The Greatest Circus Protest On Earth - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-04-2011, 11:29 PM

July 20, 2011 from 4:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
\t
Staples Center Los Angeles, California.

From a Facebook event description:

Join in *The Greatest Circus Protest On Earth* on the opening night of the Ringling Brothers Circus July 20th, 6pm at the Los Angeles Staples Center.

Join us in protesting the cruel use of animals in the circus, where they are brutally treated in the name of 'training' to perform unnatural tricks, chained and confined to small cages and pens, and trucked around the country for months on end. Ringling Bros. Circus has repeatedly failed to meet minimal federal animal welfare standards for the care of animals used in exhibition.

Plan now to protest the Cruelest Show on Earth! Other protests to follow in Ontario and Anaheim.

Last year we had over 200 people there to unwelcome Ringling Bros.! Let's double it this year! Mark your calendar! Be there! Be a part of history!

If anyone wants more info, I can provide an email address if requested.

"As long as there are slaughterhouses, there will be battlefields." -Leo Tolstoy
"The fate of animals is of greater importance to me than the fear of appearing ridiculous; it is indissolubly connected with the fate of men." - Emile Zola
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-05-2011, 01:50 PM

Link to the Facebook page?
#3 Old 07-05-2011, 01:53 PM

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!...15258671852321

"As long as there are slaughterhouses, there will be battlefields." -Leo Tolstoy
"The fate of animals is of greater importance to me than the fear of appearing ridiculous; it is indissolubly connected with the fate of men." - Emile Zola
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 07-07-2011, 02:51 PM
Veggie Regular

If I wasn't 2,000 miles away, I'd be there.
#5 Old 07-07-2011, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spang View Post

If I wasn't 2,000 miles away, I'd be there.

You can be with us in spirit!

#6 Old 07-08-2011, 09:50 AM
Veggie Regular

Well, good luck. All animal suffering matters.

Of course, circus animals account for less than .05% of all animals being abused on earth, with over 99% being raised for food, so that's where I personally choose to expend what little efforts I put into my activism. Turning one person vegetarian is IMO an incredibly more cost and time efficient way to save tons of animals from misery, but that doesn't mean people shouldn't care about other animals too.

Tam! RUGH!
#7 Old 07-08-2011, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh James xVx View Post

Well, good luck. All animal suffering matters.

Of course, circus animals account for less than .05% of all animals being abused on earth, with over 99% being raised for food, so that's where I personally choose to expend what little efforts I put into my activism. Turning one person vegetarian is IMO an incredibly more cost and time efficient way to save tons of animals from misery, but that doesn't mean people shouldn't care about other animals too.

I agree, but any way we can raise awareness is a good thing, in my opinion. You can't go wrong with knocking someone's socks off with kickass vegan food or making them curious/educating them into going the compassionate route. I will agree with you there, too.

#8 Old 07-21-2011, 11:50 AM
Veggie Regular

How was the protest? Also I have not been to this type of circus since 94 and I never been to another one since. I went to this one more long the lines that the United Center in Chicago just opened and I wanted to go see it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page