Football! - Page 28 - VeggieBoards

Football!

Fromper's Avatar Fromper
11:27 PM 09-07-2014
My schools are both off to 2-0 starts, though Georgia Tech looked like crap doing it. Games against Wofford and Tulane shouldn't be even remotely close. At this point, it wouldn't surprise me at all if we ended up getting rid of our coach at the end of the season. Too many seasons in a row of just barely having winning records, and it looks like we'll be lucky to even manage that this year.

Florida State looks good, but not great. Last year, we dominated everyone. This year, we're winning, but not in quite so dominating a manner. We lost a few starters to the NFL, but I didn't think it would make as big a difference as it has, given the talent coming in to replace them. But we're still serious contenders to go undefeated and make the new playoffs. Beating an Oklahoma State team that looked better than anyone gave them credit for was a good start. Our next game is at home against Clemson, which could be tough, but we've got a week off to prep for it, which should help.

I had fun watching the Big Ten fall apart on Saturday. Living in B1G territory these days, them and Notre Dame are mostly what you hear about around here, so seeing Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, and Northwestern all lose non-conference games was fun. I didn't really pay much attention to the rest of the Big Ten - I just noticed those because they were the three high profile games, along with the one game played within 3 miles of my home.

--Fromper

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LedBoots's Avatar LedBoots
08:01 PM 09-16-2014
Breaking news, my Buccaneers still suck and have so many good players down with injuries already.
Fromper's Avatar Fromper
01:39 PM 09-18-2014
So Georgia Tech won our third game, against a pretty good Georgia Southern team that I honestly thought could beat us. So 3-0 start, but with some tough games coming up. This Saturday is @ Virginia Tech, so that could go badly.

My Florida State team has our big game against Clemson this Saturday, and because our quarterback is an immature jackass, he's been suspended for the 1st half. I agree with the decision to suspend him, but I really hope it doesn't cost us this big game. Losing this one could cost us the chances to repeat as ACC and national champions. That would suck. Hopefully, our backup QB is good.

--Fromper

Kenickie's Avatar Kenickie
02:06 PM 09-25-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromper View Post
My Florida State team has our big game against Clemson this Saturday, and because our quarterback is an immature jackass, he's been suspended for the 1st half. I agree with the decision to suspend him, but I really hope it doesn't cost us this big game. Losing this one could cost us the chances to repeat as ACC and national champions. That would suck. Hopefully, our backup QB is good.

--Fromper
He's just copying some dumb meme. Doesn't anyone at FSU cruise reddit? Or just the general internet? Boys are dumb. My teams are wobbly and ****. The SEC refs are a mess and ****. Three different SEC coaches have sent in film to the SEC over bad rulings. Everything is just **** and it's cold already here. **** is ****.
Fromper's Avatar Fromper
01:00 PM 09-26-2014
Well, my Georgia Tech team is surprising me. We just barely beat Virginia Tech last week, though looked like crap doing it. So off to a 4-0 start, but not looking like a very good team doing it. This may actually end up being a pretty good season for us, but that just means 8 or 9 wins, not ACC Championship or anything.

And Florida State dodged a bullet against Clemson with our Heisman winning QB sitting on the sideline, and his backup not looking so hot. Two major defensive players getting injured didn't help. Edwards will still be out this week against NC State, which won't help. That doesn't sound like a tough game, but it's on the road, and NC State is currently 4-0 and did beat us the last two times we traveled to their home stadium. So it might require some actual skill, though we should be heavily favored.

So my teams are a combined 7-0 right now. I can't complain too badly.

--Fromper

Fromper's Avatar Fromper
10:55 AM 10-02-2014
Sorry I missed watching the FSU at NC State game last weekend. Sounds like it was an exciting game, and my team won. So my teams are now a combined 8-0 (both 4-0).

Florida State has an easy one at home against Wake Forest this week, then another easy game on the road at Syracuse next week, before the real challenge when Notre Dame comes to Tallahassee.

Georgia Tech has to play Miami this week, which should be tough for us. They've beaten us 5 years in a row, despite not being that great lately. Both teams are pretty mediocre.

Lots of other good games to watch this week, too. This will definitely be a good week to spend all day Saturday on the couch in front of ESPN.

--Fromper

03:09 PM 10-11-2014
Winston's best option is probably just to drop out. Legally, anyway.

http://www.si.com/college-football/2...linary-hearing

I'm not old enough to remember Spurrier Shoes Era but eh. Gross. Reinforces the negative ideas people have about Florida when you've got cops covering up some low country low class **** like drive by bb gun shootouts - stolen crab legs and **** her right in her pussy not withstanding.

