My roof is leaking - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 01-09-2004, 01:44 AM
Veggie Regular

You may have heard about the snow we got up here in the Pacific Northwest over the last week or so. Well, it started to melt yesterday, and this afternoon, the ceiling on the second floor, just above the stairs, started to leak.

I'm telling y'all, I WAS Ghengis Khan in my former life. I had to have been. I just don't believe my luck here.

Anyway, we were told when we bought this place that the roof had been replaced just 2 years prior. We're in a townhouse complex and the roofing and all exterior maintenance is supposed to be taken care of via our Strata Counsel and Management Company. So I don't anticipate this costing anything that will come directly out of our pockets. But I don't relish have a bunch of workers tromping in and out of my house. And the drip-drip-dripping noise is starting to irk me. Just a little.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-09-2004, 01:52 AM
Veggie Regular

Aw....poor Kreeli.

The car got fixed, this will pass too.

The next couple of years should be problem free, you've had your share.
#3 Old 01-09-2004, 01:54 AM
Veggie Regular

Thanks 1vegan.

I was crying to my husband about our bad luck. It's phenomenal, really, when you look back at our last year or so. I boo-hooed and said, "And it's like, EVERY MONTH something bad happens and ends up costing us tons of money," and he goes, "Um, yes, dear. It's called Being All Grown Up." Hehheh.
#4 Old 01-09-2004, 01:57 AM
Veggie Regular

yikes. my mom's used to be really bad for that, they had to eventually install some sort of ventilation in the attic. also her townhouse complex is prone to pipes freezing and bursting in winter. it happened a couple times to us but we put a vent in the wall where the pipes are and it's been fine since. a neighbour's pipes bursting once blew a hole through the livingroom wall. kinda cool.

I'm singin' here to get rid of fear
Hope it disappears right here with the rain
But I know life is pain, not like a fairytale
Meaningless to pray, so just goin' on my way
~Miyavi "Torture"
#5 Old 01-09-2004, 06:28 AM

Sorry to hear about that Kreeli. Keep your eye on any mold as that is a very potential problem after you've had any kind of water damage. I don't want to worry you but it's better to be safe than sorry; especially with the little ones who may be more subseptable to the effects.
#6 Old 01-09-2004, 09:36 AM
Veggie Regular

Wow, that sucks. I think those things come in groups of 3 (or 4 or 5), for me, anyway. Sometimes it sucks being an adult.

We had to replace our roof ourselves, saving the extra thousands of dollars it would have cost to have it done. Of course it was July, so that sucked. Hopefully the company will be on the ball about getting it taken care of before any of your belongings get damaged.
#7 Old 01-09-2004, 09:42 AM
Veggie Regular

Awww that sucks. I live in a basement room in a group house which got flodded twice since I lived there (water coming in through the storm door). They fixed the pipes, did something but now water comes through the window.

I HAVE TO HAVE TO move out of this dump

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page