overly emotional - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 09-30-2009, 02:27 PM

I'm usually a person that keeps all of my emotions in check. I try to think very logically and consider myself a "realist" for the most part... but today that's not going so well for me!

All day I've been wanting to cry at the drop of a hat, taking things personally that in no way are, everything feels like a personal jab! I don't know what the hell is wrong with me!!!

I'm feeling very out of control of my emotions right now and I HATE it!!!

Does anyone else have days like this (I know I can't be the only one) and what do you do to help yourself get through them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-30-2009, 02:31 PM
Ankle Biter

I'm sorry. Days like that suck!

When I'm having an overwhelming day, if I can, I get a change of scenery. I go out for lunch, walk the dogs, or get in the car and do some errands.

Go easy on yourself for the rest of the day.

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore
#3 Old 09-30-2009, 02:35 PM
Veggie Regular

I once heard of emotions being described as "energy in motion." Maybe you've got a lot bottled up inside and it's looking for a way out. Go ahead and cry or yell into a pillow. Expressing emotions are like a pressure valve. If you don't release them every so often the pressure will cause you to self-destruct. One thing I did want to say is that nothing is wrong with you. Never, ever apologize for how you feel.
#4 Old 09-30-2009, 02:38 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaroque View Post

I once heard of emotions being described as "energy in motion." Maybe you've got a lot bottled up inside and it's looking for a way out. Go ahead and cry or yell into a pillow. Expressing emotions are like a pressure valve. If you don't release them every so often the pressure will cause you to self-destruct. One thing I did want to say is that nothing is wrong with you. Never, ever apologize for how you feel.

Exactly, express how you feel and let it out and cry if you need to. Holding it in doesn't help at all.
#5 Old 09-30-2009, 02:41 PM
Veggie Regular

Big hugs to you, I have more days like that than I'd like to admit. I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.
#6 Old 09-30-2009, 03:08 PM
Veggie Regular

Usuall when I have days like that I'm either really tired (exhausted more like), frustrated at something I can't change or hurry along or under the influence of hormones (mostly progesterone, aka PMS). Often it's a combination of those.
#7 Old 09-30-2009, 04:45 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandab View Post

I'm usually a person that keeps all of my emotions in check. I try to think very logically and consider myself a "realist" for the most part... but today that's not going so well for me!

All day I've been wanting to cry at the drop of a hat, taking things personally that in no way are, everything feels like a personal jab! I don't know what the hell is wrong with me!!!

I'm feeling very out of control of my emotions right now and I HATE it!!!

Does anyone else have days like this (I know I can't be the only one) and what do you do to help yourself get through them?

I am having a day like that right now. And it is NOT my time of the month either (I hate it when people suggest that!). I am going to go to bed and read a book.

www.thesaucyvegan.com
#8 Old 09-30-2009, 07:30 PM

I have those days too where it feels like everything sucks! Sometimes two or three days in a row. Working up a sweat usually helps somewhat... a good workout or even just a nice long walk outside in the sunshine...you'll realize things aren't really all that bad.
#9 Old 09-30-2009, 07:32 PM

I have so much empathy for you right now. The same thing has been happening to me yesterday and today. Yesterday I cried three times on separate occasions. Ugh.

I hope you feel better!
#10 Old 09-30-2009, 07:49 PM
Veggie Regular

I feel like that at the beginning of my period. Not to suggest that that's the reason you are feeling this way or that that's the only reason why you would. I agree that it's annoying when people assume that. But, honestly, the first day of my period, I cry at cute commercials. It's embarrassing. But, just try to rest and take it easy and let your emotions do what they do. There's a reason you're crying, even if you don't know what it is. I hope you feel better tomorrow. Best wishes. :]
#11 Old 09-30-2009, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaroque View Post

One thing I did want to say is that nothing is wrong with you. Never, ever apologize for how you feel.

^^^^ Something I needed to hear... thank you!

Thank you all for your kind words... I'm sorry to everyone else that is feeling the same way. Hope you all get to feeling better soon!

I took about an hour nap and then spent some time playing with my dogs and just "decompressing". It's better but I'm still not feeling quite myself... as a matter of fact I feel like I'm about to start crying as I type this!
#12 Old 09-30-2009, 11:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Yeah I've had days like that. It is usually due to sleep-deprivation, stress, hormones (PMS) or a combination. If it is possible, I usually have a nap, or lay down for an hour or two just to breathe deeply and cry if necessary.

If that's not possible, I usually use one of my breaks during work and just lock myself in the bathroom stall with a piece of paper and I write down everything that is bothering me. I might bribe myself with chips or something for later in the day so I have something to look forward to as well.

If my day is going truly horribly, I'll call my boyfriend and he helps me calm down.

It's not in what you say, it's in what you do (Oasis)

Feeling bored? Why don't you wander over to my blog sometime. http://thebohemiankitchen.wordpress.com
#13 Old 10-01-2009, 01:17 AM
Veggie Regular

hope your feeling better today.

I agree totally with what amaroque said.

Keeping it inside does you no good.

I have plenty of days like this. I usually just let myself cry it all out, then I shared my feeling with someone that was willing to just listern, I felt much better then. Even if it takes couple of days to subside. Playing and cuddling with my mutt also helped. He's wicked like that.

Again feel better soon if you don't already.
#14 Old 10-01-2009, 10:13 AM

Feeling much better today! I think my job searching with no results is what got me down! It's very frustrating , I'm almost considering applying at the local McDonalds

Eh, hopefully it won't come to that but I have to find something fast! I can't take many more days like yesterday!
#15 Old 10-01-2009, 09:11 PM

I am the most over-emotiomal person on the planet so I sorta get how you were feeling......huggz.....happy to hear you are feeling better
#16 Old 10-02-2009, 12:21 AM
Beginner

Glad to hear your feeling better! And I really hope the job search goes better

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page