Huckabee likens gay marriage to incest, polygamy and drug use. - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-13-2010, 06:41 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh dear.

Quote:
WASHINGTON Mike Huckabee, a possible Republican presidential candidate in 2012, says the effort to allow gays and lesbians to marry is comparable to legalizing incest, polygamy and drug use.

Huckabee also told college journalists last week that gay couples should not be permitted to adopt. "Children are not puppies," he said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100414/...e_gay_marriage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-13-2010, 06:45 PM
Veggie Regular

Well... I'm not so sure about incest, but it wouldn't be so bad if the rest were legal.
#3 Old 04-13-2010, 06:48 PM
Veggie Regular

This guy's just a winner all around...

Quote:
"I feel homosexuality is an aberrant, unnatural, and sinful lifestyle," he wrote, in response to a question about gays in the military.

He also advocated isolating AIDS patients from the general public, saying it was necessary to confine "carriers of this plague."

I bet he only means 'gay' AIDS patients.
#4 Old 04-13-2010, 06:48 PM
Veggie Regular

Children aren't puppies? WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN
#5 Old 04-13-2010, 06:49 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessyka View Post

Children aren't puppies? WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN

Apparently nobody told the Duggar family.
#6 Old 04-13-2010, 07:01 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger View Post

This guy's just a winner all around....

Winner of the a**hole of the week award.
#7 Old 04-14-2010, 12:09 AM
Veggie Regular

Let me guess what church he attends...

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#8 Old 04-14-2010, 12:40 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
In response to a 1992 questionnaire from The Associated Press, Huckabee, then a Senate candidate in Arkansas, spelled out his opposition to homosexuality, saying it was crucial that the country not "legitimize immorality."

"I feel homosexuality is an aberrant, unnatural, and sinful lifestyle," he wrote, in response to a question about gays in the military.

He also advocated isolating AIDS patients from the general public, saying it was necessary to confine "carriers of this plague."

Maybe purveyors of this kind of damaging and ignorant hate speech should be isolated from the public and have their political careers brought to a halt. And you'd have to be one veggie sausage short of a BBQ to compare drug usage and polygamy to incest.

m8itcanw8.com
#9 Old 04-14-2010, 12:52 AM
Veggie Regular

Is this guy for real?! The fact that he has so many supporters is TERRIFYING.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#10 Old 04-14-2010, 12:55 AM
Banned

Wow, what utter disgust. Huckabee is a moron.
#11 Old 04-14-2010, 01:26 AM
Veggie Regular

He also has a "The Huckabee Report" that is on the radio. He's all over my town on it--I've pretty much thought his goal (and others doing similar) is to have a radio/tv show just to gain a fan base (i.e. they hide the crazy during it), that way people will defend them if they run for office saying the "crazy" is not them, they were just misquoted or something similar.
#12 Old 04-14-2010, 02:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

Is this guy for real?! The fact that he has so many supporters is TERRIFYING.

He is currently neck and neck as a front runner to be the next Republican candidate for President in 2012. This man could be your next president.
#13 Old 04-14-2010, 03:01 AM

reminds my somehow of Paul Krendler in Hannibal.

#14 Old 04-14-2010, 07:09 AM
Arrrg! Me mateys.

Quote:

WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN! WIIIIN! SO MUCH WIN.

Also, stupid people are stupid. D:< Sometimes I wish the world would end in December 2012. ):

korrakorrakorrakorrakorra
#15 Old 04-14-2010, 08:44 AM
Veggie Regular

I liken Huckabee to what would happen if two of Hitler's brain cells and a dried pool of vomit on the sidewalk could have children.

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

#16 Old 04-14-2010, 10:05 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenseas View Post

I liken Huckabee to what would happen if two of Hitler's brain cells and a dried pool of vomit on the sidewalk could have children.

That's an insult to vomit.

*this space not for sale*
#17 Old 04-14-2010, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFalafel View Post

He is currently neck and neck as a front runner to be the next Republican candidate for President in 2012. This man could be your next president.

id fully expect that. anything can happen in american politics these days.its frightening
#18 Old 04-14-2010, 10:20 AM

I'm just so baffled by the whole issue.

Why does anyone care about who someone else loves and wants to share their life with? The idea that someone wants to call my love for my partner immoral and wrong utterly bemuses me.

People are weird.

- Kitt
#19 Old 04-14-2010, 10:43 AM
Veggie Regular

I don't think such attitudes can be limited to American politicians. I can easily see a politician in any other country in the world getting away with saying such crap in order to win votes and political points. Homophobia is pervasive all over the globe, unfortunately.

*this space not for sale*
#20 Old 04-14-2010, 11:02 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy SF View Post

I don't think such attitudes can be limited to American politicians.

