Tell FICA Fur is Cruel! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#1 Old 02-11-2006, 01:41 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Bluebutterfly05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 644
Here is a good place to let FICA (Fur Information Council of America) how cruel fur is! Hopefully they don't do automatic messages like KFC does. I asked them to respond to me directly, don't know if they'll listen. We can only try:



http://www.fur.org/poen_cont.cfm?mod...TOKEN=33971432



The bottom of their FAQ tries to justify fur, and their comments are rather disturbing: http://www.fur.org/poen_faqs.cfm



Also, here is the rest of their contact information:

National Headquarters

8424 A Santa Monica Boulevard, #860

West Hollywood, California 90069

TEL: (323) 848-7940

FAX: (323) 848-2931

E-MAIL: [email protected]
Bluebutterfly05 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 Old 02-11-2006, 01:51 PM
Veggie Regular
 
megveggie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 692
[QUOTE=Bluebutterfly05]The bottom of their FAQ tries to justify fur, and their comments are rather disturbing: http://www.fur.org/poen_faqs.cfm

Jerks. Animal rights activists use false information, eh?
megveggie is offline  
#3 Old 02-11-2006, 02:03 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Bluebutterfly05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by megveggie View Post

Jerks. Animal rights activists use false information, eh?

Yep. Didn't you know? Animal rights activists pay animals to act like they're in great pain while they're in leghold traps. The animals are professional actors!



The sad thing is, people will actually believe these fur-defenders.
Bluebutterfly05 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#4 Old 02-11-2006, 02:16 PM
Veggie Regular
 
snownose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,009
What did you say to them?

I want to say "i hate you and you are animal killers, you stupid a*******!"



But, that would hardly be constructive.

I can't believe someone would want to defend such a horrible industry.

They are such smooth talkers, they had me fooled for about a second.



I'll email them, I just don't know what to say.
snownose is offline  
#5 Old 02-11-2006, 03:00 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Bluebutterfly05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by snownose View Post

What did you say to them?

I want to say "i hate you and you are animal killers, you stupid a*******!"



But, that would hardly be constructive.

I can't believe someone would want to defend such a horrible industry.

They are such smooth talkers, they had me fooled for about a second.



I'll email them, I just don't know what to say.

I quoted all of their comments against animal rights on their FAQs and responded to them piece-by-piece. I did mention quite a few times how disgusted I am with their comments and attempts to justify such cruelty, but I refrained from using direct insults or profanity. If you just scream at them, they'll just consider you crazy and not pay attention.
Bluebutterfly05 is offline  
#6 Old 02-11-2006, 03:25 PM
Veggie Regular
 
snownose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebutterfly05 View Post

If you just scream at them, they'll just consider you crazy and not pay attention.





Exactly. I won't do that, thats why I asked for suggestions on what to say.
snownose is offline  
#7 Old 02-11-2006, 04:39 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Bluebutterfly05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by snownose View Post

Exactly. I won't do that, thats why I asked for suggestions on what to say.

Well I'm not you. So it depends what you want to say. Just speak from your heart.
Bluebutterfly05 is offline  
#8 Old 02-12-2006, 04:41 PM
Veggie Regular
 
peace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 4,262
Since the whole purpose of FICA's existance is to promote the sale of fur, it is highly doubtful that they are going to be convinced by even the best anti-fur arguments.



In my opinion, it's much more constructive to campaign for store chains and designers to stop selling fur items, rather than ask a multimillion dollar industry to shut itself down because it's the right thing to do.



As long as people are buying fur, they will continue to produce it and defend their practices. Only if people stop buying fur, will the industry and its public relations departments will go out of business.

slops, gloops, and gruels.
peace is offline  
#9 Old 02-12-2006, 04:52 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Bluebutterfly05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by peace View Post

Since the whole purpose of FICA's existance is to promote the sale of fur, it is highly doubtful that they are going to be convinced by even the best anti-fur arguments.



In my opinion, it's much more constructive to campaign for store chains and designers to stop selling fur items, rather than ask a multimillion dollar industry to shut itself down because it's the right thing to do.



