What's something bad that happened to you today? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 01-05-2004, 11:59 PM
Veggie Regular

Ok...since Misq started the other thread...I'm gonna start this one. I wouldn't usually start a thread like this...but I just got home and I'm still mad..so I'm gonna vent. Feel free to follow suit!

I go to UCSD. I hate UCSD. Have done since 3 weeks after I got here...for varied reasons...but even others tell me that they are good ones. Anyway...I got out, I studied abroad both my junior and senior year...now I'm back, finishing up as a 5th year. Anyway...I have three classes left to take to graduate. One of these classes is a class I was in last quarter, but I had taken too much on so I dropped it - by the time I dropped it, it was too late to register to take it this quarter. So today I go to try and add the class. The first thing the lecturer says is how no-one is adding his class. He mentions this about 5 times throughout the lecture...and I think that he's a scary guy. Anyway, everyone knows that graduating seniors get into classes no matter what..its what I was told when I went to the advisors about it last quarter. So I go and talk to him after lecture...but no...he's not letting anyone in. I explain to him that this is the last class I have to take. I'm on financial aid, so I have a minimum number of units I have to take to keep that aid...and I can't afford (nor do I want to be here for) another quarter. No such luck. He's not gonna add me...something about one rule for everyone...well, I waited until everyone else had gone. There were no other graduating seniors trying to add the class (its a class i should have taken earlier...but couldn't get an equivalent abroad), I don't see the problem. All this stupid school seems to do is make my life hell...all I'm trying to do is get out as quick as I can.

So yeah...I'm going to the advisors and raising hell tomorrow. If that doesn't work...not sure what I'll do. Drop out for the quarter and come back next quarter I guess...thus letting down a great lab partner I have in a different class...I'd really like to beat this guy up (half kidding.. ). He's old and feeble. I'm young, strong and bitter..he wouldn't stand a change!

Anyway...since I'm well adjusted and realise that life isn't all bad...i'm off to post in the "something good" thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-06-2004, 03:53 AM
Veggie Regular

I read the newspaper, always a bad thing.
#3 Old 01-06-2004, 04:29 AM
Veggie Regular

my chef was a prick to me, and I was a prick back....

Nec Aspera Terrent
#4 Old 01-06-2004, 05:19 AM
Veggie Regular

My dogs woke me up at 2:00 pm and I couldn't get back to sleep. Now I'm at work and can barely keep my eyes open. (and of course this is also the day when I have to work at the animal shelter after my real job, so I can't go to sleep any time soon.)
#5 Old 01-06-2004, 05:24 AM
Veggie Regular

My car needs to go in the shop AGAIN, this is like the third time in about a 7 month period, and it is always something different. I just can not get ahead on this car thing. This time I think it is a water pump. At least that is what I am hoping
#6 Old 01-06-2004, 10:49 AM
Veggie Regular

I went back to the gym yesterday after a 2 week christmas break and pulled a muscle in my neck. I am completely stiff and in soooo much pain. Bought thermacare pain relief patches and extra strength Tylenol. Ouuuuuuchhhh!!
#7 Old 01-06-2004, 12:26 PM
Veggie Regular

I dropped a plate of food and broke the plate. Then I cut my finger cleaning it up! So I'm now hungry and sore.
#8 Old 01-06-2004, 01:02 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderRandy View Post

LOL ( at least I hope it was funny)...was it?
#9 Old 01-06-2004, 01:05 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderRandy View Post

LOL (at least I hope it was funny)...was it?
#10 Old 01-06-2004, 06:47 PM
Veggie Regular

I had to get up at 7 PM and go to school. It was SO COLD. And windy! It couldn't have been more than 20 below (fahrenheit). I hate cold.
#11 Old 01-06-2004, 08:12 PM

I couldn't sleep until like 5:30am last night, while having to get up at 6 for school, because I couldn't breathe right, as I am sick.. so I stayed home... I didn't fall asleep until about 9am-2something pm.... and nothing is remotely good except for rice and miso soup. Yet, I am craving sooooo many other things but i know they won't taste very good. I have been getting cold VERY easily, to a point where if I get up to lay down in another room, I am shivvering by the time I am laying down again. rawr.
#12 Old 01-06-2004, 09:13 PM
Veggie Regular

