I know the real reason health care costs are out of control-another quick rant - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-10-2010, 07:47 AM
Veggie Regular

I went in for a simple blood test as ordered by my doctor.

The bill arrives, and one of the charges is an "out patient visit".

I went to a clinic for the test, not my doctor's office. He was not present during the test and provided no consulatation.

The charge increased the total bill by 41%.

So, I called the billing office, and they are currently "looking into the charge". Hmm...

Happiness is not the result of a mathematical equation comparing the good times and bad times someone has had. It is a state of mind.
-nomad888
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-10-2010, 09:11 AM
Impeach the gangster

I recently had a 10-minute chat with a nurse practitioner at a local clinic. I have a long history of an ear injury. I was charged an exorbitant fee. The billing office said the fee was based on something in the nurse's notes, about the "complexity" of my condition. It seems I'm being charged for my injury, rather than for the service that was rendered, which was minimal (the nurse looked in my ear once, and we talked briefly. That was all.) This billing office, which is conveniently located 30-miles from the clinic, is also "looking into the charge." I haven't heard from them for a week.

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
#3 Old 03-10-2010, 05:52 PM
Beginner

This is what makes me absolutely love Medicare (Aussie Public health system), I may be a dirt poor uni student, but I can still afford doctors visits...
#4 Old 03-10-2010, 08:52 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon277 View Post

This is what makes me absolutely love Medicare (Aussie Public health system), I may be a dirt poor uni student, but I can still afford doctors visits...

But hasn't your public health system bankrupt your country just like it's going to do in the U.S.? **heavy sarcasm**

I'm an RN and work in a nursing home. Even with what I see, you don't want to get me started. Our health care is a nightmare. I wish for a public health plan so much.
#5 Old 03-10-2010, 11:02 PM
Beginner

To be honest (I'll admit I don't know the full story) I don't get why America doesn't already have one. They seriously think it'll bankrupt the economy? How odd, our economy is so obviously bankrupt LOL. I know having medicare and government rebates is the sole reason my parents were able to place my Grandma in a good nursing home.
#6 Old 03-10-2010, 11:26 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm just glad Obama keeps talking about it instead of getting frustrated and shelving the whole thing. I hope we do get some sort of public health care, like Canada or Australia.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#7 Old 03-10-2010, 11:27 PM
Veggie Regular

Health care in the U.S. is big and I mean BIG business. Bottom line. Where I work, the building is owned by a corporation that owns a lot of nursing homes. And profit is the bottom line.

I agree, at least Obama is not backing down like Clinton did. Something has to be done. I also wish the whole Nursing home business could be torn down and rebuilt.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page