Forget Vaccinnes...try washing your hands. - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#1 Old 11-05-2009, 09:32 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Alicia Avocado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,469
I have seen the H1N1 hysteria and I agree it exists, but I am unsure about the effectiveness and safety of the vaccinnes.



What is driving me nuts though (speaking as someone who's work desk is right near a thin walled bathroom) is how many people get the vaccinne...use a public toilet....and don't wash their hands.



SERIOUSLY PEOPLE. Washing your hands is common fricking knowledge. When someone doesn't wash their hands it is basically like saying:



"I don't care about other people. So I'm going to spread my fecal bacteria and any other germs I have collected during the day around the shared space."



Vaccinne...great, go for it, but don't neglect handwashing. It's not that hard, and it actually feels pretty good.



I am now looking for a good poster on handwashing to put into the washroom.
Alicia Avocado is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 Old 11-05-2009, 09:37 AM
Veggie Regular
 
AddieB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,705
Yeah I'm always amazed at how few people wash their hands...



http://1st-in-handwashing.com/germfarm_copy.jpg
AddieB is offline  
#3 Old 11-05-2009, 09:45 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Alicia Avocado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,469
Addie...thanks! I like that one!
Alicia Avocado is offline  
#4 Old 11-05-2009, 09:49 AM
Veggie Regular
 
yally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,922
LMAO at my ipod which skips from Living Dead Girl to My Heart Belongs to Daddy.
yally is offline  
#5 Old 11-05-2009, 09:52 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Treehugger267's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,795
How do you know they didn't wash their hands while they were in there? lol
Treehugger267 is offline  
#6 Old 11-05-2009, 09:53 AM
Veggie Regular
 
AddieB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,705
It's funny, my fiance is a hand watching machine (total germ-a-phobe) and always complains how other guys don't wash their hands after using the restroom. I told him many women don't either. He was totally shocked. He just assumed all women were cleaner and ALWAYS washed their hands.
AddieB is offline  
#7 Old 11-05-2009, 10:23 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Alicia Avocado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,469
Quote:
How do you know they didn't wash their hands while they were in there? lol



-I postitioned the soap and the hadn sanitizer a certain way, and they weren't moved.

-The walls are thin, and thus, I can hear everything.

-The sink is dry when they leave.

-I put a new bottle of soap there before I went on holiday, and when I returned it still had the seal on it.
Alicia Avocado is offline  
#8 Old 11-05-2009, 10:48 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Treehugger267's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,795
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia Avocado View Post

-I postitioned the soap and the hadn sanitizer a certain way, and they weren't moved.

-The walls are thin, and thus, I can hear everything.

-The sink is dry when they leave.

-I put a new bottle of soap there before I went on holiday, and when I returned it still had the seal on it.





ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Treehugger267 is offline  
#9 Old 11-05-2009, 10:49 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Sevenseas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 25,067
Quote:

I love that blue one that's biting into the finger!

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

Sevenseas is offline  
#10 Old 11-05-2009, 10:51 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Sevenseas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 25,067
In fact, I think I'll stop washing my hands, just to get that blue guy to appear and bite my finger.

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

Sevenseas is offline  
#11 Old 11-05-2009, 10:57 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Alicia Avocado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,469
Quote:
In fact, I think I'll stop washing my hands, just to get that blue guy to appear and bite my finger.



I'm waiting for the 'My New Pet H1N1' thread
Alicia Avocado is offline  
#12 Old 11-05-2009, 11:17 AM
Newbie
 
GhostUser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 0
Don't remind me that some people don't wash their hands, I will never eat out or order takeaway again.
GhostUser is offline  
#13 Old 11-05-2009, 11:19 AM
Veggie Regular
 
AddieB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia Avocado View Post

I'm waiting for the 'My New Pet H1N1' thread



Yeah, but then we'd get the "Is it vegan to feed my pet H1N1 meat" threads
AddieB is offline  
#14 Old 11-05-2009, 11:40 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Alicia Avocado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddieB View Post

Yeah, but then we'd get the "Is it vegan to feed my pet H1N1 meat" threads



LMAO!!!!



Thankyou!....I just laughed so hard.
Alicia Avocado is offline  
#15 Old 11-05-2009, 11:56 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Brandon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 18,833
Apparently hygiene is at a low on the campus I work on. There are signs posted in the restrooms asking people to wash their hands with soap and water. Yet, almost each day that I'm there and in the restroom, I see guys walk right away from toilets/urinals and straight out the door. It's disgusting.



Makes me want to go find them and say "Hey, thank you for sharing your butt filth with the University at large. Really, it's so nice of you!"
Brandon is offline  
#16 Old 11-05-2009, 12:09 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Chrysalis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,101
I also hate it when people sneeze directly into their hands and then they continue on with their day. Thank you very much for spreading your germs absolutely everywhere! I don't mind at all!!

It's not in what you say, it's in what you do (Oasis)

Feeling bored? Why don't you wander over to my blog sometime. http://thebohemiankitchen.wordpress.com
Chrysalis is offline  
#17 Old 11-05-2009, 12:30 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Alicia Avocado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,469
Quote:

Makes me want to go find them and say "Hey, thank you for sharing your butt filth with the University at large. Really, it's so nice of you!"



I caught a woman who had clearly gone #2 in the mall bathroom getting ready to leave, and I told her 'There's more soap over here if you need some."



She was really embarrassed, but in this case, I don't care. People need to start getting called out.
Alicia Avocado is offline  
#18 Old 11-05-2009, 12:33 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Kill Uncle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 3,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia Avocado View Post

I have seen the H1N1 hysteria and I agree it exists, but I am unsure about the effectiveness and safety of the vaccinnes.