I have two papers to write tonight for a really important application and I've slept three out of the last 24 hours so i can't think straight and I'm stressed out and on the verge of tears. AND my debate coach told me I have to compete this weekend, even though I know nothing about the topic.
#13 Old 01-06-2004, 09:21 PM
Banned

i distractedly put hair straightening cream on my face as moisturizer.
#14 Old 01-07-2004, 03:16 AM
Veggie Regular

There was a drastic drop in the temperature (from 50 degrees above to 15 below zero) and I had to spend a lot of time outside at the animal shelter, and now have a sore throat.
#15 Old 01-07-2004, 05:50 AM
Veggie Regular

The tv wasn't working, then I found out the cable had been unplugged
#16 Old 01-07-2004, 08:17 PM
Veggie Regular

I got stuck twice and almost died (narrow miss with a wildy swerving SUV) driving home tonight. Michigan winters suck, but having Michigan winter weather in a city that is completely unprepared for (and seemingly unwilling to deal with) it is MUCH worse.
#17 Old 01-07-2004, 08:28 PM
Veggie Regular

It was SO cold today. Plus I didn't sleep well
#18 Old 01-09-2004, 01:18 PM
Veggie Regular

There's a guy who works here whose wife died of ovarian cancer last week. They have 2 young, teenage daughters. I'm attending the memorial service this afternoon. I know he's hurting, but I can't stop thinking of the kids and what they must be going through. This sucks!
#19 Old 01-09-2004, 03:02 PM
Veggie Regular

My bf broke up with me.
#20 Old 01-09-2004, 03:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veggcore View Post

My bf broke up with me.

So sorry, Veggcore!
#21 Old 01-09-2004, 04:01 PM

i got up
#22 Old 01-09-2004, 04:12 PM
Veggie Regular

Sorry Veggcore

The plumber didn't show up 'again'. Hate waiting around...
#23 Old 01-09-2004, 09:45 PM
Veggie Regular

Awww... poor Veggcore

I had to get up for school. Ugh. And I had a trig test. Oh, and I forgot my lunch in the fridge
#24 Old 01-09-2004, 10:05 PM
Veggie Regular

I spent money on Dinner Out and the food was awful. (Grr! I don't like depleting the pocketbook for disappointments.)
#25 Old 01-09-2004, 10:33 PM
Veggie Regular

I completely forgot to put more money on our postage meter at work. I am going to be out next week on vacation and there will be a temp to fill in for me. Since I don't want her to have to worry about it, I drove back to work tonight at 8:00 (about a 20 minute drive) to try and take care of this, but the doors were LOCKED . I left a detailed voicemail message for my temp so hopefully she'll figure it out. BOO - just when I was beginning to get over my guilt about taking vacation too.
#26 Old 01-09-2004, 11:05 PM

i failed my driving test.
#27 Old 01-14-2004, 08:59 AM
Veggie Regular

The soup I was going to eat for dinner last night (and lunch today) sucked. So, I ended up eating an apple and a Genisoy bar for dinner, and grabbing an Amy's burrito for lunch today. OK, that's not so bad, but I was already ill from not being able to sit down from the time I walked in the door until I went to bed. Making 2 dinners, laundry, getting out clothes and lunch/snacks for work the next day...
#28 Old 01-14-2004, 07:05 PM
Veggie Regular

I think my other half is lost or something...I haven't heard from him in days. So the last few days have been horrible

I know why he hasn't been around, but I'm still worried
#29 Old 01-14-2004, 09:35 PM
Veggie Regular

I just burned my toast But my dogs certainly enjoyed my burned toast.
#30 Old 01-15-2004, 03:41 AM

He didnt deserve you Veggcore !!!

I accidently stuck my finger in my pedestal fan blades....!!!

On high....to....

Ting Ting Ting Ting !!!! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<< that was the noise it made !!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page