i care about all animals, don't get me wrong... - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-29-2003, 06:31 PM
Veggie Regular

...but damn! these things don't make it easy. i give you the "naked mole rat", the stuff of kreeli's nightmares.

http://www.letus.org/bmatters/images/molerat.jpg

please use this thread to post pictures of those critters that give you the willies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-29-2003, 06:54 PM
Banned

http://slugsite.tierranet.com/
#3 Old 03-29-2003, 07:01 PM
Veggie Regular

http://search.gallery.yahoo.com/sear...cid%3A11397634

http://www.urbanext.uiuc.edu/bugreview/earwigs.html

I'm singin' here to get rid of fear
Hope it disappears right here with the rain
But I know life is pain, not like a fairytale
Meaningless to pray, so just goin' on my way
~Miyavi "Torture"
#4 Old 03-29-2003, 07:04 PM
Veggie Regular

go to google.com, click on "Images" type in "spiders" hit enter. Spiders scare me sh!tless, I don't even want to look up a picture of one to post it here.
#5 Old 03-29-2003, 07:05 PM
Veggie Regular

i already did anyway

~Miyavi "Torture"
#6 Old 03-29-2003, 07:07 PM
Veggie Regular

*dies*

I HATE EARWIGS!
#7 Old 03-29-2003, 07:17 PM
Veggie Regular

aren't they nasty? ergggh

~Miyavi "Torture"
#8 Old 03-29-2003, 07:22 PM
Veggie Regular

scorpions and vinegaroons (I don't hate them, just hate looking at 'em!)
#9 Old 03-29-2003, 08:05 PM
Veggie Regular

First off, I always have nightmare about these.

I knew a woman who was terrified of beavers. She went to another school once, and in their lunch room they had a giant beaver statue, and she had to eat outside.
#10 Old 03-29-2003, 08:45 PM
Veggie Regular

Soilman, I don't know what the image you posted is called but, my God, it's beautiful. Does it really gross you out?

I had a biege spider crawling on my wrist the other day and damn near freaked out.

I have a reoccuring dream about being in a pit of snakes that leaves me in a cold sweat. Once, an old boyfriend told me that it's a good omen and I should allow them to bite me. It would signify allowing positive change in my life. So sometimes I allow them to sink their fangs into my flesh. It stings and burns, and some of the anxiety is released but, I have yet to see a significant change in my waking life.
#11 Old 03-29-2003, 09:14 PM
Banned

"I don't know what the image you posted is called but ..."

If you like that image -- they have a new image for you every week -- of a different opisthobranch (pronounced brank). And the images of past weeks are archived for your sea-slug viewing pleasure. Many of them are extraordinarily colorful -- and all of them leave a slime trail.
#12 Old 03-29-2003, 09:22 PM
Veggie Regular

Awwww kreeli, you don't like naked mole rats? I think they have a certain charm. I'd give them kisses.

Now the spiders and earwigs.....blech!
#13 Old 03-29-2003, 10:25 PM
Veggie Regular

it's not that i don't like them, i'm sure they are perfectly nice. but they scare me. oh, how they scare me. a picture of the only thing that scares me more than naked mole rats can be found here.
#14 Old 03-29-2003, 10:26 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm not a fan of spiders but I'm no longer terrified of them. I lived in the Adirondacks this summer and fall, and there were these enormous, juicy spiders in the bathroom. One day when I was cleaning the bathroom, I had a "bad vegan" moment and killed a bunch of spiders instead of taking them outside. So I evaluated my fear of spiders and decided I could tolerate them.
#15 Old 03-29-2003, 10:32 PM
Veggie Regular

now see, i'd never kill anything just because i felt scared of it.

i'm not scared of bugs. unless they are coming towards me by the thousands, or they are unnaturally huge and within a few feet of me. i actually love spiders. i don't particularly care for the arachnids and insects that bite/sting, though.
#16 Old 03-29-2003, 10:43 PM
Banned

I'm sure this will make me real popular, but I really don't like cats. Like, I really don't like cats. Plus, I'm allergic. I'm not going to go Gummo on any cats, but...
#17 Old 03-29-2003, 11:02 PM
Veggie Regular

It's okay, Max. I'm not a dog person. I don't hate them, but it annoys me when they jump all over you and slobber and sniff you in embarrassing places.
#18 Old 03-29-2003, 11:14 PM
Veggie Regular

#19 Old 03-29-2003, 11:18 PM
Veggie Regular

I dont like most insects, but like most(all?) of you, I dont kill them for it.

