"Brother Sharp" The World's Most Handsome Beggar - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#1 Old 03-07-2010, 08:30 AM
Veggie Regular
 
otomik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: columbus, ohio
Posts: 4,248


http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...c-1915812.html

Quote:
The photograph shows a starkly handsome Chinese man walking with a model's measured gait, and wearing a rag-tag but well co-ordinated overcoat on top of a leather jacket. His eyes peer into the middle distance, in what one fan described as "a deep and penetrating way", and he strides confidently forward.



But this is no catwalk model. This is a homeless man in the city of Ningbo. And now a band of web followers are calling him the coolest man in China.



His good looks and bohemian dress sense have won him thousands of online fans after a resident of Ningbo posted a picture online. Web users in China have called him the "Beggar Prince", the "Handsome Vagabond", and, most often, "Brother Sharp".



http://www.chinasmack.com/pictures/c...famous-online/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinasmack View Post

Long ago in 2008 I encountered him. Most people who see him will avoid him, treating him as a beggar and the link, but actually this is not accurate. 乞丐 [qǐgÃ*i "beggar"] in our countryÂs ancient words first appeared as a monosyllabic word. The meaning of 乞 [qǐ] in the golden texts was Âto begÂ. But he does not beg, nor does he know how to beg, because he has psychological problems (in Ningbo they call it Âgreat fog sicknessÂ). They do not have an identity, they do not have family, theyÂve even forgotten who they are. They are a group of people abandoned by society, and their final outcome is to die without anyone inquiring about them. They wander in the space between humans and animals. Help them a bit and they become humans, ignore them and they are animals.

http://english.people.com.cn/90001/9...2/6907982.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by People's Daily View Post

The Internet sensation, the "handsome" homeless vagabond from Ningbo called "Brother Sharp", first talked in public on March 2. He persisted to refuse help from the Ningbo shelter, and once even shed tears and shouted to the heavens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Sharp View Post

ÂFind a girl to love me.Â


* This post may contain pork, beef and fingers of undocumented workers. This post was manufactured in a facility that processes peanuts.
otomik is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 Old 03-07-2010, 09:06 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Luxxi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 696
Aww, I loveee that cute brown dress he's wearing!

Click here to visit my webpage! http://astrotidbits.blogspot.com/
Luxxi is offline  
#3 Old 03-07-2010, 11:11 AM
Newbie
 
GhostUser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 0
Quote:
But this is no catwalk model.



no **** i wouldnt bonk him.
GhostUser is offline  
#4 Old 03-07-2010, 12:06 PM
Arrrg! Me mateys.
 
Puppet Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,591
Smoking automatically makes someone unattractive to me, so I'll have to differ.

korrakorrakorrakorrakorra
Puppet Master is offline  
#5 Old 03-07-2010, 12:35 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Luxxi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 696
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppet Master View Post

Smoking automatically makes someone unattractive to me, so I'll have to differ.



Smoking is pretty unattractive to me too.. (even though I used to be a smoker for years before I wised up & quit!)..



It publicly says; 'I don't love myself and I think its cool to self-destruct.' ... not good at all!

Click here to visit my webpage! http://astrotidbits.blogspot.com/
Luxxi is offline  
#6 Old 03-07-2010, 12:54 PM
mlp
Banned
 
mlp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 8,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxxi View Post

It publicly says; 'I don't love myself and I think its cool to self-destruct.' ... not good at all!





Or it says, "I started doing this when I was young and thought it made me look cool. Now it's a habit and an addiction, and I figure I can beat the health risk odds" (or, alternatively, "I keep trying to quit, but haven't been successful yet.")



Or it can say any number of other things.
mlp is offline  
#7 Old 03-07-2010, 02:48 PM
Veggie Regular
 
otomik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: columbus, ohio
Posts: 4,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxxi View Post

It publicly says; 'I don't love myself and I think its cool to self-destruct.' ... not good at all!

Freudian death drive, it's pretty hot.


* This post may contain pork, beef and fingers of undocumented workers. This post was manufactured in a facility that processes peanuts.
otomik is offline  
#8 Old 03-07-2010, 03:08 PM
American Made, Rebel Born
 
Kenickie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: House of Gaunt
Posts: 6,473
want

cry havoc! and let slip the dogs of war.
Kenickie is offline  
#9 Old 03-07-2010, 04:28 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Luxxi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 696
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp View Post

Or it says, "I started doing this when I was young and thought it made me look cool. Now it's a habit and an addiction, and I figure I can beat the health risk odds" (or, alternatively, "I keep trying to quit, but haven't been successful yet.").