Night of the Long Knives has turned into a weekend of Long Knives. Last weekend was insane - blood everywhere, warm and wet. Georgia shut out Mizzou (suck on that SCAR!) and I'm wearing my Arkansas shirt because my three favorite teams are LSU, Arkansas, and who ever is playing Alabama, and that person today is Arkansas.

It's been so long since Mississippi had something to crow about that they've forgotten how to be rich. Stark Vegas and cow bells over Sandstorm which basically is hell on earth to me. But go Mississippi. You've still got more going for you than those Chinese people who buy like a bunch of Oldsmobiles and name their children Olympics.
03:10 PM 10-11-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromper View Post
Sorry I missed watching the FSU at NC State game last weekend. Sounds like it was an exciting game, and my team won. So my teams are now a combined 8-0 (both 4-0).

Florida State has an easy one at home against Wake Forest this week, then another easy game on the road at Syracuse next week, before the real challenge when Notre Dame comes to Tallahassee.

Georgia Tech has to play Miami this week, which should be tough for us. They've beaten us 5 years in a row, despite not being that great lately. Both teams are pretty mediocre.

Lots of other good games to watch this week, too. This will definitely be a good week to spend all day Saturday on the couch in front of ESPN.

--Fromper
Would you please start rooting for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers? Thankyouverymuch.
Fromper's Avatar Fromper
05:53 AM 10-12-2014
Winston's best option might be to drop out if he's guilty, but if he's innocent, he's better off just letting the investigation run its course. From everything I've heard about that messed up situation, there's apparently pictures and eyewitness testimony that it wasn't rape, which is why the DA with a reputation for going after FSU players even when they're obviously innocent didn't bother pressing charges.

Anyway, my teams are a combined 11-1 now. Georgia Tech surprised me with a good run by winning against Virginia Tech and Miami, but then lost to Duke. In past years, that could have been surprising, but Duke's actually one of the best in the ACC Coastal Division these days, which just proves that the Coastal is the weak half of a mediocre conference.

FSU hosts Notre Dame next Saturday, which should be a good game, assuming Winston's still there playing. Both teams are undefeated, but haven't looked that great, so it's probably an even matchup. If FSU wins that one, the rest of the schedule is easier than what they've faced so far, so they're pretty much guaranteed a playoff spot. If ND wins, they still have a couple of games left that they could lose.

The Mississippi teams really have looked dominating this year. I'm looking forward to seeing them play each other. Winner's pretty much guaranteed a playoff spot.

--Fromper

07:12 PM 10-20-2014
Football is over for me unless I want to die drunk like a Russian or something. I can't take it. To win the NFC South one only needs 8 wins. Who the hell is going to have 8 wins. Not me. Not Atlanta. Not Carolina. Not Tampa Bay. **** everything. LSU is not any better. Georgia is going to stumble into Atlanta and be slaughtered by Mississippi State. I hate everything.
Fromper's Avatar Fromper
11:21 AM 10-22-2014
Yeah, it's not a good year to be an LSU fan. They might just get the chance to play the spoiler role in the SEC West, though. I'm not convinced Mississippi State is going to walk through unbeaten - too much competition over there. And I wouldn't count out Georgia so quickly, either. They seem to really have their act together this year, despite Gurley getting suspended.

Florida State should make the playoff, but doesn't really deserve it. Unlike last year, when FSU dominated everyone, this year, our team's winning, but just barely. This is nowhere near as good a team. The SEC champ will clobber us in the playoffs.

--Fromper

lovingthegreen's Avatar lovingthegreen
11:28 AM 10-22-2014
I would love to see an undefeated Ole Miss squad play an undefeated Mississippi State team in the Egg Bowl (that would be EPIC), but I also don't see them both continuing to win every game up to that point. The SEC is just too good.
Fromper's Avatar Fromper
11:12 AM 11-21-2014
So my teams surprised me this year, and will have to face each other in the ACC Championship. FSU is 10-0, with relatively easy games against Boston College and Florida to close out the regular season. Georgia Tech is 9-2, with a bye week, then a tough game against Georgia before facing FSU for the ACC.

Florida State should win out and make the playoff. I'm not sure how they'll hold up against that tougher competition once they get there. I'm guessing it will be like last year's national championship against Auburn, and so many games this year, where they fall behind early, and come from behind to try and win it. But with teams at that level, and not being quite as good as last year's squad, they might not be able to pull off the wins that way in the playoff.

