Forget Vaccinnes...try washing your hands. - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 11-05-2009, 09:32 AM
Veggie Regular

I have seen the H1N1 hysteria and I agree it exists, but I am unsure about the effectiveness and safety of the vaccinnes.

What is driving me nuts though (speaking as someone who's work desk is right near a thin walled bathroom) is how many people get the vaccinne...use a public toilet....and don't wash their hands.

SERIOUSLY PEOPLE. Washing your hands is common fricking knowledge. When someone doesn't wash their hands it is basically like saying:

"I don't care about other people. So I'm going to spread my fecal bacteria and any other germs I have collected during the day around the shared space."

Vaccinne...great, go for it, but don't neglect handwashing. It's not that hard, and it actually feels pretty good.

I am now looking for a good poster on handwashing to put into the washroom.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-05-2009, 09:37 AM
Veggie Regular

Yeah I'm always amazed at how few people wash their hands...

http://1st-in-handwashing.com/germfarm_copy.jpg
#3 Old 11-05-2009, 09:45 AM
Veggie Regular

Addie...thanks! I like that one!
#4 Old 11-05-2009, 09:49 AM
Veggie Regular

LMAO at my ipod which skips from Living Dead Girl to My Heart Belongs to Daddy.
#5 Old 11-05-2009, 09:52 AM
Veggie Regular

How do you know they didn't wash their hands while they were in there? lol
#6 Old 11-05-2009, 09:53 AM
Veggie Regular

It's funny, my fiance is a hand watching machine (total germ-a-phobe) and always complains how other guys don't wash their hands after using the restroom. I told him many women don't either. He was totally shocked. He just assumed all women were cleaner and ALWAYS washed their hands.
#7 Old 11-05-2009, 10:23 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
How do you know they didn't wash their hands while they were in there? lol

-I postitioned the soap and the hadn sanitizer a certain way, and they weren't moved.

-The walls are thin, and thus, I can hear everything.

-The sink is dry when they leave.

-I put a new bottle of soap there before I went on holiday, and when I returned it still had the seal on it.
#8 Old 11-05-2009, 10:48 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia Avocado View Post

-I postitioned the soap and the hadn sanitizer a certain way, and they weren't moved.

-The walls are thin, and thus, I can hear everything.

-The sink is dry when they leave.

-I put a new bottle of soap there before I went on holiday, and when I returned it still had the seal on it.

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
#9 Old 11-05-2009, 10:49 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I love that blue one that's biting into the finger!

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

#10 Old 11-05-2009, 10:51 AM
Veggie Regular

In fact, I think I'll stop washing my hands, just to get that blue guy to appear and bite my finger.

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

#11 Old 11-05-2009, 10:57 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
In fact, I think I'll stop washing my hands, just to get that blue guy to appear and bite my finger.

I'm waiting for the 'My New Pet H1N1' thread
#12 Old 11-05-2009, 11:17 AM

Don't remind me that some people don't wash their hands, I will never eat out or order takeaway again.
#13 Old 11-05-2009, 11:19 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I'm waiting for the 'My New Pet H1N1' thread

Yeah, but then we'd get the "Is it vegan to feed my pet H1N1 meat" threads
#14 Old 11-05-2009, 11:40 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddieB View Post

Yeah, but then we'd get the "Is it vegan to feed my pet H1N1 meat" threads

LMAO!!!!

Thankyou!....I just laughed so hard.
#15 Old 11-05-2009, 11:56 AM
Veggie Regular

Apparently hygiene is at a low on the campus I work on. There are signs posted in the restrooms asking people to wash their hands with soap and water. Yet, almost each day that I'm there and in the restroom, I see guys walk right away from toilets/urinals and straight out the door. It's disgusting.

Makes me want to go find them and say "Hey, thank you for sharing your butt filth with the University at large. Really, it's so nice of you!"
#16 Old 11-05-2009, 12:09 PM
Veggie Regular

I also hate it when people sneeze directly into their hands and then they continue on with their day. Thank you very much for spreading your germs absolutely everywhere! I don't mind at all!!

It's not in what you say, it's in what you do (Oasis)

Feeling bored? Why don't you wander over to my blog sometime. http://thebohemiankitchen.wordpress.com
#17 Old 11-05-2009, 12:30 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Makes me want to go find them and say "Hey, thank you for sharing your butt filth with the University at large. Really, it's so nice of you!"

I caught a woman who had clearly gone #2 in the mall bathroom getting ready to leave, and I told her 'There's more soap over here if you need some."

