Anyone else love MBTI? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 09-29-2010, 04:39 AM
Beginner

I used to be obsessed with it for some reason when I was around 13, lol.
Anyways, I'm an INFx on MBTI.

I wonder what types y'all are.
I'm think most vegan and vegetarians are 'feelers'...
http://www.mypersonality.info/personality-types/

"A good deed done to an animal is like a good deed done to a human being, while an act of cruelty to an animal is as bad as cruelty to a human being."
- Muhammad (PBUH)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-29-2010, 11:05 AM
Veggie Regular

Those are fun I'm an INTJ last I checked.

life's not a paragraph
and death i think is no paranthesis
#3 Old 09-29-2010, 11:52 AM
Veggie Regular

every time i've done one of those tests, my result has been INFP.
#4 Old 09-29-2010, 03:58 PM
Beginner

I'm supposedly an ENTJ. Or at least that's what I always get whenever I take the tests. I used to obsess about MBTI when I first discovered it too!
#5 Old 09-29-2010, 05:11 PM

I used to like the MBTI very much until I found harder science. The MBTI is remarkably good considering that it wasn't founded on empirical research, but studies have found undesirable correlations between the N an P scales (N's tend to score as P's and S's as J's). And later research finds that personality is not quite organized as the MBTI suggests. But for all that the MBTI still came close. It's better than many other personality models out there.

(I usually scored INTP.)
#6 Old 09-29-2010, 07:08 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsearch View Post

I used to like the MBTI very much until I found harder science. The MBTI is remarkably good considering that it wasn't founded on empirical research, but studies have found undesirable correlations between the N an P scales (N's tend to score as P's and S's as J's). And later research finds that personality is not quite organized as the MBTI suggests. But for all that the MBTI still came close. It's better than many other personality models out there.

I agree with you. So far the MBTI, although imperfect, seems to be the best model I've encountered so far. Then again, I suppose it would be difficult to actually simplify the complexity of personality within a model.
#7 Old 09-29-2010, 08:40 PM
Veggie Regular

I used to be INFP, but I just took a quiz again online and got INTP. I think I'm in some sort of weird transitional period, and some of the questions were a complete toss-up.

EDIT: I got INFJ on another one. oh well
#8 Old 09-29-2010, 09:05 PM
Veggie Regular

INFP. I didn't really like the choices for a lot of the questions. For quite a few of them I felt like neither of the choices described me very well or that both did. Maybe that's because I have a pretty inconsistent personality.

don't take my life away, don't take my life away.
#9 Old 09-30-2010, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnisheep View Post

I agree with you. So far the MBTI, although imperfect, seems to be the best model I've encountered so far. Then again, I suppose it would be difficult to actually simplify the complexity of personality within a model.

You might want to read up on the six-factor HEXACO model of personality - Wikipedia doesn't have info yet, you can find it through Google. I also use one in my survey on Romantic Preferences. The HEXACO model is based on the same lexical approach that the Big Five are based on, but in reanalysis of data from non-English speaking countries, concludes that a sixth factor needs to be included along with the other five. The six factors are:

Honesty-humility (vs. Machiavellianism)
Emotionality (something like MBTI "F")
eXtraversion (like MBTI "E")
Agreeableness (vs. anger)
Conscientiousness-organization (similar to MBTI "J")
Openness-imagination-nonconformity (like MBTI "N")
#10 Old 10-01-2010, 12:49 AM
Beginner

Quote:

You might want to read up on the six-factor HEXACO model of personality - Wikipedia doesn't have info yet, you can find it through Google.

Oh, I've never heard of the HEXACO before. Is it new?
#11 Old 10-01-2010, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnisheep View Post

Oh, I've never heard of the HEXACO before. Is it new?

The problem with most psychology is that the actual research never seems to filter down to the general populace. Would you believe me if I told you that...

* The types measured by the MBTI were originally proposed in Jung's 1921 book Psychological Types, and the first MBTI was constructed in 1962.

* In 1976, Eysenck proposed a new 3-factor model of personality, including Extraversion, Neuroticism, and Psychoticism (a factor of antisociality).

* In 1985, Costa and McCrae proposed a competing 3-factor model, using Extraversion, Neuroticism, and Openness (an analogue of MBTI "iNtuition").

Eventually it was realized that Openness need to be included alongside of Psychoticism. Then, as the state of knowledge continued to advance, researchers began to suspect that Psychoticism wasn't internally consistent and needed to be split into two factors.

* In 1990, Lewis Goldberg carried out a massive series of studies using hundreds of adjectives in the English language and asking people to rate themselves, and others, on each of these adjectives. Submitting the results to a mathematical process called Factor Analysis, Goldberg found that five factors consistently appeared. Although the factors seemed somewhat different in character from study to study, they were recognizable as

Extraversion,
Agreeableness,
Conscientiousness,
Neuroticism, and
Openness/Intellect

This became the foundation for the "Big Five" model of personality traits; you can find this on Wikipedia.

Years later, as the methodology used to discover the Big Five was applied outside of English-speaking nations, it became clear that something was missing; other languages frequently returned a six-factor personality space. Looking back at Goldberg's studies, it was discovered that the apparently subtle differences in his results actually represented genuine differences in the factors being extracted.

