crazy comment about hot dogs - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-10-2010, 01:17 PM
Veggie Regular

so, b/c it was opening day for baseball here my husbands work was having a lunch to celebrate. they were having hotdogs and my husband meant to get some vegan hotdogs but forgot. so, at the luncheon he just put some sweet gherkin pickles in a hot dog bun and added tomatoes, onions and condiments and was perfectly happy. a co-worker said "wow--ed is eating a hotdog"!!! they all know he is vegan, so why on earth would they think ALL OF A SUDDEN he would be eating a hot dog??? craziness for sure but THEN he had mentioned to his boss that he meant to bring vegan dogs. her face got all screwed up and she said "wow--i cant imagine the junk and processing they must have to go thru to make a soy dog". REALLY??????? now, i know soydogs are highly processed but lets consider whats in a hotdog!!! LMAO--whatever!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-10-2010, 01:23 PM
Veggie Regular

That is so funny!

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
 Marilyn Monroe
#3 Old 04-10-2010, 04:43 PM
Veggie Regular

I had someone (jokingly) tell me hot dogs were vegetarian. I agreed, yes they are, but I don't eat cardboard.
#4 Old 04-10-2010, 04:45 PM
Veggie Regular

Mmmm. I love vegan hotdogs with loads of onions, mustard and ketchup.

Are you sure this is art, not vandalism?
#5 Old 04-10-2010, 05:25 PM
Veggie Regular

People really are clueless about where their meat and meat products come from. Does she think the hot dogs naturally pop out of a cow's behind the way they are?

*this space not for sale*
#6 Old 04-10-2010, 06:28 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy SF View Post

People really are clueless about where their meat and meat products come from. Does she think the hot dogs naturally pop out of a cow's behind the way they are?

Lol but ewww.
#7 Old 04-10-2010, 06:43 PM
Veggie Regular

What's even weirder is recently I saw the American Heart Association in front of a CVS selling hot dogs to raise funds for heart health awareness? Talk about ironic.
#8 Old 04-10-2010, 06:58 PM

Let's not kid ourselves, people. Vegan hotdogs are f***ing disgusting. Even the nasty preservatives in them can't save the flavor. You can mask the taste by piling on the condiments, but you're better off just making up an excuse not to go to the barbeque.
#9 Old 04-10-2010, 07:40 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by reachforapeach View Post

Let's not kid ourselves, people. Vegan hotdogs are f***ing disgusting. Even the nasty preservatives in them can't save the flavor. You can mask the taste by piling on the condiments, but you're better off just making up an excuse not to go to the barbeque.

many veg*ns like the processed hot dogs. your opinion is your own we choose to eat the processed stuff once in a while--any processed garbage is ok now and again. choosing to not go to an outing b/c of social food stuff is absurd to me. to each his/her own
#10 Old 04-10-2010, 08:26 PM
Veggie Regular

Some vegan hot dogs are better than others. I believe there's another thread on the subject of vegan hot dogs on this board. In it, I recommended Tofurky Italian Sausages over the Smart Dogs and their clones. There are probably others which are good, too.

*this space not for sale*
#11 Old 04-10-2010, 10:11 PM
Veggie Regular

Psshh, I love smart dogs. Dip them in French's classic mustard and I'm in heaven.
#12 Old 04-13-2010, 12:38 PM
Veggie Regular

most omnis seriously don't know where their food comes from.

Atame.
#13 Old 04-13-2010, 03:44 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her Jazz View Post

What's even weirder is recently I saw the American Heart Association in front of a CVS selling hot dogs to raise funds for heart health awareness? Talk about ironic.

#14 Old 04-13-2010, 03:57 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her Jazz View Post

haha I know what you mean. Here at my university they were giving out free McDonalds lunches for heart health awareness =/

You call me sweet like I'm some kinda of cheese....vegan cheese 0.0
#15 Old 04-13-2010, 05:12 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

This. While both are processed, vegan or not, I'd much rather eat processed soybeans instead of leftover parts from pigs/cows, whatever.
#16 Old 04-13-2010, 05:44 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitChick99 View Post

This. While both are processed, vegan or not, I'd much rather eat processed soybeans instead of leftover parts from pigs/cows, whatever.

yeah--for sure!!! [email protected]!!!
#17 Old 04-17-2010, 11:17 PM

Quote:

good one....lol
#18 Old 04-18-2010, 07:46 AM
Veggie Regular

I sell hot dogs at my grocery store for a part time job (nasty I know) and a guy actually asked me to hold the bun because he was watching his weight. Um since when are hot dogs healthier than bread?

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will then know peace" - Jimi Hendrix
#19 Old 04-18-2010, 09:03 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I care more about enjoying myself with my friends at BBQ's than I do about preservatives.

m8itcanw8.com
#20 Old 04-18-2010, 10:33 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirstenKat View Post

I sell hot dogs at my grocery store for a part time job (nasty I know) and a guy actually asked me to hold the bun because he was watching his weight. Um since when are hot dogs healthier than bread?

Lol.
#21 Old 04-18-2010, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirstenKat View Post

hahaha, its like being out with someone and they order fatty food with a DIET coke because they are watching there weight!
#22 Old 04-18-2010, 11:54 PM
Veggie Regular

I was on a trip once and had to endure comments about how "gross" and "not natural" my black bean soup was from people chowing down on animal parts. Omnis are stupid sometimes.
#23 Old 04-20-2010, 07:19 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Agreed. People have no idea where their food comes from. I mean c'mon, hot dogs are one of the worst "meats" there is.
#24 Old 04-20-2010, 07:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamato View Post

Agreed. People have no idea where their food comes from. I mean c'mon, hot dogs are one of the worst "meats" there is.

It's a pure abomination. There are certain cuts of meat, and then there are hot dogs. "What part of the animal is in the hot dog?", one might ask. The answer is a big "?".
#25 Old 04-20-2010, 01:17 PM
Veggie Regular

News Flash - Hot Dogs are GOOD for you! (according to Trent Loos of "Faces of Agriculture")

[youtube]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YA9ebmHMgCs&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_ US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YA9ebmHMgCs&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_ US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]
#26 Old 04-20-2010, 02:02 PM
Veggie Regular

People really dont know, I had a girl tell me I could eat soup at her house because its made from chicken boullion, which isnt real chicken. She knew this because they make fake vanilla, but whatever, just smile wave n slap!

Misstress of Fabulousness and Fashion! - *AHIMSA*
#27 Old 04-20-2010, 02:04 PM
Veggie Regular

I have to believe him, he's wearing a cowboy hat!
#28 Old 04-20-2010, 02:44 PM
Banned

Trent Loos should also let us know about the heterocyclic amine content of cooked pork products, as well. Mmmm, HAs.
#29 Old 04-20-2010, 10:47 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

So don't go to a bbq just cause you don't want a vegan hotdog? Some people actually like being social! And also, not all vegan hotdogs are bad, Yves are pretty good.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page