What is driving me nuts though (speaking as someone who's work desk is right near a thin walled bathroom) is how many people get the vaccinne...use a public toilet....and don't wash their hands.



SERIOUSLY PEOPLE. Washing your hands is common fricking knowledge. When someone doesn't wash their hands it is basically like saying:



"I don't care about other people. So I'm going to spread my fecal bacteria and any other germs I have collected during the day around the shared space."



Vaccinne...great, go for it, but don't neglect handwashing. It's not that hard, and it actually feels pretty good.



I am now looking for a good poster on handwashing to put into the washroom.



I agree 100%.



I am obsessive about hand washing.



Where I work,they just put up signs in all the bathrooms teaching people how to wash their hands.
Kill Uncle is offline  
#19 Old 11-05-2009, 01:32 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Paradox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 461
I think a major problem is often the facilities provided, bar soap is pointless, you'll be picking up the bacteria from the last person to use it. Twist on taps mean that after you've washed your hands you have to touch the tap you held before you washed your hands and public bathroom doors that aren't push doors the same.
Paradox is offline  
#20 Old 11-05-2009, 01:37 PM
Veggie Regular
 
penny79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 4,946
I'm so glad my boyfriend is clean. He will wash his hands (and use towels to turn off faucet, touch doors, etc.) BEFORE touching his member, because as you know your hands are contaminated/unclean when you go into the restroom and you will get whatever is on your hands onto your penis/private area. and then he washes after as well. Gotta love a clean man.
penny79 is offline  
#21 Old 11-05-2009, 02:24 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Alicia Avocado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,469
Quote:
I think a major problem is often the facilities provided, bar soap is pointless, you'll be picking up the bacteria from the last person to use it. Twist on taps mean that after you've washed your hands you have to touch the tap you held before you washed your hands and public bathroom doors that aren't push doors the same.



I don't see bar soap in public facilities, but I know what you mean. But if people washed their hands more often throughout the day, you would see a lot less bacteria on taps etc.
Alicia Avocado is offline  
#22 Old 11-05-2009, 02:33 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Paradox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia Avocado View Post

I don't see bar soap in public facilities, but I know what you mean. But if people washed their hands more often throughout the day, you would see a lot less bacteria on taps etc.



But then you're relying on other people for your own cleanliness so I can see why some people don't wash their hands. Personally I take ant-bacterial hand wipes out with me, I do still wash my hands but I don't trust that I will remove more bacteria by doing so than I gain.
Paradox is offline  
#23 Old 11-05-2009, 02:50 PM
Veggie Regular
 
fadeaway1289's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 10,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox View Post

I think a major problem is often the facilities provided, bar soap is pointless, you'll be picking up the bacteria from the last person to use it. Twist on taps mean that after you've washed your hands you have to touch the tap you held before you washed your hands and public bathroom doors that aren't push doors the same.



I never see bar soaps in public bathrooms thankfully. That would totally gross me out.



It boggles my mind that some people don't wash their hands after going to the bathroom. It's totally disgusting to even think about.
fadeaway1289 is offline  
#24 Old 11-05-2009, 02:51 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Fyvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,664
My favorite is when people "wash" their hands by running a bit of water over them.



I'm willing to bet that the net cleanliness of their hands has gone down due to this action since they needed to touch the nasty taps to turn the water on and off.
Fyvel is offline  
#25 Old 11-05-2009, 03:04 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Envy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Heaven
Posts: 6,548
Some people don't consider it disgusting to not wash their hands after going to the bathroom, or never made a habit out of it.



I'm one of them.

"Hell exists not to punish sinners, but to ensure that nobody sins in the first place."
Envy is offline  
#26 Old 11-05-2009, 03:05 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Pirate Ferret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London
Posts: 2,950
Know what makes me gag most? those towels that are on a giant cylinder. yeah like im gonna dry my hands on that since its soggy and smeared with black stains. lucky theyre not so common any more



Since the swine flu craze theyve put those hand sanitizer dispensers around work. I have to use them after ive opened the door to exit the toilets cause even the handles feel gross. ick.
Pirate Ferret is offline  
#27 Old 11-05-2009, 03:07 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Alicia Avocado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,469
Quote:
Some people don't consider it disgusting to not wash their hands after going to the bathroom, or never made a habit out of it.



I'm one of them.



So if I shook your hand after just wiping my a** or changing a tampon would you be okay with it?
Alicia Avocado is offline  
#28 Old 11-05-2009, 03:14 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Envy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Heaven
Posts: 6,548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia Avocado View Post

So if I shook your hand after just wiping my a** or changing a tampon would you be okay with it?



Yeah, provided that you didn't get any visible **** on your hand of course.

"Hell exists not to punish sinners, but to ensure that nobody sins in the first place."
Envy is offline  
#29 Old 11-05-2009, 03:22 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Alicia Avocado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,469
Quote:
Yeah, provided that you didn't get any visible **** on your hand of course.



I wiped it off on a dry towel so no one would see.



Would you still be okay with it? lol
Alicia Avocado is offline  
#30 Old 11-05-2009, 03:30 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Envy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Heaven
Posts: 6,548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia Avocado View Post

I wiped it off on a dry towel so no one would see.



Would you still be okay with it? lol



Probably, although I prefer to not get **** on my hands at all.



Or blood.



Or dirt.

"Hell exists not to punish sinners, but to ensure that nobody sins in the first place."
Envy is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in


Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off