That's an absolute cop-out. I chain-smoked almost 2 packs a day for YEARS until I quit.. I struggled for all of those years 'trying' to kick the habit too but never could.



Simply until I decided to stop *trying*, and just DO it.



I laid them down and have not touched another one since..



This is not a physical addiction. The media and medical industry push this to the public to give (false) REASONS and excuses why you shouldn't quit. Smokers are very profitable to them. They get sick easier, more cancers, more problems (make the doctors and pharmaceuticals rich).. not to mention all the money they're throwing the tobacco companies everyday! (and more tax for the government to rack up)



You think smoking is anything but a subconscious show of giving into ignorance & weakness?.. Wrong..

Its nothing more than that.

Click here to visit my webpage! http://astrotidbits.blogspot.com/
Luxxi is offline  
#10 Old 03-07-2010, 04:52 PM
mlp
Banned
 
mlp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 8,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxxi View Post

That's an absolute cop-out. I chain-smoked almost 2 packs a day for YEARS until I quit.. I struggled for all of those years 'trying' to kick the habit too but never could.



Simply until I decided to stop *trying*, and just DO it.



I laid them down and have not touched another one since..



This is not a physical addiction. The media and medical industry push this to the public to give (false) REASONS and excuses why you shouldn't quit. Smokers are very profitable to them. They get sick easier, more cancers, more problems (make the doctors and pharmaceuticals rich).. not to mention all the money they're throwing the tobacco companies everyday! (and more tax for the government to rack up)



You think smoking is anything but a subconscious show of giving into ignorance & weakness?.. Wrong..

Its nothing more than that.



Good for you. You do seem somewhat conflicted about whether quitting was easy or whether you struggled for years, and whether smoking is a public statement or a subconscious show, but whatever.



I for one, have never smoked, unless you count the times in college that I shared a pack with a friend - and those times you could count on the fingers of one hand.



I'm glad you got past the "ignorance & weakness" and publicly saying, "I don't love myself and I think its cool to self-destruct."
mlp is offline  
#11 Old 03-07-2010, 05:52 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Luxxi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 696
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp View Post

Good for you. You do seem somewhat conflicted about whether quitting was easy or whether you struggled for years, and whether smoking is a public statement or a subconscious show, but whatever.



I'm not confused at all.. the quote marks around my words were meant as italics (taken with a somewhat sarcastic tone). Just internet lingo.. As yoda said "there's no such thing as trying, either do or do not." That's what I stand firm on. Nothing is difficult if you DECIDE to do it. 'Trying' is and always will be an excuse.



Quote:
I for one, have never smoked, unless you count the times in college that I shared a pack with a friend - and those times you could count on the fingers of one hand.



I'm glad you got past the "ignorance & weakness" and publicly saying, "I don't love myself and I think its cool to self-destruct."



Thank you.. and only because I have been through the thick of it, can I justifiably say that its a matter of willpower. Whether or not someone USES their willpower & changes anything is up to them.. but not taking responsibility for their choice is the weakest stance ever..

Click here to visit my webpage! http://astrotidbits.blogspot.com/
Luxxi is offline  
#12 Old 03-08-2010, 12:36 AM
Veggie Regular
 
otomik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: columbus, ohio
Posts: 4,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxxi View Post

As yoda said "there's no such thing as trying, either do or do not." That's what I stand firm on. Nothing is difficult if you DECIDE to do it. 'Trying' is and always will be an excuse.

oh, i know this one, i've been catching up on my doppelgangers activities.

[youtube]p7RyjDvzPFc[/youtube]

* This post may contain pork, beef and fingers of undocumented workers. This post was manufactured in a facility that processes peanuts.
otomik is offline  
#13 Old 03-08-2010, 04:21 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Kellye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,814
I'd hit that.



And I think he's smoking hot, every pun intended.
Kellye is offline  
#14 Old 03-08-2010, 04:36 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Luxxi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 696
Quote:
Originally Posted by otomik View Post

oh, i know this one, i've been catching up on my doppelgangers activities.

[youtube]p7RyjDvzPFc[/youtube]



That's so funny! I love that guy.. =)

Click here to visit my webpage! http://astrotidbits.blogspot.com/
Luxxi is offline  
#15 Old 03-08-2010, 04:54 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Marie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 10,153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxxi View Post

That's an absolute cop-out. I chain-smoked almost 2 packs a day for YEARS until I quit.. I struggled for all of those years 'trying' to kick the habit too but never could.



