VeggieBoards banner

Tell Ben & Jerry's You Want Non-Dairy Ice Cream Options

3K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  runnerveggie 
#1 ·
#7 ·
This thread reminds me... I was looking for Ben & Jerry's non-dairy some time ago, didn't find it, and I stopped looking. Time to take another peek in the freezers at my local supermarket...

ETA: Here's hoping you don't have to wait much longer, Werewolf Girl.

Reactions: Werewolf Girl
#8 ·
SCORE! The supermarket freezer had all 4 vegan flavors. I got Chocolate Fudge Brownie, but haven't tasted it yet- it's in my freezer. I think I'd like Chunky Monkey too...

The stuff is only 50 cents more expensive than their milk version. Understandable; it's made from almond milk and nuts are generally kind of expensive.

#10 ·
#13 ·
I tried some of the Ben & Jerry's non-dairy Chocolate Fudge Brownie ice cream this week. (I still have most of it in my freezer.) It tasted just like a good, rich chocolate ice cream; flavor and texture were completely convincing. Maybe there are some dairy-ice-cream lovers out there who would find it unfulfilling, but I was completely satisfied! (I was expecting it to have chunks of fudge brownie in it for some reason, but it doesn't.)

Next on my shopping list, after I'm done with the chocolate: Chunky Monkey. Or maybe that vegan Cherry Garcia or Coconut 7-layer bar Purp mentioned above... but I didn't see those in the freezer.

Reactions: Purp
#14 ·
I was very happy that it didn't have chunks in it! I'm not a fan of brownie chunks in ice cream, and really, brownies made with eggs are something I miss. I've had loads of ok vegan brownies, but, they're vegan brownies. Like I've lots of great chocolate chip cookies and some have been vegan, cause they're the same either way. Brownies are not

Anyway, I love the Ben & Jerrys coffee one! That's my favorite ice cream, dairy or not. I think it's the first vegan ice cream Ive liked enough to get again.
I'm lucky to have Pierres dark chocolate sorbet in my area. It's totally dairy, and non dairy milk free. Just a dark chocolate, like a tub of fudgesicle!

I'm looking forward to Breyers. I hope they don't jack up the price

#15 ·
The chocolate fudge brownie does have brownie chunks in it, and the brownie chunks are really good.

I am so excited to hear about the new flavors. I buy a pint of the peanut butter and cookies almost every time I go grocery shopping. Would love to see a vegan version of Half Baked or Cinnamon Buns, too.

#18 ·
I stand corrected! I did notice some brownie material in it, but in my batch, it wasn't really in noticeable chunks. I hope you enjoyed it if you tried it, Silva.

Anyway, I finished mine last night.

Reactions: Purp
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.