Ringling Bros./Barnum and Bailey Circus Protest - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 05-07-2008, 10:20 PM
Veggie Regular

Hello all!

For everyone who is interested in standing up against the Ringling Bros. and Barnum and Bailey Circus atrocities committed upon animals, please join us June 6th, 7th, and 8th at the Mid America Center in Council Bluffs, Iowa. The times are still being worked out, but anyone who is interested, please email me right away and I will keep you updated.

Campaign materials and posters will be provided, but feel free to bring your own.

Also, all who participate in the protest get to eat at McFosters Natural Kind Cafe (38th and Dodge, Omaha, NE) for HALF OFF their entire meal!

Thanks again, and I hope to see you there!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-07-2008, 11:08 PM
Veggie Regular

I hope alot of protesters go to this! I did 2 nights in the Philly area protest recently.
#3 Old 05-09-2008, 08:49 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolinCyndee View Post

I hope alot of protesters go to this! I did 2 nights in the Philly area protest recently.

It's only been a couple weeks since I posted a "mass email" to activists that I know (and don't know), and I already have about 15 interested. I'm excited though, I'm sure we will have a great turnout!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 05-09-2008, 09:47 PM
Veggie Regular

Great!!! I hope alot of people come out for that!!
#5 Old 06-07-2008, 07:37 PM
Veggie Regular

The first two days were a massive success, with many protest participants (4 on Friday and 12 today) and a FRONT PAGE story! There were a lot of people interested in our cause and several gave us "thumbs up" and cheers. Tomorrow is the last day, but I'm sure we've left our mark...it's funny, even Ringling was nervous about us. We could hear one of the workers asking eachother how many protestors there were.

I also saw the elephants and big cats. One poor elephant was trying to throw dirt on herself to cool off, but because she was chained on concrete, all she could scoop up was a few rock chips. Two other elephants were standing nearby, swaying and bumping heads together. I also witnessed two elephants being hit with a bat of some sort by one of the "trainers."

Lucky for us, the turnout was horrible, the parking lots weren't even full, and I never saw many kids. Ringling is seeing resistance in every city, including the small ones, and we will never give up until they take animals out of their show.

Here's the link to the story... http://www.nonpareilonline.com/site/...d=555106&rfi=6
#6 Old 06-08-2008, 10:44 PM
Veggie Regular

Very sad about the elephants getting hit, and not being able to dust bathe.

Excellent article btw!!! I am glad that some of the people were interested in your cause. Here in Philly, there was alot of resistance and disapproval by the circus-goers. They scolded the protesters for doing the protest in front of their children. Grrrrrrrr!
#7 Old 06-09-2008, 03:58 PM

Thank you so much for posting this and encouraging others to stand up for what is right. if i could've been there, i would have been there with everyone. i can't bear it that these poor animals are being denied their rights to not be exploited and used like machines with no feelings. you have my word that i will never set foot at a circus
#8 Old 06-13-2008, 01:26 PM

I just wanted to commend nbc for keeping animals off their new show celebrity circus. i tuned in on wed and made sure. it was a very good show and i was oh so happy not to see anyone riding an elephant.
#9 Old 06-26-2008, 01:21 PM
Veggie Regular

It seems as though they're making an effort to be animal friendly per wikipedia. I agree to a point that captivity can help awareness:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ringlin...lty_to_animals

I particularly like the part about the dogs being rescued from shelters. Their lives are nothing there.

(choose wikipedia as it's usually unslanted) just FYI for you guys
#10 Old 06-30-2008, 04:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nykoelle View Post

It seems as though they're making an effort to be animal friendly per wikipedia. I agree to a point that captivity can help awareness:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ringlin...lty_to_animals

I particularly like the part about the dogs being rescued from shelters. Their lives are nothing there.

(choose wikipedia as it's usually unslanted) just FYI for you guys

Actually, any random person can post on wiki. It's not reliable enough to even be accepted as a reference in a college paper.
#11 Old 07-06-2008, 03:16 PM

I'm very happy to hear about your protest. I participated in the protest for the Ringling Bros./Barnum and Bailey Circus when they were here in San Antonio July 2nd. We didn't have a huge turnout but I think anything helps. Soon people will become more and more aware of the cruelty that goes in behind closed doors as long as we keep trying to get the word out and never giving up.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page