As long as people are buying fur, they will continue to produce it and defend their practices. Only if people stop buying fur, will the industry and its public relations departments will go out of business.

Hmm, I was waiting for a post like this, lol.



It is true that it is best to write to stores and designers. I am actually in the process of compiling a big list of them. But for now I thought I'd post this for those who aren't busy and are willing to just write a short letter. I kept mine brief too because I'd rather focus on those who are more willing to listen.



Thanks for the post though, you are right.



BTW should I post the list when I'm done? Or do you know if there's already a list on the net already?
Bluebutterfly05 is offline  
#10 Old 02-12-2006, 05:00 PM
Veggie Regular
 
snownose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,009
"Many models and celebrities (Naomi Campbell, Nadja Auermann, Claudia Schiffer and Cindy Crawford) who once supported groups like PeTA have recently been seen wearing beautiful fur coats in ads, on the runways, and socially. Famous fur lovers include Sharon Stone, Madonna, Demi Moore, Elizabeth Hurley, Jennifer Lopez, Beyonce Knowles, Goldie Hawn, Cybill Shepard, Glenn Close and many others."





That is from their website. It makes me sick how defiant they are. I'm sure Peta has gained more celeb followers than lost.
snownose is offline  
#11 Old 02-12-2006, 05:22 PM
Veggie Regular
 
snownose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,009
Ok I emailed them. Let us know if you find more places to contact, I will definately do it.
snownose is offline  
#12 Old 02-12-2006, 07:09 PM
Veggie Regular
 
peace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 4,262
Contact Information for Stores that Sell Fur:

http://www.furfreeaction.org/article...tion.php?id=33



For store chains outside the US, contact Infurmation:

http://infurmation.com/activist.php

slops, gloops, and gruels.
peace is offline  
#13 Old 02-12-2006, 07:46 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Bluebutterfly05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by peace View Post

Contact Information for Stores that Sell Fur:

http://www.furfreeaction.org/article...tion.php?id=33



For store chains outside the US, contact Infurmation:

http://infurmation.com/activist.php



Lol, after all that work, NOW you tell me.
Bluebutterfly05 is offline  
#14 Old 02-12-2006, 07:51 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Bluebutterfly05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 644
Actually my list is very different. So I can still post it. Here it is. Might want to save this:





FUR/LEATHER STORES



FUR & Luxury Center

http://www.furcenter.com/contact_us.html



Overland Sheepskin Co.

800-683-7526

[email protected]



Estate Furs

[email protected]



Dworkin Furs

[email protected]

(613) 241-4213

http://www.dworkinfurs.com/contact_us.html



Starlightfurs

514-843-7591

[email protected]



Hinsdale Furriers

http://www.hinsdalefurriers.com/contactus.htm

(630) 323-4913

[email protected]



Gold Diamond Furs and Leathers

905-731-1045

[email protected]



A.J. Ugent Furs

http://www.ugentfurs.com/contact.htm

(414) 463-7777 1-800-544-3877



Georgias Furs and Leathers

856-354-3181

[email protected]



Furs by Leonard

1-877-923-3877



Gavrel Furs

888-629-0100



Superior Furs

(516) 365-4123

[email protected]



Kanuk Sheepskin International

1-866-437-6906

(604) 437-6906



Tatianas

(212) 755-7744



Morris Kaye and Sons

(214) 631-0804

(210) 820-FURS (second address)

[email protected]



Fox Unlimited, Inc.

212-736-3071

[email protected]

http://www.foxunlimited.com/feedback.htm



Mink Center

http://www.minkcenter.com/contents/contact_us.htm



Pat Flesher Furs

(613) 237-1700

http://www.patflesher.com/contactus.htm



Buhl Frye

[email protected]



Hicks Furs

[email protected]

905-545-3911

1-88-545-6760



Lea Furs

(201) 444-5554

[email protected]



Collection Corner

604-254-5527

http://www.collections-corner.com/contactus.html



Fur Outlet

201-348-2899

[email protected]et.com

http://www.furoutlet.com/contact.asp#feedback_form



Carolyn Furs

[email protected]



