I'm not sure if anyone has done this before, but I thought I would give it a try.
List 5 things that made your day better - or a good day. This can also include things you are grateful for if you are stuck for a full five.
I'll go first....
1) Waking up to cuddles from my S/O
2) Having the kitties run into the room this morning purring and cuddling (man I get a lot of cuddles!)
3) It's a good hair day for me.
4) The deli next door made one of their specialties veggie for me.
5) I realized it is Friday!
(An extra: I got to use a bunch of smilies I wanted to use for a long time! LOL )
I like this idea. It has been an especially stressful and hectic week for me, but it's important to keep in perspective that we always have good things to be grateful for.
1) My kitten was being a wonderful snuggle-muffin last night and today before work
2) I rewarded myself for surviving the week with some vegetable tempura and veg*n sushi for dinner
3) One of my coworkers at the office used to work at a florist shop. She had some extra pink roses from an arrangement she made for one of our clients, and she passed them out at the end of the shift. As I type, there are two in a bud vase on my desk
4) My birthday is less than 2 weeks away and I am formulating plans for a semi-formal dinner at my favourite Indian restaurant with my closest friends and family
5) I just watched the video for Muppet Bohemian Rhapsody (=
1) Hubby had the day off and we spent it together
2) Lunch at veggie restuarant
3) Kitties behaving cutely
4) Pizza for dinner
5) Got some Christmas shopping done (I really don't like doing it so putting a dent in it is fantastic)!
1) It is Friday!
2) S/O coming over on Sunday!
3) House is finally clean!
4) Visited a friend I haven't seen in a few weeks!
5) Listened to my favorite song!
1) Waking up in an environment I feel safe in
2) Being told I'm loved
3) Leftover Curry
4) Coming in to the warm from the cold
5) Buying beer without thinking about whether it was vegetarian or not, then finding out it is
I woke up this morning to find three warm, furry, purry, happy cats in good health snuggled on or near me.
I read in the newspaper that four days of rain are expected to start on Monday (we badly need it around here.)
My car started. (It died yesterday and I needed a jump start).
I went to the post office and found a parking space in the lot.
I had a Veggie Delite from Subway for dinner.
1. Nice run along the lake
2. Got to love on puppies at the shelter this morning
3. Gorgeous heirloom tomato and ripe avocado sandwich for lunch
4. Long/good talk with my boy this afternoon
5. snoring Chihuahua in my lap while I type this
PS - great thread.
1) I realize that Tom Cruise will soon be one day closer to his demise.
2) My spleen is looking really sexy today
3) One of my hypo-kids graduated from an imaginary college
4) Even though I was stopped for speeding, the officer let me go after I flashed him my spleen
5) I succeeded in coming up with five different things that made my day, and not just four
1) Having an unusual number of my furry people cuddled up next to and on me when I woke this morning. (A decided benefit of cold weather.)
2) Ziggy (the macaw) laughing at a sarcastic comment someone made on TV. (He has a very good understanding of human intonations.) His laughter always gets me laughing, which gets him laughing even more, which makes me laugh harder....
3) Having Jack (Jack Russell terrier) keep me company on a trip into town. Goig anywhere is always a lot more fun when Jack is along.
4) Started a new knitting project.
5) Bought some new socks. (The dogs are always chewing up my socks - they get them out of the clean laundry while I'm folding it, and I was almost out of socks entirely.) I love the feeling of new socks.
1. saw dj
2. got my avid sweatpants
3. got to see shanequa goes to mars live in concert.
4. got to write a veg song based to bad romance.
5. got to take a lot of pics with my besties and now its 12:32 and am hanging with my cousin who is soo high not acually but still~~~
Ok lets see...
1. Realizing that I am completely over the loser I posted about.
2. Eating a delicious vegan breakfast burrito with soyrizo, potatos, tofu, and "cheese." NOM.
3. It hasn't happened yet, but in a bit I'm off to go hike our mountain again. :]
4. I am listening to Miike Snow and he is amazing and always puts me in a good mood.
5. Trying on my old prom dress because I was bored and found out it still fits. Not sure if thats a good thing, or bad thing.
1) I had a delicious, leisurely breakfast
2) I did my weight workout
3) I finished my laundry
4) I got a good chunk of my Christmas shopping done
5) I found a new lunch box to take to work
1. Waking up and remembering all the fun I had swing dancing last night.
2. Not being sore from swing dancing.
3. Being treated decently by all my coworkers today.
4. Visiting with my lovely ladies at the nursing home where I worked.
5. Chocolate covered peanuts.
1. I got to sleep in today
2. I figured out I only need D's or F's on my finals to get A's in all of my classes (which has the unfortunate side effect of me not wanting to study anymore )
3. Florida lost
4. My hair and makeup look especially good today
5. Just realized I will be home sweet home for break in 3 days!
1. Eating vegan junk food in my friend's basement shortly after midnight.
2. Sleeping in. (No 6:00 AM alarm clock on the weekends!)
3. Finding out that my English teacher got my college recommendation letter in.
4. Homemade hot fudge sauce.
5. Listening to some sweet Eric Dolphy. And a bass saxophone quartet I found online.
1) My mum brought freshly baked banana bread to my apartment this morning
2) I bought some [much-needed] new clothes
3) I started on my VB Secret Santa package (=
4) I went to the Indian restaurant for lunch and firmed up the menu for the belated birthday buffet dinner in less than 2 weeks
5) I bagged up a lot of old clothes to donate to charity
I had a Forensics tournament today and made new friends
I got some work out of the way
I got to hang with someone I didn't know too well
My brother and I got along
Lying down and falling asleep will be nice
1) Ethan's eczema was looking much better today.