Simply until I decided to stop *trying*, and just DO it.



I laid them down and have not touched another one since..



This is not a physical addiction. The media and medical industry push this to the public to give (false) REASONS and excuses why you shouldn't quit. Smokers are very profitable to them. They get sick easier, more cancers, more problems (make the doctors and pharmaceuticals rich).. not to mention all the money they're throwing the tobacco companies everyday! (and more tax for the government to rack up)



You think smoking is anything but a subconscious show of giving into ignorance & weakness?.. Wrong..

Its nothing more than that.



Some people say that smoking is self medication.
Marie is offline  
#16 Old 03-08-2010, 04:59 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Luxxi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 696
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie View Post

Some people say that smoking is self medication.



Absolutely agreed! I never realized until I quit smoking myself, but I was trying to fill a void by smoking too. It was completely self-medicating..



And only when fulfillment is found in other areas, can a smoker finally lay them down & never touch one again. There's no reason to smoke if you're already at peace within!

Click here to visit my webpage! http://astrotidbits.blogspot.com/
Luxxi is offline  
#17 Old 03-08-2010, 05:00 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Kellye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,814
This conversation just makes me want to chainsmoke a whole pack.
Kellye is offline  
#18 Old 03-08-2010, 05:02 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Marie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 10,153
You can't control brain chemistry.
Marie is offline  
#19 Old 03-08-2010, 05:21 AM
Veggie Regular
 
dormouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxxi View Post


It publicly says; 'I don't love myself and I think its cool to self-destruct.' ... not good at all!



Hmm...and here I thought I wanted cigarettes because they feel good on my brain.
dormouse is offline  
#20 Old 03-08-2010, 06:00 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Luxxi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 696
Quote:
Originally Posted by dormouse View Post

Hmm...and here I thought I wanted cigarettes because they feel good on my brain.



Alcohol feels 'good on the brain' too.. does that make it any less detrimental to your health? Or less risky to those around you? Or less irresponsible?



No one forces anyone to partake in these things, its your choice to do whatever you wish.. but there are no victims here. No one is responsible for their 'addiction' but the user themselves..

Click here to visit my webpage! http://astrotidbits.blogspot.com/
Luxxi is offline  
#21 Old 03-08-2010, 06:12 AM
Veggie Regular
 
dormouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxxi View Post

Alcohol feels 'good on the brain' too.. does that make it any less detrimental to your health? Or less risky to those around you? Or less irresponsible?



No one forces anyone to partake in these things, its your choice to do whatever you wish.. but there are no victims here. No one is responsible for their 'addiction' but the user themselves..



I was only taking issue with your comment that smokers are all hate themselves and are just trying to be cool.
dormouse is offline  
#22 Old 03-08-2010, 06:19 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Luxxi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 696
Quote:
Originally Posted by dormouse View Post

I was only taking issue with your comment that smokers are all hate themselves and are just trying to be cool.



There's just not much self-love in choking yourself out with chemicals and pollutants.. whether its because of the feeling it gives you or because of social pressure..

Click here to visit my webpage! http://astrotidbits.blogspot.com/
Luxxi is offline  
#23 Old 03-08-2010, 06:32 AM
Veggie Regular
 
dormouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxxi View Post

There's just not much self-love in choking yourself out with chemicals and pollutants.. whether its because of the feeling it gives you or because of social pressure..



This attitude makes me so angry. So many people love to think about how superior they are to smokers...and pretend they know why people choose to smoke. Especially ex-smokers, who apparently all have really poor opinions of their former selves. People aren't so harsh in their judgments of people making other lifestyle choices--unhealthy or otherwise.
dormouse is offline  
#24 Old 03-08-2010, 06:36 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Nishani's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 7,577
This thread is a good example of just how easily some people can be manipulated through the visual media. If they're told an image is sexy, they'll end up believing it's sexy even though the reality may be a hell of a lot different.



The way I see it is that this guy, although he isn't bad looking, probably hasn't had a shower in days because he's living on the street so his body and his clothes will frikken stink and his breath from all those ciggies won't exactly smell of roses either. If you think you wanna **** him, it's been WAY too long between drinks for some of you!

m8itcanw8.com
Nishani is offline  
#25 Old 03-08-2010, 06:39 AM
Veggie Regular
 
dormouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,609
Oh, and I guess, on topic....I don't think he's that spectacular. Only in the first picture does he look remotely handsome, and I think they just caught him at a particularly good moment and angle. Maybe part of it is that homeless people are so often much older with much more stringy facial hair.
dormouse is offline  
#26 Old 03-08-2010, 08:00 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Luxxi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 696
Quote:
Originally Posted by dormouse View Post

This attitude makes me so angry. So many people love to think about how superior they are to smokers...and pretend they know why people choose to smoke. Especially ex-smokers, who apparently all have really poor opinions of their former selves. People aren't so harsh in their judgments of people making other lifestyle choices--unhealthy or otherwise.