Sola Furs

http://www.fourruresola.com/en/contact.asp

1-877-692-4275



Henig Furs

334-277-7610

[email protected]

\tStores

Corporate HQ and Store: contact Michael Ward (334) 277-7610

\tHenig Leather Outlet: contact Jay Druhan (334) 244-1840

\tContact Lori Cislo (706) 736-1585

\tContact Nanci Roberts (205) 822-3877

\tHamilton Corner: contact Mike Schnell (423) 894-3644

\tContact Vicki Cole: (256) 536-5977

\t(601) 957-1669

\tThe Gallery: contact Bob Prohs: (865) 588-6261

\tContact Glennon Bosarge: (334) 476-3877

\tThe Mall at Green Hills: contact Dan Jankowski (615) 269-3877

\tOpry Mills Shopping Mall: contact Willie Gosha (615) 514-2112

\tContact Angie Long: (706) 494-2626

\tBelk Citadel Mall: contact Deborah Alexander-Gioello (843) 571-1441

\tBelk South Park Mall: contact Jim McDonald (704) 364-6680

\tBelk Richland Mall: contact Debra McCord (803) 738-8242

\tBelk Haywood Mall: contact Sabrina Hicks (864) 678-9290

\tBelk Regency Square Mall: contact Joseph Abisch (904) 727-6951

\tBelk The Avenues: contact Joseph Abisch (904) 363-1100 Ext 246

\tBelk Towne Center Mall: contact Tracy Mason (919) 481-4997

\tBelk Valley View Mall: contact Steve Tredwell (540) 362-2221

\tBelk Hanes Mall: contact Carol Santone (366) 760-1529

\tBelk Columbiana Centre: contact Deborah McCord (803) 781-4100 Ext. 248

\tBelk Friendly Center: contact Steve Tredwell (336) 292-0960 Ext. 245

\tParkway Place: contact Vicki Cole (256) 536-5977

\tHudson Belk: contact Tracy Mason (919) 782-7010 Ext. 348



Claw Antler and Hide Company

605-673-4345

[email protected]



Northern Fur

(Bill Buckley, Owner)

[email protected]

(705) 843-2730



Roark Furs

937-947-1012

1-800-353-3340

http://roarkfurs.com/contact.htm

[email protected]



Nadel Furs Inc

905-549-3015

[email protected]



M.Castoria

1-866-289-3877

http://www.leather-fur.com/contact.asp

http://www.leather-fur.com/feedback.asp



In The Mink

(212) 564-5663

[email protected]

www.inthemink.com (Go to Contact)



Quantity Buy

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected] (Fur Advice)

[email protected] (All Other Matters)

1-212-695-0226

1-718-621-3991



Prime Furs

1-888-554-9595

989-422-2543

[email protected]

http://www.primefurs.com/contact.htm



Mano Swartz

410-825-9000

[email protected]



NZ Possum Products

[email protected]

nzpossumproducts.co.nz



USA Foxx Furs

http://customweb.usafoxx.net/contactus.htm

(218) 722-7742

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]



Atlantic Fur

416-292-1179

[email protected]



Paula Lishman International

[email protected]

Paula Lishman Designer, CEO, president

905-986-5096

1-800-263-5272

[email protected]

[email protected]



Lazares Fur

http://www.lazaresfurs.com/contact/

Lazares Fur (Windsor ON) (519) 253-2418

\t\t\t (888) 520-2737 TOLL FREE

Lazares & Company (Windsor ON) (519) 258-1226

\t\t\t\t\t(800) 991-7777 TOLL FREE

Lazares Furs U.S.A. (Detroit) (313) 962-8811

\t\t\t\t (800) 891-8810



Luxury Fur For Less

[email protected]



DAndre

1(800) 564-4168

[email protected]

[email protected]



OFarrell Hatmakers and Clothiers

970-259-8822

970-749-8768 TOLL FREE

[email protected]

http://www.sundancemall.com/ofarrellhats/ (Go to Feedback form)



Shekhman Furs

http://www.shekhmanfurs.com/Pages/GuestBook.htm

http://www.shekhmanfurs.com/Pages/ContactUs.htm

(204) 254-8021

[email protected] (Fur product info)

