Peta-Sucks.com - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 08-19-2010, 08:26 AM
Banned

Didn't know where to put this so move if applicable. I also didn't put it in the stupid things omni say thread because this site has way too many corkers it kinda deserves it's own place.

So anyone browsed this site? I've been following the users "spud" (vegetarian) and "Jenni Treehugger" (vegan) and their discussions on there, makes for good reading when the PS members get their knickers in a twist over tiny things.

Anyways this is a good example of the crap they spout over there:

http://www.peta-sucks.com/smf/index.....msg713306#new (this is a guest part of their forum so you can post as a guest there)

Last message by doglady. Apparently us ARA's think lions ought to eat tofu and lettuce...riiiiiiiiight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-19-2010, 08:29 AM
Veggie Regular

so many better things to do with time......if the worst thing in the world you can think of is "Peta" and the most eloquent word you can think of to describe them is "Sucks," I'm not going to spend any time on replying to you. (general "you" whoever started site).
#3 Old 08-19-2010, 08:35 AM
Veggie Regular

Feh.

I wouldn't waste my time there. Not even a single moment more than it took to click and read two posts.

IN PERSON, I bet a large percentage of people who post there would be fine to speak with, even about animal rights issues.

But the feeling of anonymity and of group-thinking takes over on a forum, and there would be no chance for civil discussion. I would view reading and posting there as an exercise in futility.

PETA is a bunch of hate-mongering, attention-seeking, hypocritical douchebags, in my opinion, and it's sad that people would group me in with them just for caring about animals. But if I need to set anyone straight, it will be in person, not in front of a firing squad like that board. Their aim is so bad it would just be stressful and frustrating to stand there anyway.

I don't need to invite any more stress and frustration into my life.
#4 Old 08-19-2010, 08:39 AM
Banned

Oh, they're not just anti PETA...some are anti RSPCA too and think it's a AR org. Anti ALF...practically most AW/AR groups are bad according to them.

I read it to pass the time as it amuses me how ignorant they are, plus I enjoy reading comments from the veg*ns who dare speak their mind there...I joined once, years ago, and left quickly because it infuriated me. I've posted as a guest some times but I don't really bother to seek the replies as it's a waste of my time.
#5 Old 08-19-2010, 08:44 AM
Veggie Regular

I wouldn't waste my time there. I think it would make me too depressed about the state of humanity.

No surprise that they go after moderate groups like the RSPCA too...after all, as we all know, the attack isn't really on Peta, it's on animal protection in general.

slops, gloops, and gruels.
#6 Old 08-19-2010, 08:45 AM
mlp
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiroki View Post

Apparently us ARA's think lions ought to eat tofu and lettuce...riiiiiiiiight.

Actually, we've had a number of members on here who think that lions and the like can be "trained" to be vegan, or "bred" to be vegan within a couple of generations (lion generations, not even human generations).

There are plenty of idiots everywhere, including among veg*ns.
#7 Old 08-19-2010, 08:49 AM
Banned

Yes, I've seen one suggest silly things like that on here, but it's obviously not the norm for ARA views.
#8 Old 08-19-2010, 08:50 AM
Veggie Regular

The layout of that forum hurts my eyes - I couldn't read it if I wanted to ^.^
#9 Old 08-19-2010, 11:24 AM
Veggie Regular

I think what sucks is being a hater. Live and let live. Gosh, is that so difficult?

Vegards,
Yen
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
http://www.facebook.yenhowell.com

Twitter: @yenhowell
#10 Old 08-19-2010, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yhowell View Post

I think what sucks is being a hater. Live and let live. Gosh, is that so difficult?

exactly.....I believe in peace and love....sheesh I didnt even look at it......I wouldnt... NOT even because I have been a peta member for 21 years.....because sometimes I dont always agree with them.. but because I dont want that hate around me.

peace, love and hippiness.
#11 Old 08-20-2010, 01:26 PM
Banned

Hmmm...maybe the person who threatened to sue them accomplished getting the site closed because I can't seem to get on it.
#12 Old 08-20-2010, 02:26 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veggie-Tari-Jenn View Post

exactly.....I believe in peace and love....sheesh I didnt even look at it......I wouldnt... NOT even because I have been a peta member for 21 years.....because sometimes I dont always agree with them.. but because I dont want that hate around me.

peace, love and hippiness.

+1

I haven't seen many AR organizations get as much media attention and become as large as they have, so really despite some of their more distateful campaigns I wouldn't go as far as to say they 100% suck.....
#13 Old 08-20-2010, 02:52 PM
Veggie Regular

I post about animal rights issues on the basketball board I post on so I try to at least understand the other perspective. I wouldn't mind occasionally lurking on this board, but I can't figure out which sections are where the discussions are taking place.
#14 Old 08-20-2010, 09:13 PM
Veggie Regular

i like http://www.vegetariansareevil.com/index.html. I just laughed, thought it was a joke, then I realized they were serious...and I laughed some more. some of the ads on the site are NSFW.
#15 Old 08-21-2010, 12:28 PM
Banned

Is the "without" person someone from here? They're kicking ass.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page