I haven't been trying to make you or anyone else angry. But what I've said is what I feel strongly about.. and that won't change.



If anything, I'd love for everyone to be fulfilled and happy without *anything* outside of ourselves (whether it be alcohol/cigs/possessions/excess food/or other cravings). We all have our weak points and things we're working on.. so I understand smoking as that too..



Our bodies are our temples though, how we treat them shows a lot about how we TRULY feel for ourselves, deep inside. Harming them shows that we have damaging and harmful thoughts/feelings within us.. and it sometimes takes many years to even realize them and overcome them. I wasn't judging you as a smoker.. I simply said that it doesn't reflect much self-love. And that's the bare truth of it.



You deserve to have only the best going through your body and mind. Not this crap that's only causing more damage every time you inhale..

Click here to visit my webpage! http://astrotidbits.blogspot.com/
Luxxi is offline  
#27 Old 03-08-2010, 08:36 AM
Veggie Regular
 
otomik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: columbus, ohio
Posts: 4,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellye View Post

This conversation just makes me want to chainsmoke a whole pack.

chinese cigarettes are pretty bad.



[youtube]cOBH1yisuQo[/youtube]

(he's in the PUMA hat)

http://www.chinasmack.com/stories/br...en-photoshops/

http://news.xinmin.cn/rollnews/2010/03/06/3888216.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xinmin View Post

As it is understood, “Brother Sharp’s” real name is called Cheng Guorong, born 1976, and is from Poyang county of Jiangxi province. Yesterday rushing to reunite is his mother and younger brother. According to “Brother Sharp’s” younger brother Cheng Guosheng, “Brother Sharp” has two children attending school in his hometown, that his wife and father suffered a car accident last year and both have passed away.



After shaving his beard and changing out of his homeless clothes, “Brother Sharp” became a completely different person from the one netizens previously were familiar with. Cheng Guosheng said his older brother came to Ningbo in 2000 with others from his hometown to find work, had still been in contact with his family the past few years, but beginning in 2003, information from him had stopped. Family members have previously came to Ningbo to find him multiple times, with the most recent time being the year before last. That time, it was his uncle who came to Ningbo to find his nephew, but eventually found no information. Cheng Guosheng thinks his elder brother maybe did not earn much money and thus did not have the face to return home, but as to why he became homeless on the streets, he too is perplexed.


* This post may contain pork, beef and fingers of undocumented workers. This post was manufactured in a facility that processes peanuts.
otomik is offline  
#28 Old 03-08-2010, 08:45 AM
Veggie Regular
 
SaladDay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 334
As a caterpillar becomes a butterfly, so must you become Derelicte.



ETA: Hope he finds the girlfriend he's looking for.
SaladDay is offline  
#29 Old 03-08-2010, 08:47 AM
Veggie Regular
 
otomik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: columbus, ohio
Posts: 4,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelle View Post

This thread is a good example of just how easily some people can be manipulated through the visual media. If they're told an image is sexy, they'll end up believing it's sexy even though the reality may be a hell of a lot different.



The way I see it is that this guy, although he isn't bad looking, probably hasn't had a shower in days because he's living on the street so his body and his clothes will frikken stink and his breath from all those ciggies won't exactly smell of roses either. If you think you wanna **** him, it's been WAY too long between drinks for some of you!



yeah, he has good features in terms of bone structure but he's kind of short so he's need some good dental work and the right camera placement to turn him into Tom Cruise.



every dog has it's day.

* This post may contain pork, beef and fingers of undocumented workers. This post was manufactured in a facility that processes peanuts.
otomik is offline  
#30 Old 03-08-2010, 10:04 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Kellye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,814
Quote:
The way I see it is that this guy, although he isn't bad looking, probably hasn't had a shower in days because he's living on the street so his body and his clothes will frikken stink and his breath from all those ciggies won't exactly smell of roses either. If you think you wanna **** him, it's been WAY too long between drinks for some of you!



Extreme mental illness is kind of a turnoff for me, so upon further review, would not hit that.
Kellye is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in


Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off