She was really embarrassed, but in this case, I don't care. People need to start getting called out.
#18 Old 11-05-2009, 12:33 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I have seen the H1N1 hysteria and I agree it exists, but I am unsure about the effectiveness and safety of the vaccinnes.

What is driving me nuts though (speaking as someone who's work desk is right near a thin walled bathroom) is how many people get the vaccinne...use a public toilet....and don't wash their hands.

SERIOUSLY PEOPLE. Washing your hands is common fricking knowledge. When someone doesn't wash their hands it is basically like saying:

"I don't care about other people. So I'm going to spread my fecal bacteria and any other germs I have collected during the day around the shared space."

Vaccinne...great, go for it, but don't neglect handwashing. It's not that hard, and it actually feels pretty good.

I am now looking for a good poster on handwashing to put into the washroom.

I agree 100%.

I am obsessive about hand washing.

Where I work,they just put up signs in all the bathrooms teaching people how to wash their hands.
#19 Old 11-05-2009, 01:32 PM
Veggie Regular

I think a major problem is often the facilities provided, bar soap is pointless, you'll be picking up the bacteria from the last person to use it. Twist on taps mean that after you've washed your hands you have to touch the tap you held before you washed your hands and public bathroom doors that aren't push doors the same.
#20 Old 11-05-2009, 01:37 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm so glad my boyfriend is clean. He will wash his hands (and use towels to turn off faucet, touch doors, etc.) BEFORE touching his member, because as you know your hands are contaminated/unclean when you go into the restroom and you will get whatever is on your hands onto your penis/private area. and then he washes after as well. Gotta love a clean man.
#21 Old 11-05-2009, 02:24 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
I think a major problem is often the facilities provided, bar soap is pointless, you'll be picking up the bacteria from the last person to use it. Twist on taps mean that after you've washed your hands you have to touch the tap you held before you washed your hands and public bathroom doors that aren't push doors the same.

I don't see bar soap in public facilities, but I know what you mean. But if people washed their hands more often throughout the day, you would see a lot less bacteria on taps etc.
#22 Old 11-05-2009, 02:33 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I don't see bar soap in public facilities, but I know what you mean. But if people washed their hands more often throughout the day, you would see a lot less bacteria on taps etc.

But then you're relying on other people for your own cleanliness so I can see why some people don't wash their hands. Personally I take ant-bacterial hand wipes out with me, I do still wash my hands but I don't trust that I will remove more bacteria by doing so than I gain.
#23 Old 11-05-2009, 02:50 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox View Post

I never see bar soaps in public bathrooms thankfully. That would totally gross me out.

It boggles my mind that some people don't wash their hands after going to the bathroom. It's totally disgusting to even think about.
#24 Old 11-05-2009, 02:51 PM
Veggie Regular

My favorite is when people "wash" their hands by running a bit of water over them.

I'm willing to bet that the net cleanliness of their hands has gone down due to this action since they needed to touch the nasty taps to turn the water on and off.
#25 Old 11-05-2009, 03:04 PM
Veggie Regular

Some people don't consider it disgusting to not wash their hands after going to the bathroom, or never made a habit out of it.

I'm one of them.

"Hell exists not to punish sinners, but to ensure that nobody sins in the first place."
#26 Old 11-05-2009, 03:05 PM
Veggie Regular

Know what makes me gag most? those towels that are on a giant cylinder. yeah like im gonna dry my hands on that since its soggy and smeared with black stains. lucky theyre not so common any more

Since the swine flu craze theyve put those hand sanitizer dispensers around work. I have to use them after ive opened the door to exit the toilets cause even the handles feel gross. ick.
#27 Old 11-05-2009, 03:07 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Some people don't consider it disgusting to not wash their hands after going to the bathroom, or never made a habit out of it.

I'm one of them.

So if I shook your hand after just wiping my a** or changing a tampon would you be okay with it?
#28 Old 11-05-2009, 03:14 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

So if I shook your hand after just wiping my a** or changing a tampon would you be okay with it?

Yeah, provided that you didn't get any visible **** on your hand of course.

"Hell exists not to punish sinners, but to ensure that nobody sins in the first place."
#29 Old 11-05-2009, 03:22 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Yeah, provided that you didn't get any visible **** on your hand of course.

I wiped it off on a dry towel so no one would see.

Would you still be okay with it? lol
#30 Old 11-05-2009, 03:30 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I wiped it off on a dry towel so no one would see.

Would you still be okay with it? lol

Probably, although I prefer to not get **** on my hands at all.

Or blood.

Or dirt.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page