2) I got a free 1hr full body massage this morning.
3) We have shelter from the cold & a kitchen full of fresh food.
4) My family is safe and healthy.
5) I spent the evening watching a movie with my husband with my son fast asleep on my chest. Perfect Saturday evening!
1. Boxercising class
2. Woke up to a perfectly clean house (because I cleaned it the night before...lol)
3. Hearing my kiddos laugh so hard w/ their friend today
4. Our Christmas decorations
5. One more peaceful day to before a crazy, crazy week.
1. I went to my grandma's house briefly.
2. I got my new heavy bag gloves and handwraps.
3. I sat next to this cute Asian girl on the train ride home and we had a nice conversation.
4. I tested my DB Push Press 1RM and to my suprise it went up even though I haven't trained that lift in a while.
5. I have a penpal.
1. I bought my first xmas tree (it's going to be the first xmas I don;t go home to my parents') and a bunch of cool decorations.
2. I woke up to my kittehs BOTH burrowing under the covers to snuggle with me!
3. I got the AWESOMEST SHOES EVER - Converse Chuck Taylors covered in silver sequins!
4. I deposited my paycheck!
5 I had a great dinner out with good friends who I haven't had a chance to see all week. We went to a teppan restaurant and I got vegetarian sushi and veggie tempura (and sake!)
I like this thread - it's good to remind ourselves of all the good things in our lives!
1. Knowing I've got christmas presents for people that I know they like.
2. Spending quality time with my sister.
3.Going to a restaraunt and being able to easily choose a yummy vegan option
4. My dog Patchy
5.Vegan mint chocolate in hot chocolate. =)
Are we only supposed to do this on good days? My day was kinda mixed - I'm sick, but I had a relaxing day and enjoyed the football on TV.
1. Georgia Tech won the ACC championship.
2. Florida lost the SEC championship and won't get to play for the national championship. (I wouldn't be so excited about Alabama winning against any other opponent)
3. I guess getting extra sleep could be considered a good thing, though it's the fact that I'm sick that caused me to need it.
4. I finished reading a chapter that I wanted to finish in the book I'm currently reading.
5. While collapsed on the couch watching football, I also got to watch my bunny playing in the living room. He was very cute playing with some of his toys. I recently gave him a new willow basket, and he likes it. He also went nuts on a cardboard box and old phone book that's he's had for months, but he rarely plays with either.
1) I made it to work without killing myself on the ice and snow
2) My clients were all very pleasant and left nice tips
3) I made a dent in my latest knitting project
4) I just cooked and devoured some delicious Creamy Romaine lettuce risotto (vegan)
5) I have the apartment to myself (though, admittedly, it's beginning to get too quiet...)
1) Had some amazing sex.
2) Finished my holiday cards.
3) Cooked a really good portabello mushroom sandwich!
4) ....More kitty cuddles!
5) I made a gingerbread house. It looks kinda like a shack...but it's my shack damnit!
1) (Finally) finishing my first (rough) draft of my NaNoWriMo novel very early in the morning
2) Getting a fantastic sleep, better than I have in a while
3) I just felt *good* today - good energy, good mood, no weird mysterious pains today
4) Starting a new writing project that is lots of fun and much more my style than my previous one
5) The Saints won again. Not that I really care if the Saints win or not, but my husband does. He was at the actual game so he was ecstatic. When he's happy, I'm happy!
PS: Gingerfoxx I love your tattoo!
1--I woke Up.... after an awesome nights sleep (sleep that I have been needing)
2--when I went shopping today the store was out of a sale item I wanted and the mgr substituted and still took my coupon.
3--I finished and mailed all of my holiday cards and gifts ect....
4--went to donate cat food, toys, ect at my local animal welfare and didnt get an allergic reaction....I am severely allergic to cats.
5--had an awesome dinner out with my family....they had a few Veggie options for me to choose from
I know you aske for 5 but another one would be coming on here and chatting with you guys
So... this is supposed to be to cheer you up, even if you've had a bad day, right? Cause I'm having a hard time coming up with 5.
1. I didn't die. Or get any sicker than I already am, I suppose.
2. Nobody I know died. Or if they did, I haven't heard about it yet.
3. I have a home and food to eat.
4. I'm still getting a paycheck. My bank went under, so I'm not sure if I can actually get to my money right now, and I hate my job, so the paycheck's really the only positive part.
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:34 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.