I'd love to see the ACC sweep the SEC in the rivalry games next week (Florida State vs Florida, Georgia Tech vs Georgia, Louisville vs Kentucky, Clemson vs South Carolina). I'm also cheering for upsets in the SEC rivalry games (Auburn vs Alabama, Ole Miss vs Miss State). I'd laugh if every SEC team ends up with at least 2 losses this year, and the playoff committee has to figure out what to do with them.

Once again, the 4 team playoff is only a very slight improvement over the BCS. It's still subject to opinions, and leaves out teams who have good reason to honestly believe they deserve a shot. The best solution would be a 16 team playoff with EVERY conference champion (even the minor conferences), plus wild cards. An 8 team playoff with the champs from the "Power 5" conferences plus 3 wild cards would be an improvement, too. But we're probably locked into the current system for at least a decade before fan discontent finally forces another change, like it did with the BCS.

--Fromper

10:02 AM 12-01-2014
white hot wet vicious savage pleasure if everything goes according to plan and ohio state gets left out of the playoff and they start whining about how the playoffs have to be 8 games hahahahahahahahahaha. well SEC championship will be boring as hell. a team georgia shut out by 35 points at home in columbia is going to play alabama. they'll be scraping missouri players off the field of the georgia dome for weeks. it's true. the iron bowl is the most exciting game in all of football. it's electric and loud and shocking. even when alabama won by 11 points, the whole thing was exciting. will certainly be way more exciting than our what...cardinals Super Bowl? don't even know anymore.
Fromper's Avatar Fromper
11:56 AM 12-01-2014
Yeah, Bama looked impressive. They really do look like the team to beat this year, but just barely. There's no single, completely dominant team like some years.

I'm happy the ACC swept the SEC 4-0 on Saturday, especially since two of the winners are my teams. And I'm always happy to see Spurrier lose, no matter where he's coaching or who he's playing against.

I was glad to see Marshall finally lose a game. I just didn't want to see an asterisk next to the playoff teams, because an undefeated got left out, so Western Kentucky beating them solved the problem. That was actually a fun one to watch on Friday. If you like offense, any game with a 49-42 halftime score is going to be exciting.

This coming weekend should be interesting. TCU plays a lousy Iowa State team, so they'll easily win. Bama should beat Mizzou. Florida State may have a tough time with Georgia Tech. Ohio State starting another new QB will probably be the underdogs against Wisconsin. Baylor probably matches up about evenly with Kansas State. And Oregon has to face the same Arizona team that already beat them once this year.

If exactly 2 of those top 6 lose, then the playoff committee has an easy and non-controversial decision about who makes the playoffs. If more or less of those top teams lose, then there will be controversy.

Also, Florida State has a new Taylor Swift meme (which is already out of date - we're up to 28).

--Fromper

Attached: 10411041_10152917738934697_454029871571834861_n[1].jpg (96.9 KB) 
07:46 PM 12-01-2014
Lol!^^^^
Fromper's Avatar Fromper
12:38 PM 12-11-2014
So all the top teams won this past weekend, causing chaos and Big 12 heartbreak when it comes to scheduling the playoffs. Like most people, I would have preferred FSU vs Bama in the Sugar Bowl, but having a month to prep for Oregon in the Rose Bowl should make it an easier game. I know FSU hasn't looked that impressive this year, but with a month to recover from all the injuries and study the opponents, they should come out stronger than they have all season.

And my Georgia Tech team made the Orange Bowl, which was pretty much guaranteed once they beat Georgia. That should be a fun one to watch. The extra month to prepare will make it easier for Miss State to prepare for their triple option offense. I don't have high hopes for Tech to win.

It should be a good bowl season, overall. Lots of good games at the top, and a few decent lower games here and there, too.

--Fromper

Purp's Avatar Purp
07:08 PM 01-18-2015
*passes out ear plugs to the entire internet* The Seahawks beat Green Bay 28-22!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
River's Avatar River
08:04 PM 01-18-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purp View Post
*passes out ear plugs to the entire internet* The Seahawks beat Green Bay 28-22!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The beastquake heard round the world
02:25 PM 09-03-2018
no one has posted in this thread in three years.
Tom's Avatar Tom
09:51 AM 09-08-2018
Yup! Until 5 days ago.

I don't know jack about football, but for some reason I like this thread.🤷*♂️

Reply Up