[email protected] (souvenir info)



Dicker and Dicker

Beverly Hills ~ (310) 652-FURS

Chatsworth Outlet ~ 818-998-4387

[email protected]



Chilkat Valley Farms

1-800-767-5749



Attila Farms

http://www.attilahelmets.com/3.0.html

[email protected]

215-529-9160



Peter Palms Pelts (Palms & Company, Inc)

[email protected]



High Sierra Fur Company

1-800-594-8266



Alaskan Fur Company

Kansas City

\t913-649-4000

\t[email protected]

Minneapolis

\t952-835-6666

\t[email protected]

Chicago

\t312-482-8840

\t[email protected]

TOLL FREE: 1-800-AFC-FURS

[email protected]



Kaufman Furs

http://www.kaufmanfurs.net/contact.html

[email protected]



Web Furs Online

http://www.webfurs.com/contact.asp

212-736-4043

[email protected]



Snowiss Fur Company

570-748-3121

[email protected]



Denimaxx

(212) 207-4900



Albert Furs

216-831-8801

[email protected]
Bluebutterfly05 is offline  
#15 Old 02-12-2006, 11:28 PM
Newbie
 
GhostUser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 0
sure will cause i am furious--about fur.



peace and love



jenn
GhostUser is offline  
#16 Old 02-13-2006, 05:25 AM
Veggie Regular
 
snownose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,009
Wow, thats a lot of places. Maybe I will just write one email and send it to all of them.

But it would be weird if I asked Miller's furs to stop selling fur, because thats all they are! Same with other fur shops!
snownose is offline  
#17 Old 02-13-2006, 10:04 PM
Banned
 
SavedbytheBlood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 672
hemmmmmmmmmm.
SavedbytheBlood is offline  
#18 Old 02-13-2006, 10:07 PM
Banned
 
SavedbytheBlood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 672
So you guys are gonna ask these businesses to stop selling fur. Oh ok. I didn't know why you guys had these businesses listed. Let me know if I works.
SavedbytheBlood is offline  
#19 Old 02-16-2006, 03:33 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Morna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 435
Quote:
In my opinion, it's much more constructive to campaign for store chains and designers to stop selling fur items, rather than ask a multimillion dollar industry to shut itself down because it's the right thing to do.



That is so right on. The people who supply fur to the stores aren't going to put themselves out of business, but if we stop buying it, and letting stores know we won't buy ANYTHING from them if they sell fur, we can put them out of business. Our wallet is our most powerful weapon.
Morna is offline  
#20 Old 02-16-2006, 04:19 PM
Veggie Regular
 
snownose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,009
Has anyone seem those disgusting ads for the huge fur sale?

All these fur sales give me the idea that the demand is slowly decreasing, and fur stores are making less profit off the fur.

Is this true?
snownose is offline  
#21 Old 02-17-2006, 12:43 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Bluebutterfly05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 644
Well I've seen alot of "Going out of business" fur sales lately.
Bluebutterfly05 is offline  
#22 Old 02-17-2006, 03:01 PM
Veggie Regular
 
snownose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebutterfly05 View Post

Well I've seen alot of "Going out of business" fur sales lately.





Thats great!

I think that complete fur coats are done for, but fur trim is still a major problem. On one day at school I can count at least 3 or 4 fur trim items. Most are being worn by b*t*hs and cheerleaders.

The only full length fur jackets I see are on celebs and old rich ladies.
snownose is offline  
#23 Old 02-17-2006, 03:24 PM
Veggie Regular
 
snownose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebutterfly05 View Post

Actually my list is very different. So I can still post it. Here it is. Might want to save this:





FUR/LEATHER STORES



FUR & Luxury Center

http://www.furcenter.com/contact_us.html



Overland Sheepskin Co.

