Vegan Challenges - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-27-2010, 09:09 PM

Hey everyone,

I am doing research for a natural health publication.

I am after some of your delicious input regarding your personal challenges with veganism

Whatever it is, no area restricted.

What is the challenge?

Have you overcome the challenge? If so, how so?

Do you still need help with it?

What was the result of the challenge?

Articles objective: To demonstrate both difficulty and resolution for each area of concern.

Please feel free to brain storm with me, give me a list of all the difficulties you have faced!!

YOur input is invaluable.

THank YOu!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-27-2010, 09:20 PM
Veggie Regular

There was not much difficulty for me, I mean for all of the 3 years of vegetarianism I did not consume any milk, or eggs. I would just eat cheese from time to time, and about two months ago I decided to stop and go fully Vegan along with cutting the consumption of refined sugars, etc. The only thing that might be hard is the prices of food , but again with my exercise schedule (which is riding my bike eight miles a day) my stomach has shrunk and I do not eat as much. So the little good food that I buy lasts for a few days. And I feel better than ever =) Do not know if this is of much help but there you go.
#3 Old 04-29-2010, 03:34 PM
Veggie Regular

I had a little trouble getting enough protein while I was pregnant without resorting to eggs, but peanut butter and tofu smoothies fixed that.

Heyyy don't look at me like that. It was nutritionist-approved!

life's not a paragraph
and death i think is no paranthesis
#4 Old 04-30-2010, 06:17 PM

No problem cutting out meat. Dairy produts are hard though. Huge fan of cheese. I don't buy it myself anymore but I still eat it when I go out. I'm a veg who is going to be vegan... eventually.
#5 Old 04-30-2010, 06:43 PM
mlp
Banned

I'm a knitter, and all of the most wonderful yarns are animal fiber. If I had my own alpacas/goats/sheep, I would use their wool but I don't, so no animal fibers for me, unless I decide to spin some of the undercoat of my Pyr.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page