Looking for unique, creative ideas for long stories - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 12-17-2003, 03:54 PM
Veggie Regular

...something fantasy related, but not limited to the old elf-dwarf-dragon-etc.-etc. deal.

I'm stuck on good creative ideas for extended storylines or the creation of timelines and world.

anything here?

--Trav--
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-17-2003, 04:11 PM
Veggie Regular

I can't tell you any of my ideas because I'm already writing them!
#3 Old 12-17-2003, 05:39 PM
Veggie Regular

MOP, if someone had an idea, and wrote it down for you to see, it would be their intellectual property. They would have to give you permission to use the idea. LOL Otherwise that would be stealing... and since this place has time stamps it would be easy to prove whose original idea it was...
#4 Old 12-17-2003, 05:53 PM
Veggie Regular

You could write down your dreams and use them when you're short on ideas.
#5 Old 12-17-2003, 06:00 PM
Veggie Regular

Not being funny but I'd just get a part in Lord of the Rings.... That would suit you.
#6 Old 01-03-2004, 07:35 PM
Veggie Regular

Not being funny but I'd just get a part in Lord of the Rings.... That would suit you.
#7 Old 01-03-2004, 07:54 PM
Kiz
Veggie Regular

I really think you should be looking for your own story lines.

1/ We probably want our ideas for ourselves.

2/ Even if we didn't, it wouldn't be your story, it would be someone elses.

3/ Are you going to pay us for these ideas or are you just looking for a free ride?

Ok, some constructive suggestions - the dream idea might work, free association writing on a subject you are vaguely interested in can work too. Try creating some kick-arse characters, one's that have very different life outlooks form each other, put them together and see what happens. Try polishing your writing skills with other projects until that bolt-of-lightening idea hits. Or else, you can do what so many other hacks do and just copy someone elses idea in your own words and call it your own.

Love the post? Why not buy the T-shirt!
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=categorie&cat=8
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=product&info=94
#8 Old 01-03-2004, 07:56 PM
Veggie Regular

I always liked Piers Anthony....maybe you could think along those lines.....a beautiful land where all the "land" beings are these beautiful creatures and the world seems at peace.....and then until you dig "under" this world you get to see the horrible under belly which holds all that is evil in the world ans disgusting and just vile. They underworld is constantly plotting in little ways to over throw the land dwelling beings....maybe by causing certain crops to die off or by making certain races' women go barren....just a few ideas.

And I won't charge you for them either!
#9 Old 01-04-2004, 01:14 PM
Banned

Katherine Kurtz has a group of writers doing short stories on the Knights Templar. You might read those and submit a story to her.
#10 Old 01-05-2004, 12:22 AM
Veggie Regular

You could do what many other writers do... Move to Paris and almost starve for a few years. Should give you lots of things to write about
#11 Old 01-05-2004, 01:23 PM
Veggie Regular

How about a story that focuses on a male and female character who don't develop anything romantic? Well, maybe you're like Harry in When Harry Met Sally and insist that men and women cannot maintain a friendship without wanting more.

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#12 Old 01-27-2013, 09:59 AM

I realy want to write a story that will be FAB. What you got that your willing to give away?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page