87Likes

#421 Old 10-20-2018, 03:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

1. It's autumn
2. It's October
3. I love my new job
4. I got my stuff out of storage
5. I made the grocery clerk very happy with my purchase of Almond whipped cream.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#422 Old 10-21-2018, 03:52 PM
Super Moderator

1: Crispy autumn leaves
2. Pumpkin spice cold brew
3. My sleeping kitty
4. Hugging my boyfriend
5. Sleeping in this morning

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#423 Old 10-24-2018, 07:09 AM
Vegan, Mostly WFPB

Waking up to find 14 turkeys grazing in the yard.

Finding more red clover to harvest and dehydrate for my daily herbal infusions that long ago replaced caffeine in my life.

Becoming more acclimated to making sweet treats that are both gluten-free AND vegan at the same time...such a rarity in my hood...yum!

Hula hoops....such an effective exercise tool that also brings the great side effect of belly laughs with each attempt...not to mention self-empowerment once you realize you really can hoop with the right sized hoop.

Having a warm and loving space to more healthily exist in....still amazed I ever lived to see the days I now inhabit....so much gratitude.

"Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught falsehoods in school. And the person that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and a fool." ~Plato
#424 Old 10-27-2018, 11:15 AM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowtions In Motion View Post
Finding more red clover to harvest and dehydrate for my daily herbal infusions that long ago replaced caffeine in my life.
Red clover? How does that work?

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#425 Old 10-27-2018, 07:56 PM
Vegan, Mostly WFPB

Hi Purp!

Here's a link that thoroughly explains the various benefits of red clover, along with precautionary measures (I was attracted to the blood cleansing qualities when I first heard of it due to decades of eating the poorest choices within the SAD diet, having had mercury fillings, etc.):

https://theherbalacademy.com/red-clover-tea/

I gave up caffeine when I switched my consumption habits 4ish years ago and replaced the multiple hot cups of coffee with hot cups of herbal infusion etc. that usually consist of a variety of choices like red clover/stinging nettle, ginger/burdock root, roasted dandelion root/blackstrap molasses, sarsaparilla/yellow dock root, schizandra berries/stinging nettle, peppermint/wild plantain, reishi/cacao, etc., etc.

I have two friends who are both master herbalists/healing practitioners in various specialties who helped a great deal in recommending and guiding me through various blends, and they are who I get most of my herbs from that I can't find growing locally, as they tend to keep a nice inventory on hand to make their tinctures and such with. It's been a fun learning experience. Cheers!
Purp likes this.

"Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught falsehoods in school. And the person that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and a fool." ~Plato
#426 Old 11-09-2018, 04:36 PM
Veggie Regular

1. I woke up. 🙂
2. I managed a two mile walk before work
3. I finished writing a song/parody for a guy at work who retired and so far everyone I sang it to, really liked it.
4. Work was actually productive.
5. It’s Day four and my cat hasn’t peed outside the litter box lol 😛
Tom and Purp like this.
#427 Old 11-09-2018, 07:47 PM

I love this idea!

1. The sun is shining, but it's not sweltering hot!
2. My brother and his partner visited for the day.
3. Our coastal hike was beautiful and we were blessed with multiple breaching whales.
4. My Christmas tree is beautiful.
5. My partner and I are going out for dinner tonight.
#428 Old 11-10-2018, 07:48 AM
Vegan, Mostly WFPB

The sun is out.

Got some fur baby love in the house. (dog sitting for a friend)

No outside obligations weighing my nervous system down today.

Got fresh locally and organically grown greens in the fridge.

All basic needs are met.