800-683-7526

[email protected]



Estate Furs

[email protected]



Dworkin Furs

[email protected]

(613) 241-4213

http://www.dworkinfurs.com/contact_us.html



Starlightfurs

514-843-7591

[email protected]



Hinsdale Furriers

http://www.hinsdalefurriers.com/contactus.htm

(630) 323-4913

[email protected]



Gold Diamond Furs and Leathers

905-731-1045

[email protected]



A.J. Ugent Furs

http://www.ugentfurs.com/contact.htm

(414) 463-7777 1-800-544-3877



Georgias Furs and Leathers

856-354-3181

[email protected]



Furs by Leonard

1-877-923-3877



Gavrel Furs

888-629-0100



Superior Furs

(516) 365-4123

[email protected]



Kanuk Sheepskin International

1-866-437-6906

(604) 437-6906



Tatianas

(212) 755-7744



Morris Kaye and Sons

(214) 631-0804

(210) 820-FURS (second address)

[email protected]



Fox Unlimited, Inc.

212-736-3071

[email protected]

http://www.foxunlimited.com/feedback.htm



Mink Center

http://www.minkcenter.com/contents/contact_us.htm



Pat Flesher Furs

(613) 237-1700

http://www.patflesher.com/contactus.htm



Buhl Frye

[email protected]



Hicks Furs

[email protected]

905-545-3911

1-88-545-6760



Lea Furs

(201) 444-5554

[email protected]



Collection Corner

604-254-5527

http://www.collections-corner.com/contactus.html



Fur Outlet

201-348-2899

[email protected]

http://www.furoutlet.com/contact.asp#feedback_form



Carolyn Furs

[email protected]



Sola Furs

http://www.fourruresola.com/en/contact.asp

1-877-692-4275



Henig Furs

334-277-7610

[email protected]

\tStores

Corporate HQ and Store: contact Michael Ward (334) 277-7610

\tHenig Leather Outlet: contact Jay Druhan (334) 244-1840

\tContact Lori Cislo (706) 736-1585

\tContact Nanci Roberts (205) 822-3877

\tHamilton Corner: contact Mike Schnell (423) 894-3644

\tContact Vicki Cole: (256) 536-5977

\t(601) 957-1669

\tThe Gallery: contact Bob Prohs: (865) 588-6261

\tContact Glennon Bosarge: (334) 476-3877

\tThe Mall at Green Hills: contact Dan Jankowski (615) 269-3877

\tOpry Mills Shopping Mall: contact Willie Gosha (615) 514-2112

\tContact Angie Long: (706) 494-2626

\tBelk Citadel Mall: contact Deborah Alexander-Gioello (843) 571-1441

\tBelk South Park Mall: contact Jim McDonald (704) 364-6680

\tBelk Richland Mall: contact Debra McCord (803) 738-8242

\tBelk Haywood Mall: contact Sabrina Hicks (864) 678-9290

\tBelk Regency Square Mall: contact Joseph Abisch (904) 727-6951

\tBelk The Avenues: contact Joseph Abisch (904) 363-1100 Ext 246

\tBelk Towne Center Mall: contact Tracy Mason (919) 481-4997

\tBelk Valley View Mall: contact Steve Tredwell (540) 362-2221

\tBelk Hanes Mall: contact Carol Santone (366) 760-1529

\tBelk Columbiana Centre: contact Deborah McCord (803) 781-4100 Ext. 248

\tBelk Friendly Center: contact Steve Tredwell (336) 292-0960 Ext. 245

\tParkway Place: contact Vicki Cole (256) 536-5977

\tHudson Belk: contact Tracy Mason (919) 782-7010 Ext. 348



Claw Antler and Hide Company

605-673-4345

[email protected]



Northern Fur

(Bill Buckley, Owner)

[email protected]

(705) 843-2730



Roark Furs

937-947-1012

1-800-353-3340

http://roarkfurs.com/contact.htm

[email protected]



Nadel Furs Inc

905-549-3015

[email protected]



M.Castoria

1-866-289-3877

http://www.leather-fur.com/contact.asp

http://www.leather-fur.com/feedback.asp



In The Mink

(212) 564-5663

[email protected]

www.inthemink.com (Go to Contact)



Quantity Buy

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected] (Fur Advice)

[email protected] (All Other Matters)

