Clothing/Accessories/Styles You're Glad We Don't Have to Wear Anymore - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 10-03-2010, 12:08 PM
mlp
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilBigBug View Post

You do realize that the toes don't go to the point, right?

Yah, but thet still start getting narrow at the point where your feet are at their widest.

Pointy toed shoes + high heels will keep podiatrists in business. You're looking at bunion surgery a few decades down the road, with the associated arthritis pain in your feet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 10-03-2010, 12:14 PM
Veggie Regular

I've never had a problem with turtlenecks, even though I have a very short neck (mock turtlenecks are okay for that). But I see people wearing sleeveless turtleneck sweaters, which I don't understand. Turtlenecks are for cool/cold weather. Why would you want to keep your neck warm and then go sleeveless? It doesn't make sense.

*this space not for sale*
#33 Old 10-03-2010, 12:15 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy SF View Post

I've never had a problem with turtlenecks, even though I have a very short neck (mock turtlenecks are okay for that). But I see people wearing sleeveless turtleneck sweaters, which I don't understand. Turtlenecks are for cool/cold weather. Why would you want to keep your neck warm and then go sleeveless? It doesn't make sense.

To hide hickies. Duh.

Who needs sleep when we've got love?
Who needs keys when we've got clubs?
Who needs please when we've got guns?
Who needs peace when we've gone above?
#34 Old 10-03-2010, 12:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp View Post

Yah, but thet still start getting narrow at the point where your feet are at their widest.

Pointy toed shoes + high heels will keep podiatrists in business. You're looking at bunion surgery a few decades down the road, with the associated arthritis pain in your feet.

None of the pointy toed shoes I have do that.. And I rival Imelda Marcos when it comes to shoes!

Quote:

Yeah, I've never understood that one either.

Did you write the book of love, and do you have faith in God above,
If the Bible tells you so? Do you believe in rock Ân roll,
Can music save your mortal soul, And can you teach me how to dance real slow?
#35 Old 10-03-2010, 12:34 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbleforlola View Post

To hide hickies. Duh.

Okay, I'll give you that one.

*this space not for sale*
#36 Old 10-03-2010, 12:35 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

I don't know how people can wear ties. I would think they would feel totally restricting around your neck. I'd feel like I'm being choked. Imo they don't look bad (in business/uniform attire) but just uncomfortable.

Over the years, I've learned ways of making a neck tie look tight, but actually be reasonably loose.

I think ties were originally made specifically to cover the buttons of a shirt, but I don't know for sure.

My son occasionally wears a tie with a tee shirt. Some of his his teachers think it's adorable.

Happiness is not the result of a mathematical equation comparing the good times and bad times someone has had. It is a state of mind.
-nomad888
#37 Old 10-03-2010, 12:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

That's why I don't understand scarves in the summer. If I'm going to wear something around my neck it needs to be really cold.
#38 Old 10-03-2010, 02:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

stirrup pants. Believe it or not, there is at least one mail order catalog that still sells these things. WTF? I thought these went out with the Reagan administration. Why would anyone wear these? They're not even an attractive anachronism. But some people must be buying them, because that catalog keeps selling 'em.

Oversized shirts. Big in the 1980's, I wore them because that's what was in fashion, even though it's totally the wrong style for me. I'm 5 feet and weigh about 105 pounds. Wearing oversized shirts made me look like I was dressed in a BIG flour sack. I had no figure in the 1980's because I covered my whole body in these things.

These are both currently big in Japan.
#39 Old 10-03-2010, 05:17 PM
Veggie Regular

I FOUND FLARE JEANS!!!!
I am so excited. I found a pair. At walmart (, I know) ON SALE IN MY SIZE

ÂIf man could be crossed with the cat it would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat.  Mark Twain
#40 Old 10-03-2010, 05:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Um.. isn't any other male going to join the thread here?....

I feel so alone.

Happiness is not the result of a mathematical equation comparing the good times and bad times someone has had. It is a state of mind.
-nomad888
#41 Old 10-03-2010, 05:33 PM

I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo glad that the fluro bike pants of the late 80s/ early 90s are no more...
My sister and i had matching ones. We hate our mother.

http://zigsnotzags.blogspot.com
#42 Old 10-04-2010, 09:30 AM
mlp
Banned

I can't stand anything snug against my neck. If I believed in prior lives, I'd say I was hung or strangled in one. No turtlenecks for me, not even regular t-shirts - they have to have a scooped or V neck.
#43 Old 10-04-2010, 09:54 AM
Beginner

V necks are heaven but they suck in the winter or if you have long scratchy hair...
#44 Old 10-04-2010, 11:06 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I can't stand anything snug against my neck. If I believed in prior lives, I'd say I was hung or strangled in one. No turtlenecks for me, not even regular t-shirts - they have to have a scooped or V neck.

haha same. people think i'm weird that i dont wear tshirts, but euuughhh the neck feeling. Even buying hoodies is hard since half of them try to strangle me! I wear scoop neck tops to work, and vest tops out of work. im fine with a scarf though, odd.
#45 Old 10-04-2010, 02:00 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewFL View Post

To combine two posts made, people at my school wear neon colored skinny jeans. My sis has a pair of highlighter yellow ones. All my skinnies are denim however.

My brother put up a youtube video of his new band and it took me a few run throughs before I could pay attention. His band mate had these horrible red skinny jeans on. Like an emo Santa. It was very distracting.
#46 Old 10-04-2010, 02:32 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I can't stand anything snug against my neck. If I believed in prior lives, I'd say I was hung or strangled in one.

Same here!
#47 Old 10-05-2010, 02:15 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm going to go with shoulder pads, mom jeans, stirrups, and any kind of jean or slack with an elastic waist band.

I do not understand/What it is I've done wrong/Full of holes/Check for pulse/Blink your eyes/One for yes/Two for no/I have no idea what I am talking about/I am trapped in this body and can't get out-Radiohead
#48 Old 10-06-2010, 05:04 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm only truly comfortable sprawled out nude in my own bedroom. Clothing offends my ape sensibilities.

Tam! RUGH!
#49 Old 10-06-2010, 01:30 PM
Veggie Regular

People against tights/stockings I am so the opposite. I love tights. I have a huge selection of colours and patterns. I even have a silvery grey pair that have stirrups!

I do agree against lots of things here though. I am definitely for flares rather than skinnies, and I also have trouble finding flares. Most of my jeans are straight leg or bootleg. I do have a pair of skinny jeans though... they are white.
#50 Old 10-06-2010, 04:49 PM
Veggie Regular

Long underwear! I can't remember if this was mentioned or not, but it just came to me. I remember my mom making us wear long underwear under our clothes when we went trick or treating. I *hated* it with a passion.

Did you write the book of love, and do you have faith in God above,
If the Bible tells you so? Do you believe in rock Ân roll,
Can music save your mortal soul, And can you teach me how to dance real slow?
#51 Old 10-08-2010, 08:57 PM
Veggie Regular

i can't stand the way stirrup pants look, but have been seeing them around a lot lately. ack. please don't let shoulder pads come back. i love the narrow shoulder look. also can't stand those headbands that people used to put over the tops of their heads to mid forehead level. i loved them at the time, but shudder when i think about it.

"Somewhere along the way, someone is going to tell you, 'There is no "I" in team.' What you should tell them is, 'Maybe not. But there is an "I" in independence, individuality and integrity." Â George Carlin

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page