:07 AM
Veggie Regular

I've bought several bottles of it from Big Lots already. In fact, I used a couple as holiday gifts.

I've found lots of great deals at Big Lots ranging from vegan body care to organic canned foods to vegetarian (though not vegan) "pig ears" for my dogs. I spend quite a bit of time there going down each and every aisle.
#6 Old 02-03-2004, 09:30 AM
Veggie Regular

Dang! I just bought the mint & thyme shampoo and conditioner at whole foods for over $6 a bottle! But the stuff is AWESOME. My hair is been really soft since using it, and that's not a small accomplishment.
#7 Old 02-03-2004, 10:05 AM
Veggie Regular

That sounds good, I love that shampoo. I am definitely going to check that out. Did you go to the one in Savannah Erin?
#8 Old 02-03-2004, 11:38 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veggiegirl View Post

That sounds good, I love that shampoo. I am definitely going to check that out. Did you go to the one in Savannah Erin?

No. Hinesville finally got one of their own last year. It was odd timing. So much other stuff was closing down, yet Big Lots still came in.
#9 Old 02-15-2004, 04:59 PM
Veggie Regular

Thank you so much for posting about the Avalon products. I am all stocked up now, I didn't know they had so many scents.
#10 Old 02-16-2004, 01:37 AM

Thank you for the infomation. I just went and bought 3 Shampoos and 3 Conditioners. ( I think that will last a while.)
#11 Old 03-02-2004, 02:19 PM

They don't have them at my Big Lots in upstate NY.
#12 Old 03-02-2004, 03:34 PM
Veggie Regular

You guys got some good bargains!! The reasonI never buy Avalon products is because they are so expensive! I did buy so some conditioner, just to try it out, and it was like $3.79...I really loved it ! Maybe I'll check out some stores soon!
#13 Old 03-02-2004, 06:34 PM
Veggie Regular

I saw this thread today and headed right over to Big Lots, even though I'd never been there before. No shampoo, but some conditioner--$1.49 per bottle!
#14 Old 03-02-2004, 07:21 PM
Veggie Regular

The inventory at Big Lots and Dollar Tree change quite frequently.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page