1-212-695-0226

1-718-621-3991



Prime Furs

1-888-554-9595

989-422-2543

[email protected]

http://www.primefurs.com/contact.htm



Mano Swartz

410-825-9000

[email protected]



NZ Possum Products

[email protected]

nzpossumproducts.co.nz



USA Foxx Furs

http://customweb.usafoxx.net/contactus.htm

(218) 722-7742

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]



Atlantic Fur

416-292-1179

[email protected]



Paula Lishman International

[email protected]

Paula Lishman Designer, CEO, president

905-986-5096

1-800-263-5272

[email protected]

[email protected]



Lazares Fur

http://www.lazaresfurs.com/contact/

Lazares Fur (Windsor ON) (519) 253-2418

\t\t\t (888) 520-2737 TOLL FREE

Lazares & Company (Windsor ON) (519) 258-1226

\t\t\t\t\t(800) 991-7777 TOLL FREE

Lazares Furs U.S.A. (Detroit) (313) 962-8811

\t\t\t\t (800) 891-8810



Luxury Fur For Less

[email protected]



DAndre

1(800) 564-4168

[email protected]

[email protected]



OFarrell Hatmakers and Clothiers

970-259-8822

970-749-8768 TOLL FREE

[email protected]

http://www.sundancemall.com/ofarrellhats/ (Go to Feedback form)



Shekhman Furs

http://www.shekhmanfurs.com/Pages/GuestBook.htm

http://www.shekhmanfurs.com/Pages/ContactUs.htm

(204) 254-8021

[email protected] (Fur product info)

[email protected] (souvenir info)



Dicker and Dicker

Beverly Hills ~ (310) 652-FURS

Chatsworth Outlet ~ 818-998-4387

[email protected]



Chilkat Valley Farms

1-800-767-5749



Attila Farms

http://www.attilahelmets.com/3.0.html

[email protected]

215-529-9160



Peter Palms Pelts (Palms & Company, Inc)

[email protected]



High Sierra Fur Company

1-800-594-8266



Alaskan Fur Company

Kansas City

\t913-649-4000

\t[email protected]

Minneapolis

\t952-835-6666

\t[email protected]

Chicago

\t312-482-8840

\t[email protected]

TOLL FREE: 1-800-AFC-FURS

[email protected]



Kaufman Furs

http://www.kaufmanfurs.net/contact.html

[email protected]



Web Furs Online

http://www.webfurs.com/contact.asp

212-736-4043

[email protected]



Snowiss Fur Company

570-748-3121

[email protected]



Denimaxx

(212) 207-4900



Albert Furs

216-831-8801

[email protected]









please also write to Bloomingdales, they sell a lot of fur.



Bloomingdale's, Inc.

Mr. Michael Gould, Chairman

1000 3rd Ave.

New York, NY 10022

Tel.: 212-705-2000

Fax: 212-705-2805
snownose is offline  
#24 Old 02-17-2006, 06:17 PM
Veggie Regular
 
peace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 4,262
I see fur trim items constantly, as well. A lot of it is obviously real. Fur trim has taken the place of traditional long fur coats as the industry's biggest money maker.

Currently, more animals die for fur trim items than for full-length coats.

slops, gloops, and gruels.
peace is offline  
#25 Old 02-22-2006, 05:04 AM
Veggie Regular
 
snownose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,009
OK, I emailed Bloomingdales, here is their reply.





Thank you for your recent e-mail. We appreciate you taking the time to

contact us.



We have received your recent communication regarding the sale of fur in

our stores, and want to thank you for taking time to share your views

with us on this very sensitive and emotional topic.



We respect your views, and those of the many others who decline to buy

fur products or to shop in stores that sell them. Clearly, such

decisions made by individual consumers function as an effective

barometer for determining what will and will not be offered for sale in

a free and open marketplace.



As retailers, our role is that of a buying agent for the American

consumer. It is the consumer who ultimately will determine whether fur

will continue to be a viable product in the American retail

marketplace.

If no one wants to buy, retailers will not sell it. Right now, this is

not the case.



