Monkeys Catapult Themselves Out Of Research Facility - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-09-2010, 01:02 PM
Veggie Regular

So, it appears fifteen monkeys being kept at Kyoto University's primate research institute used trees as catapults, and launched themselves safely up and over a 17-foot-high electrified fence.

I love that part of the story.

Unfortunately: "The primates appeared unsure as to what to do with their newfound freedom: the monkeys remained by the gates of the research centre and were lured back into captivity by scientists armed with peanuts."

Bah. They were foiled by the yumminess of peanuts. *sulk*

Also, one of the researchers was quoted as saying, "We were extremely surprised by the intelligence and the power they used in order to escape."

I'm unclear as to what kind of research they are doing over there, but after a comment like that, I don't think anyone could convince me they're learning a whole hell of a lot. Because ARE YOU GODDAMN KIDDING ME? They're MONKEYS. Of course they're smart. You put them in a "forest enclosure" and were surprised they figured a way out? I'm just surprised they hadn't escaped sooner.

Anyway, here's a link to the article.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-09-2010, 01:26 PM
Veggie Regular

Maybe the monkeys and researchers should switch places. The monkeys are probably more intelligent and compassionate.
#3 Old 07-09-2010, 02:04 PM
Veggie Regular

oh, poor monkeys. so close...

Atame.
#4 Old 07-09-2010, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridaisa' date='09 July 2010 - 03:04 PM' timestamp='1278705842' post='2671409 View Post

oh, poor monkeys. so close...

I agree!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page