#429 Old 11-10-2018, 02:45 PM
Veggie Regular

@ Tammyrose...you have your tree up?!?! Lucky! I love Christmas!
#430 Old 11-15-2018, 04:46 PM
Tom
Veggie Regular

1) My insomnia hasn't been bothering me.
2) I fixed my home security system: one sensor failed, and the automatic dialer hasn't been working since the phone company started making everybody dial the area code to all numbers they call- even local ones.
3) I went to a family get-together celebrating my youngest nephew's marriage (last weekend- but I still feel good about that).
4) I'm inventing new recipes for my slow cooker.
5) After spending 2-3 weeks in my shell (sort of), I'm socializing more.
karenlovessnow and Purp like this.

Peasant (1963-1972) and Fluffy (1970s?-1982- I think of you as 'Ambrose' now)- Your spirits outshone some humans I have known. Be happy forever.
#431 Old 11-16-2018, 04:40 AM

1. It's been freezing, which means I sleep better! (I'm a bear Y'all)
2. I got super productive yesterday so I don't have to do anything else today for uni
3. I made a vegan pumpkin soup with oat milk and my meat-eating stepdad and my mom LOVED it
4. I've been writing a lot which is helping me de-stress
5. My cat has been super snuggly
karenlovessnow likes this.
#432 Old 11-16-2018, 05:43 PM
Veggie Regular

1. It snowed! Well, sort of. It mixed with some sleet/freezing rain at times so it was wet and heavy. But still white.
2. It's Friday.
3. I worked shorter hours because of the snow.
4. I resisted junk food.
5. I made a big dent in my Christmas shopping.
Tom and Purp like this.
#433 Old 11-22-2018, 12:04 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowtions In Motion View Post
Hi Purp!

Here's a link that thoroughly explains the various benefits of red clover, along with precautionary measures (I was attracted to the blood cleansing qualities when I first heard of it due to decades of eating the poorest choices within the SAD diet, having had mercury fillings, etc.):

https://theherbalacademy.com/red-clover-tea/

I gave up caffeine when I switched my consumption habits 4ish years ago and replaced the multiple hot cups of coffee with hot cups of herbal infusion etc. that usually consist of a variety of choices like red clover/stinging nettle, ginger/burdock root, roasted dandelion root/blackstrap molasses, sarsaparilla/yellow dock root, schizandra berries/stinging nettle, peppermint/wild plantain, reishi/cacao, etc., etc.

I have two friends who are both master herbalists/healing practitioners in various specialties who helped a great deal in recommending and guiding me through various blends, and they are who I get most of my herbs from that I can't find growing locally, as they tend to keep a nice inventory on hand to make their tinctures and such with. It's been a fun learning experience. Cheers!
Thanks @Knotions In Motion.
5 good things that happened to me today are:
1 I learned something new about red clover
2 It's Thanksgiving and I have the next 4 days off!!
3 I got my chocolate caramel tart ready for today
4 We're having a Field Roast for dinner
5 There are dogs in the house again.
Tom and Knowtions In Motion like this.

#434 Old 11-22-2018, 07:04 PM

1. The sun is shining in Shanghai! 
2. Made a presentation for the company yesterday that was well-received.
3. Soon Christmas!
4. I have been able to eat NO MEAT the whole week.
5. I got up early and can leave the office before 17:00 today!
Werewolf Girl and Purp like this.

I sometimes blog about the environment on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#435 Old 11-23-2018, 01:28 AM

Morning run, fresh juice, oatmeal, light makeup and comfortable clothes - that makes my day even better)
#436 Old 11-26-2018, 04:32 PM
Tom
Veggie Regular

1) I remembered my VB password after having gotten it wrong for several days! (We're supposed to have different passwords for each website/application we use, and they're supposed to be "strong" and hard to guess... so of course I have to write them down someplace and hide them, but I forgot where I hid my VB password.

2) Work went well today.

3) I got lots of stuff done over the weekend- both fun stuff and gotta-do stuff.

4) My youngest sister who lived out west for most of the past 3 decades is living in the area again.

5) My plants energize me.
Purp and Ger Jonker like this.