Unfortunately, while many people share your opinions about fur, and buy

only faux furs, which we also sell, many others do not-and they too,

are

our customers. It is our belief that censorship of legitimate market

offerings by the retailers would subvert a role that properly is the

consumer's in a free market process.



I hope you can appreciate our position on this subject, even though it

may differ from your own. Nonetheless, I appreciate having this

opportunity to respond, and thank you again for taking the time to

write

to us.



If you have any further questions or concerns, please e-mail us at

[email protected] or call us at: 1-866-593-2540. Our

office hours are Monday through Saturday 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM and Sunday

11:00 AM to 7:00 PM.



Sincerely,



Peggy Fisher

Internet Customer Service

Bloomingdales.com Customer Service



http://www.bloomingdales.com
snownose is offline  
#26 Old 02-22-2006, 01:52 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Bluebutterfly05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 644
Too bad animals can't be customers, then maybe they'd respect them.

Bluebutterfly05 is offline  
#27 Old 02-22-2006, 02:44 PM
Veggie Regular
 
snownose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebutterfly05 View Post

Too bad animals can't be customers, then maybe they'd respect them.




yeah, i agree.

basically what they are saying is that they are making money off of animal suffering, and as long as they do, they'll continue.

they are saying too bad, people are still buying it, so shove off and mind your own bussiness, but in a nice way.



eta: did you recieve any replies to your emails?
snownose is offline  
#28 Old 02-24-2006, 01:52 AM
Veggie Regular
 
kyliemc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by snownose View Post

OK, I emailed Bloomingdales, here is their reply.





Thank you for your recent e-mail. We appreciate you taking the time to

contact us.



We have received your recent communication regarding the sale of fur in

our stores, and want to thank you for taking time to share your views

with us on this very sensitive and emotional topic.



We respect your views, and those of the many others who decline to buy

fur products or to shop in stores that sell them. Clearly, such

decisions made by individual consumers function as an effective

barometer for determining what will and will not be offered for sale in

a free and open marketplace.



As retailers, our role is that of a buying agent for the American

consumer. It is the consumer who ultimately will determine whether fur

will continue to be a viable product in the American retail

marketplace.

If no one wants to buy, retailers will not sell it. Right now, this is

not the case.



Unfortunately, while many people share your opinions about fur, and buy

only faux furs, which we also sell, many others do not-and they too,

are

our customers. It is our belief that censorship of legitimate market

offerings by the retailers would subvert a role that properly is the

consumer's in a free market process.



I hope you can appreciate our position on this subject, even though it

may differ from your own. Nonetheless, I appreciate having this

opportunity to respond, and thank you again for taking the time to

write

to us.



If you have any further questions or concerns, please e-mail us at

[email protected] or call us at: 1-866-593-2540. Our

office hours are Monday through Saturday 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM and Sunday

11:00 AM to 7:00 PM.



Sincerely,



Peggy Fisher

Internet Customer Service

Bloomingdales.com Customer Service



http://www.bloomingdales.com

Basically, they said, screw you. If ppl want fur, we will continue to buy and supply. I applaud you for writing to them though.
kyliemc is offline  
#29 Old 02-24-2006, 02:02 AM
Veggie Regular
 
kyliemc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by SavedbytheBlood View Post

So you guys are gonna ask these businesses to stop selling fur. Oh ok. I didn't know why you guys had these businesses listed. Let me know if I works.

Reason for the rudeness? I myself didn't see any. Anything helps, unless we personally go untrap animals, bomb the furriers and go to Asia to round up the bad guys who (among the rest of the nations) kill fur-bearing animals. I see your point, but why be rude? I'm not trying to be hateful but I'm just curious. People want to help. I ordered "Save the Seal" stamps this week, will it help, maybe, or maybe not but I can only hope and try to help.
kyliemc is offline  
#30 Old 02-24-2006, 04:16 AM
Veggie Regular
 
snownose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,009
Thanks kyliemc. I am continuing to email various stores, I think it will eventually work if they get enough emails about fur.

I checked Bloomingdales site, and the range of faux fur is really little compared to the real stuff. They should have every fur garment available in both real and faux.
snownose is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in


Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off