Going Away Party - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-29-2010, 03:13 PM
Veggie Regular

In a couple weeks, I'm throwing a going away party for a friend. I have no idea what to do for activities, so I need some help. Also, she's vegan, so recipes would also be welcomed. Oh yea, and we're all teenagers, so please keep that in mind!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-29-2010, 09:59 PM
Beginner

hmmmm... Circle of death and Mexi (from what I've heard) are good games... google it! Apart from that, I don't know... although I'm a teen, I usually just play kiddy games! lol
#3 Old 07-29-2010, 11:15 PM
Veggie Regular

I was going to suggest lots of alcohol, before I read that you're all teenagers.

What about baking some vegan cupcakes? Cupcakes ARE god's gift to mankind.

As far as games, I am a fan of an old-fashioned deck of cards. And Apples to Apples! If you haven't played that board game, it's one of the greats. It brings people together.
#4 Old 07-29-2010, 11:25 PM
Veggie Regular

Hey, I was about to suggest Apples to Apples!

Depending on how many people are coming, you could do other board games too. Cranium is a good one. Or if you're going for silliness you could break out the classics like candyland and chutes and ladders.

Some people enjoy twister too. It's not really my type of things but if you think it'd go over well here, you could include it.

Video games can be fun too if you don't take them seriously. Things like Warioware or Mario Party that don't take much gaming know-how and are fun for everyone. Guitar Hero or Rockband too.

For food, I second the cupcake option. Or any baked goods, really, if you're feeling too lazy for cupcakes.

don't take my life away, don't take my life away.
#5 Old 07-30-2010, 03:32 AM
Veggie Regular

Trival Pursuit (pop culture editions) used to be my favorite board game. I agree that Cranium is also pretty fun. The only card game I used to like is "bull****".

For food stuffs you could always do finger foods like veggie pizza, chips/salsa, pita/hummus, veggie platters. Cupcakes are also great or a going away cake.

I hope whatever you end up planning you have a great time. I'm sorry your friend is going away though. Hope you two still stay in touch on a regular basis.
#6 Old 07-30-2010, 08:46 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dormouse' date='30 July 2010 - 01:15 AM' timestamp='1280466941' post='2680675 View Post

I am a fan of an old-fashioned deck of cards. And Apples to Apples! If you haven't played that board game, it's one of the greats. It brings people together.

I agree.
#7 Old 07-30-2010, 09:27 AM
Veggie Regular

pin the tail on the donkey

You're gonna make me puke my pants.
#8 Old 07-30-2010, 11:23 AM
Veggie Regular

Thanks for all the suggestions, guys! Playing board games is a great idea, I'll see what I can scrounge up. Gina, I'll look up those games, they sound exciting! I was also going to make her a Texas shaped cake, because that's where she's moving to. And creep, we were going to blow up a huge picture of her wearing pig tails and having a "pin the pigtails" game. Oh, and we were considering a pinata- besides sour patch kids and swedish fish, does anybody know of any vegan pinata fillers?
#9 Old 07-30-2010, 11:42 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannonbananen' date='30 July 2010 - 01:23 PM' timestamp='1280510619' post='2680814 View Post

Thanks for all the suggestions, guys! Playing board games is a great idea, I'll see what I can scrounge up. Gina, I'll look up those games, they sound exciting! I was also going to make her a Texas shaped cake, because that's where she's moving to. And creep, we were going to blow up a huge picture of her wearing pig tails and having a "pin the pigtails" game. Oh, and we were considering a pinata- besides sour patch kids and swedish fish, does anybody know of any vegan pinata fillers?

Here's a list of vegan snacks...there are a few mroe candy ideas in there.

http://www.peta.org/accidentallyVega...ategory=Snacks

I third the cranium. Love that game!

Our Generation has had no Great war, no Great Depression. Our war is spiritual. Our depression is our lives.
#10 Old 07-30-2010, 05:44 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannonbananen' date='30 July 2010 - 01:23 PM' timestamp='1280510619' post='2680814 View Post

The ideas sound awesome! Very creative. I love the idea of "pin the pigtails"! Sounds like it's going to be a fun party . I'm sure she'll love and appreciate everything

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page