Happy Hallow Weenie!!! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-31-2009, 10:52 AM
Veggie Regular

There I said it!

What funs are going to be had tonight?

And what is the costume ideas?

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
 Marilyn Monroe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-31-2009, 11:11 AM
Veggie Regular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3vct2yoZNg

Tofu!

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
 Marilyn Monroe
#3 Old 10-31-2009, 11:14 AM
Veggie Regular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-XM9zeYRyk

Thriller!

Marilyn Monroe
#4 Old 10-31-2009, 11:16 AM
Veggie Regular

Why couldn't the witch get pregnant?

Her boyfriend had a hollow weenie!!!

HeeHee

Marilyn Monroe
#5 Old 10-31-2009, 11:32 AM
Veggie Regular

OK no more weeine! I go!

Marilyn Monroe
#6 Old 10-31-2009, 11:54 AM
Veggie Regular

I hope everyone here has a wonderful and spooky hallowe'en.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#7 Old 10-31-2009, 07:19 PM

Hope You Guys are having/had a Very Hippie Halloween
#8 Old 10-31-2009, 08:24 PM
Veggie Regular

Thanks! you too! Mine could have been better - but hey, I'll just be grateful!
#9 Old 11-01-2009, 04:53 AM
Veggie Regular

I passed out candy this year (as usual). I had 54 kids come to my door. One little girl in a frothy pink costume tripped and went down pretty hard on my walkway. The kids get so excited. Every year there is at least one kid who says or does something funny. On Halloween I leave my door unlocked because I am constantly having to open it. Okay, so the doorbell rang and as I was walking toward the door, I heard the doorknob turn and the door open. I heard a boy say "You're not supposed to open the door! You're supposed to wait until they open it!" So I got to the door and there were two little boys standing there. The younger boy said to me in a tone of utter frenzy "WHY DIDN'T YOU OPEN THE DOOR!??"

I haven't been outside this morning but the morning after Halloween, my lawn is usually littered with candy and costume parts. I know for a fact there is a pink, glow-in-the-dark bracelet in my flower bed. I ate so much candy myself I am surprised I wasn't up vomitting in the middle of the night. Onward to Thanksgiving!
#10 Old 11-01-2009, 05:59 AM
Veggie Regular

Wow. We didn't get ANY trick-or-treaters. It's so different these days, at least where I live. In recent years, trick-or-treating has changed so much. Instead of just going to their own neighborhood, kids get in the car with mom and/or dad, and they cruise to a tightly-packed little development and the kids race around and get candy, get back in the car, and go home. If you actually have a yard, no one comes to your house. Precious candy-grabbing minutes can be lost if you have to walk more then five feet between doors.

It's sad, because we had a Carl Sagan Pumpkin my brother carved. It's also probably good, because I would have cried if anyone had smashed it.
#11 Old 11-01-2009, 07:00 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semicharmed View Post

Wow. We didn't get ANY trick-or-treaters. It's so different these days, at least where I live. In recent years, trick-or-treating has changed so much. Instead of just going to their own neighborhood, kids get in the car with mom and/or dad, and they cruise to a tightly-packed little development and the kids race around and get candy, get back in the car, and go home. If you actually have a yard, no one comes to your house. Precious candy-grabbing minutes can be lost if you have to walk more then five feet between doors.

It's sad, because we had a Carl Sagan Pumpkin my brother carved. It's also probably good, because I would have cried if anyone had smashed it.

times have changed. Man, it would be great if the kids trick or treated in our neighborhood. what with about 5 acres to each property and long driveways, the kids would steadily be burning off the candy!! They would end up eating it all in order to finish the trick or treating! Plus, there's no street lights or anything, so it'd be really scary. Plus, they might have to compete with mountain lions, badgers, bears, etc. A perfect scary and physical night!!

The Big Bad.
#12 Old 11-01-2009, 07:26 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by unovegan View Post

times have changed. Man, it would be great if the kids trick or treated in our neighborhood. what with about 5 acres to each property and long driveways, the kids would steadily be burning off the candy!! They would end up eating it all in order to finish the trick or treating! Plus, there's no street lights or anything, so it'd be really scary. Plus, they might have to compete with mountain lions, badgers, bears, etc. A perfect scary and physical night!!

Looks like someone is a shoo-in for Father of the Year.
#13 Old 11-01-2009, 07:42 AM
Veggie Regular

After walking all over our dark neighborhood last year with very few homes participating in Halloween, I decided we would trick-or-treat at the mall this year. And it was a big success!! The mall was packed with little and big monsters and ghouls of all kinds!! The mall had a face painting lady and a clown balloon lady. The kids got awesome face paint and we walked the whole mall, both levels, and they got a ton of candy in a safe bright atmosphere. Most of the stores participated and some ran out of candy before we got to them, but I think this is the way to go from now on. I didn't see hardly any houses decorated in our town this year; it has dwindled every year for a long time. So YAY! for the mall!

"Women & cats will do as they please, & men & dogs should relax & get used to the idea." Robert Heinlein
#14 Old 11-01-2009, 07:48 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by chryssiie718 View Post

After walking all over our dark neighborhood last year with very few homes participating in Halloween, I decided we would trick-or-treat at the mall this year. And it was a big success!! The mall was packed with little and big monsters and ghouls of all kinds!! The mall had a face painting lady and a clown balloon lady. The kids got awesome face paint and we walked the whole mall, both levels, and they got a ton of candy in a safe bright atmosphere. Most of the stores participated and some ran out of candy before we got to them, but I think this is the way to go from now on. I didn't see hardly any houses decorated in our town this year; it has dwindled every year for a long time. So YAY! for the mall!

That's what we did with my son. We did the mall as well as a daytime outdoorsy event that included trick or treating in a neighborhood. It's a shame things have changed. I loved going door to door in neighborhoods. It's still done around here, but it's pretty cold and with a young un doesn't really work. So, the mall works very well!!

The Big Bad.
#15 Old 11-14-2009, 04:45 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semicharmed View Post

Heywood Banks has a song called "Halloween" that describes exactly this^ this slow death of traditional Halloween. We need a "take back the night" for Halloween.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page