wanted vegan mums dads and kids - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-06-2003, 06:30 PM

Kia ora,

I am a vegan film student about to start shooting a doco about vegan kids.

My aim is to dispell all the myths and fears surrounding the vegan diet and lifestyle ( mainley in the area of bringing up vegan babies) for new vegan mums and dads.

I am looking for Vegan families (and kids even) who may be able to share their struggles and triumphs so far.

I am also going to be filming a vegan birthday party for a 7 year old girl in august and am looking for the perfect party food recipies so if you have a great chocolate or banana cake recipe or sausage rolls etc junkie kids party food. (vegan obviuosly) and you wouldnt mind sharing them PLEASE contact me .

I am also publishing a recipe booklet along with the video. So if you are a great vegan cook and are happy to let other families use your recipes it would be fab to use it in the accompanying booklet.

Unfortunately I will not be able to pay for any recipes given , as the productin of the video is going to bust me financially alone. however i will certainly place the name of the familie beside the recipe and will thank those involved in the acknowledgemnts section.

If you are a veggie couple who have concerns about enforcing the vegan diet on children or even feel that bringing up a child vegan is cruel , I would love to hear from you also, as this will help me to ensure that i address and answer all of the reservations and worries that alot of people have.

also if anyone here is from london or europe and would be happy to be filmed then please contact me asap.

you can email me at [email protected]

or of course just talk to me here.

Ka kete

Thanks alot cassx

wanted vegan mums dads and kids
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-06-2003, 09:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Hi, I'm a mom of a 3yr old son. My husband son and I are all vegan. I always have a huge vegan birthday party for my son with sooo much food. This is my recipe for stuffed shells, that always is the first to go-

Stuffed Shells

1 lb firm tofu-mashed

1/2 C vegenaise or other vegan mayonaise

2 tsp garlic powder

1 tsp salt

1/2 lb fresh spinach, washed, and chopped

3 (or more) cloves garlic

1/3 C marinated mushrooms-chopped

1 6 oz jar marinated artichoke hearts-drained and chopped

1/3 C nutritional yeast parmesean (blended mix of nutritional yeast, almonds and salt)

about 30-40 stuffing shells, cooked

1 jar marinara sauce

In a large bowl, combine tofu, vegenaise garlic powder, salt, marinated mushrooms, artichokes, and vegan parmesean.

Saute spinach and garlic cloves together for a few minutes, add to tofu mixture

Preheat oven to 350*

In a 9x13" pan, put a layer of sauce on the bottom.

Stuff cooked shells with tofu mixture and put in the pan, cover with remaining sauce. Sprinke a little vegan parm on the top of the shells. Cover with foil and bake for about 1/2 hour.

This is everyone's favorite dish. Our omni friends were more then impressed. People fight over the last shells in the pan.

Good luck with your film, I'm interested to learn more about it!
#3 Old 07-08-2003, 05:00 AM
Veggie Regular

good luck with your project.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 07-08-2003, 01:38 PM

Thanks, Im gonna try out your recipe tonight im having some girlfriends over for a movie and a meal. so ill post you tomorrow with the results, i have a tendancy to foregt about food and leave it in the oven to burn so fingers croseed it works out.

Punk mummy - id love to ask you loads more questions, can i send you out a questionaire Iv made up for all the vegan families im interviewing? If you dont want to post your physical address onn the net my private email is [email protected]. thanks for your suppport. cheers-cass
#5 Old 05-18-2006, 01:38 PM
Banned

Have you tried Arbonne's Baby Care products??? They are great for babys as well as school age kids.

They are all vegan certified ~ Skin care, baby care, nutrition and vitamins. No testing on animals!!!

You can also get 35%-80% off when you sign on for $29 your first year and $15 next year!!!

Arbonne's skin care is great for all skin types and I love their vitamins.

Take a look for yourself.

My website is melaniecamargo.myarbonne.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page