* In 2004, Ashton, Lee, and Goldberg carried out a reanalysis of personality terms in English, supporting the existence of a sixth replicable factor of personality, which is now known as Honesty-Humility. Since then the six factor model has been replicated in about a dozen languages, including Korean, Italian, Dutch, and Filipino.

...So yes, it's new. It's just too bad that most people missed out on everything else that was new in personality research for the past 50 years!
#12 Old 10-01-2010, 01:31 PM
Veggie Regular

ENTP aparently

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#13 Old 10-01-2010, 01:36 PM
Tom
Veggie Regular

MBTI is fun, and interesting. Although Vsearch offers some insights that I was unfamiliar with, my result of I/ENTJ makes quite a bit of sense. (I'm an introvert, but have my extroverted tendencies sometimes).

Peasant (1963-1972) and Fluffy (1970s?-1982- I think of you as 'Ambrose' now)- Your spirits outshone some humans I have known. Be happy forever.
#14 Old 10-02-2010, 07:13 PM
Veggie Regular

All I remember from the last time I took it was that my type was called the 'healer'. Which was INFP maybe?
#15 Old 10-04-2010, 11:15 AM

Yes, that's INFP.
#16 Old 10-04-2010, 02:25 PM
Veggie Regular

Hmm, I got INFP as well. *****Y must not be an outcome.

I do not understand/What it is I've done wrong/Full of holes/Check for pulse/Blink your eyes/One for yes/Two for no/I have no idea what I am talking about/I am trapped in this body and can't get out-Radiohead
#17 Old 10-05-2010, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelik View Post

Hmm, I got INFP as well. *****Y must not be an outcome.

Yep. The MBTI appears to be missing traits related to anger and selfishness.
#18 Old 10-05-2010, 01:58 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Yep. The MBTI appears to be missing traits related to anger and selfishness.

Where's the fun in that?

I'm not a selfish person, but I can definitely be a hot-head at times. I think my MTBI result probably fits with my profession though, I just wish I was as nice as the profile seems to make me sound.

I do not understand/What it is I've done wrong/Full of holes/Check for pulse/Blink your eyes/One for yes/Two for no/I have no idea what I am talking about/I am trapped in this body and can't get out-Radiohead
#19 Old 10-06-2010, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelik View Post

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Where's the fun in that?

Where's the fun in identifying dangerous psychopaths? Maybe you'll just have to trust me on this one.
#20 Old 10-07-2010, 06:31 AM
American Made, Rebel Born

similarminds.com has the best test.

I'm surprised at the amount of IN-- here. Where mah fellow dictators at? I'm an ENFP.

cry havoc! and let slip the dogs of war.
#21 Old 10-07-2010, 01:52 PM
Veggie Regular

Took the test on similarminds and got INFJ. Apparently I also want to be ENFJ and am attracted to ENFP.

#22 Old 10-07-2010, 05:42 PM

well well saxy

I'm checkin you out

#23 Old 10-07-2010, 05:49 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenickie View Post

well well saxy

I'm checkin you out

#24 Old 10-07-2010, 06:33 PM

similarminds.com has a great array of tests -- http://similarminds.com/personality_tests.html

you could waste hours doing them all.

#25 Old 10-07-2010, 06:52 PM

BAHAHAHAHAHA saxy, i took the three layered test (as i assume you did) and apparently:

Actualized type: ENFP
(who you are)

Preferred type: ENFP
(who you prefer to be)

Attraction type: ENFP
(who you are attracted to)

i'm boring

#26 Old 10-07-2010, 06:56 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

BAHAHAHAHAHA saxy, i took the three layered test (as i assume you did) and apparently:

(who you are)

(who you prefer to be)

i'm boring

You're not boring, you're just in love with yourself.

#27 Old 10-07-2010, 07:04 PM

this has got to be the last one of these i take, i feel like i might waste a whole lifetime doing them. I took the Global 5 Test, which is two words and you place yourself between them --- atheist - - - - - theist, always late - - - - - early, etc.

I got SCUEI (whats with the abbreviations?)

Quote:
not afraid of doing the wrong things, does not value rules and regulations, prefers unpredictable to organized, does not accomplish work on time, needs to maintain high levels of excitement, out for own personal gain, not afraid to draw attention to self, more pleasure seeking than responsible, not bothered by disorder, retaliatory, thrives on the rush of risk taking, unpredictable, asks questions that nobody else does, often does not know what they are doing, spontaneous, first to act, not easily hurt, not apprehensive about new encounters, does not readily admit mistakes, not a perfectionist, not apologetic, disorganized, socially comfortable, outgoing, calm in crisis, fearless, atheist/agnostic tendencies, good at getting people to have fun, opinionated, not easily moved to tears, sexually immodest, adventurous, unconventional, aggressive, often late, high energy level, likes the spotlight, ambivalent about the needs of others, worry free, acts without thinking or planning, bad at saving money, selfish

i'm awful/awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxyphonist View Post

You're not boring, you're just in love with yourself.

boys wanna be her...

#28 Old 10-07-2010, 08:07 PM
Beginner

Quote:

(who you are)

(who you prefer to be)

i'm boring

Oh, I took that test too awhile ago.
I remember getting...
Actualized type: INFP
(who you are)

Preferred type: ENFJ
(who you prefer to be)

Attraction type: ENFJ

=P

"A good deed done to an animal is like a good deed done to a human being, while an act of cruelty to an animal is as bad as cruelty to a human being."
- Muhammad (PBUH)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page