Peasant (1963-1972) and Fluffy (1970s?-1982- I think of you as 'Ambrose' now)- Your spirits outshone some humans I have known. Be happy forever.
#437 Old 11-27-2018, 04:27 PM
Tom
Veggie Regular

OOOOO!! OO! I forgot one: That lander sent to Mars- the one that's going to drill down into the crust and monitor for "marsquakes"- landed safely yesterday!!! EXCELLENT! I want to replace 2, 3, or 5 above with this one.

#438 Old 12-06-2018, 08:03 PM
Veggie Regular

1. It's cold out...appropriately so, for December.
2. I'm coming to the end of a super busy season at work.
3. It's the Christmas season.
4. I got a much needed haircut.
5. I gave myself a manicure.
Tom, Werewolf Girl, Purp and 1 others like this.
#439 Old 12-08-2018, 11:40 AM
Super Moderator

1. I'm reading a book called 'The Happiness Advantage' which is actually about how doing things like this can change your life! I recommend it.

2. It's a cold rainy Saturday and I'm inside in my warm house with coffee and sleepy kitties

3. I'm singing along to all my favourite songs

4. I'm going to dig out the Christmas decorations today, time to decorate

5. I'm going to take a hot shower soon with my amazing soap that smells exactly like a mandarin orange
Tom and Purp like this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#440 Old 01-27-2019, 09:57 PM
Veggie Regular

I still love my job.
I made vegan pancakes and everyone loved them.
It's Sunday.
I'm having (a long overdue) lunch with a friend next Saturday.
Edgar Martinez is now (Fina11y) in the Baseball Hall of Fame.
Tom likes this.

#441 Old 02-02-2019, 08:22 AM
Tom
Veggie Regular

1) My goldfish will be about 13 years old sometime this year!! (I took them in when they showed up in my co-worker's koi pond back in 2006. I have no idea where they came from originally... maybe eggs on plants they bought for the pond.)
2) Thinking about my goldfish, I'm remembering that my co-workers' koi didn't eat them, although Koi are quite large. YAY, NON-CANNIBAL FISH!
3) After years of not playing my keyboard, I'm starting to get back into it again.
4) Where I live, it's sunny and going to warm up... although I'm even happier for the folks out in the midwest.
5) I bought locally-grown heirloom varieties of apples at the farmer's market.
Purp likes this.

#442 Old 02-02-2019, 10:23 PM
Veggie Regular

I did the Viaduct to Tunnel 8K run today!! (Bye, Viaductica)
I took a nap
I didn't have lunch with my friend today (she was sick), but I had lunch with my sister and brother and their spouses, so that's good.
My hearts of palm "Pulled pork" was a hit.
I started on a family photography project I hope will be done before this summer.
Tom likes this.

#443 Old 02-05-2019, 01:53 PM
Veggie Regular

1 It snowed
2 It snowed
3 It snowed
4 It snowed
5 It snowed.
Yes, I know it's the same thing 5 times, but snow is so rare here I had to share it 5 times. (P.S., no I'm not @karenlovessnow , but I understand the attitude).
Tom likes this.

#444 Old 02-08-2019, 07:13 PM
Veggie Regular

It's Friday.
Work let out at 12:30.
Its snowing!!
I'm home safe and sound
We still have power and internet.

#445 Old 03-03-2019, 08:09 AM

Its Sunday and the sun is shining.
While we are inside installing all kind of programs into a new windows installation.
Linux was done yesterday.
Watered the garden.
#446 Old 06-30-2019, 03:28 PM
Veggie Regular

1 Pride Weekend
2. Pride Weekend
3. Pride Weekend
4. Pride Weekend
5. Pride Weekend
BONUS: Pride Weekend.
David3 likes this.

#447 Old 07-01-2019, 05:34 AM

To make my day, these following reasons are enough :
After wake-up when I realize that it was a good sleep at night.
In the morning when I see my baby's innocent face.
When I got a hot coffee mug in my hand.
When I go for shopping suddenly.
When I meet my bestie.
Purp likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page