Probably not limited to, but more likely to happen in America because of the conservatism WRT to sexual matters over there and the upfront religious climate. Can you name another country where a politician has gotten away with openly hating on homosexuals and still had a career. I can't right now. *shrug* I know in Australia it wouldn't be tolerated cos politicians have been buried or at best relegated to the back bench and told to STFU for saying far less hateful stuff than Huckabee has.

m8itcanw8.com
#21 Old 04-14-2010, 11:06 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelle View Post

I can't right now. *shrug*

Really? I recall someone here posting a map of all the countries in the world who still uphold the death penalty for homosexuality. I would think any government leader in a country like that would have no trouble saying much worse things than Huckabee has in public.

www.thesaucyvegan.com
#22 Old 04-14-2010, 11:17 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomebodyElse View Post

Really? I recall someone here posting a map of all the countries in the world who still uphold the death penalty for homosexuality. I would think any government leader in a country like that would have no trouble saying much worse things than Huckabee has in public.

I wasn't asking for someone to name a country where they think it MIGHT happen, I'm asking to be informed of one where it has happened already.

m8itcanw8.com
#23 Old 04-14-2010, 11:58 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Or the Tennessee woman who shipped her adopted son back to Russia.

--Fromper

#24 Old 04-14-2010, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy SF View Post

I don't think such attitudes can be limited to American politicians. I can easily see a politician in any other country in the world getting away with saying such crap in order to win votes and political points. Homophobia is pervasive all over the globe, unfortunately.

im sure there must be some pollies in aus who are homophobic but none of them have been stupid enough to say it in public so far cuz they know that most of the population would be calling them a dickhead for it.

Quote:

I wasn't asking for someone to name a country where they think it MIGHT happen, I'm asking to be informed of one where it has happened already.

i reckon youre just baiting for a wild google chase !!
#25 Old 04-14-2010, 12:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Uganda is in the midst of political debates for implementing the death penalty on cases of "aggravated homosexuality."

Quote:
Bahati, 35, is a Ugandan member of parliament from the politically influential western region of Uganda. Many here say he is an up and coming politician with a good pedigree and many of the right connections.

On Sept. 25, 2009, Bahati introduced the Anti-Homosexuality Bill 2009 for review and vote by parliament. The most controversial part of the bill calls for the death penalty for people convicted of "aggravated homosexuality."

Bahatiʼs own description of the reason for the bill is "there is also a need to protect the children and youths of Uganda, who are vulnerable to sexual abuse and deviation as a result of cultural exchanges, uncensored information technologies ... and increasing attempts by homosexuals to raise children.

Those who support the bill say that homosexuality is un-African and imported by Western countries. Dr. Martin Ssempa, of the Family Policy and Human Rights Center of Uganda, in an open letter to U.S. President Barack Obama and popular U.S. Christian minister Rick Warren, asks them to apologize for insulting the people of Africa by your very inappropriate use of your church and White House pulpits to coerce us into the evil of Sodomy and Gaymorrah.

Source link: Linky
#26 Old 04-14-2010, 12:34 PM
Veggie Regular

Or how about Iran:

Quote:
Homosexuals deserve to be executed or tortured and possibly both, an Iranian leader told British MPs during a private meeting at a peace conference, The Times has learnt.

Mohsen Yahyavi is the highest-ranked politician to admit that Iran believes in the death penalty for homosexuality after a spate of reports that gay youths were being hanged.

Minutes taken by an official describe a meeting between British and Iranian MPs at the Inter-Parliamentary Union, a peace body, in May. When the Britons raised the hangings of Asqari and Marhouni, the leader of the Iranian delegation, Mr Yahyavi, a member of his parliaments energy committee, was unflinching. He explained that according to Islam gays and lesbianism were not permitted, the record states. He said that if homosexual activity is in private there is no problem, but those in overt activity should be executed [he initially said tortured but changed it to executed]. He argued that homosexuality is against human nature and that humans are here to reproduce. Homosexuals do not reproduce.

Source Link: Linky
#27 Old 04-14-2010, 12:40 PM
Veggie Regular

Wow, he is ridiculous. I don't get why he (or other homophobic people) choose to pinpoint this "sin." According to the Bible, it isn't any worse than any other sin. Who cares if other people are happy loving the same sex? It isn't going to harm him, any kids, etc. Insanity.
#28 Old 04-14-2010, 12:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Yeh b,b,b,b,but when I say "countries" I'm obviously talking about civilised countries, like Norway, Sweden, the UK, not holes in the frigging ground like Uganda and homophobic ****heaps like the Middle East.

m8itcanw8.com
#29 Old 04-14-2010, 12:44 PM
Veggie Regular

Wow. I don't know what to say to that.
#30 Old 04-14-2010, 12:46 PM
Veggie Regular

Actually I take that back. Dubai is gorgeous.LOL

m8itcanw8.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page