Kreeli, your afraid of horses? I live with 4 of them, and now that I think about it, theirs lots to be terrified of! But still, I just love the way horses show the difference between the predator mindset, which is most household pets, and that of the prey.
#20 Old 03-29-2003, 11:22 PM
Veggie Regular

I can't stand this:

http://www.ent.iastate.edu/imagegall.../deertick.html

Or this:

http://www.micrographia.com/specbiol...0/leech-00.htm

But the worst is:

http://pmo.umext.maine.edu/factsht/headlice.htm

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#21 Old 03-30-2003, 01:02 AM
Veggie Regular

http://www.palaeos.com/Invertebrates.../Chilopoda.htm

*shudders*

i found 2 in my new house within weeks of moving in. that was in november so i haven't seen any since thanks to winter. i'm afraid now that spring is upon us that they'll start springing up all over. this is one critter that i just absolutely can't touch and can't allow to creep around my house. if i find a bug in the house i normally just wait til the cat finds it and eats it which i consider a more or less natural death, or i try to maneuvre it outside. but these things... these things, i just can't handle. i killed one of the two with lysol, the other succumbed to the cat. creepy slimy crawly things with way too many legs *shudders again*

ewww

silverfish are gross too but i got used to them at my old apartment and eventually accepted that they're harmless. but when you take a dish out of the cupboard and there's one sitting in it, boy i tell you it takes every ounce of willpower to not throw the dish on the floor and smash it from pure reflex.

~Miyavi "Torture"
#22 Old 03-30-2003, 01:08 AM
Banned

I freakin' hate all snakes. I hate even seeing them on TV or even in a book.
#23 Old 03-30-2003, 01:16 AM
Veggie Regular

Snakes are the one reason I am so happy to be living on an island (all we have are garter snakes).

When I was in the South... heading towards some lake for some recreation... we were walkin down the path and heard a rattle. Scared the hell out of me. The people i were with never even flinched... kept on walking like it was normal. (never saw the snake). Got to the lake... saw this thing that looked like a loch ness monster from those old pics... head in the air swimming around. I was told, "oh don't mind that... it's just a 'moc".

That was my last time doing the rec thing in Southern Alabama.

Suffice it to say, I absolutely loathe snakes.
#24 Old 03-30-2003, 01:32 AM
Veggie Regular

When I was little, I used to catch snakes all the time...I loved them. One day, I put a snake in an empty Dots box and said innocently to my mother, "Would you like some candy?"

To my utter delight, she said yes and reached out her hand...she touched the snake, screamed and leaped on to the couch. I thought it was the funniest thing that I had ever seen. For some reason, I LOVED to scare my mother when I was little!

(She is also afraid of slugs)
#25 Old 03-30-2003, 04:22 AM
Veggie Regular

You know, where I came from, We got the most poisonous spiders and snakes on the planet.
#26 Old 03-30-2003, 04:58 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm not too keen on the sheep that was loose yesterday and that had me running up and down next door's bank until I dropped, and then stood there laughing at me and eating their lawn.
#27 Old 03-30-2003, 05:23 AM
Veggie Regular

One my way home, I have to walk a short distance. I swear, theirs this sheep in a near by paddock who every day looks up at me and gives me the evil eye. creepy.
#28 Old 03-30-2003, 12:51 PM
Veggie Regular

On my way home there's 6 Alpacas, and they are pretty enough to kiss [all boys too!]
#29 Old 03-30-2003, 01:17 PM
Banned

ticks are really the only thing i don't like. and big fat ants. don't like big fat ants.

i love snakes.

some monkeys creep me out..the ones that just look like they are carrying some disease and they have red eyes. yeah.

but most of all...i can't stand these things.

http://www.indianchild.com/images/baby4a.jpg

i'm serious. not only am i talking about these stupid baby pictures that seem to be so popular - i'm talking about (human) babies in general. they gross me out. and this one in particular is just nasty.

yes, i know i once was one.
#30 Old 03-30-2003, 01:27 PM
Veggie Regular

hahaha! okay, i know i'm a mama, and i've chosen to bring two of those baby-things into this world, but funk, i have to be honest. babies can be very very gross. and nasty.

the poop, the puke, the messy eating habits.

i love my children, there's no doubt about it. but i like them when they start to use the toilet on their own, and stop coating themselves in their food, and figure out how to wipe their noses and stop drooling on me, best.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page