$4000 or death - Page 6 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
#151 Old 02-28-2004, 05:40 PM
Veggie Regular
 
JLRodgers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 4,819
I get it fine... you don't want to be like the rest of the old people and get dentures because you feel like you deserve more than that. Since you can not be in pain and chew with dentures and that's all you want, that argument is void. You might want that... but that's not why you want your procedure. So you sit here, complaining about how much pain you're in and how you can't do anything, and making compariasoin about having an arm cut off, to try and guilt people into giving you money.



Yet, in reality, we have no proof that your teeth hurt. We don't have any medical documents (since the dentist can't hand them out), no photos of the xrays (most procedures are now stored digitally and burnt to CD on request). No medical records... Most of us don't even know your real name... so even if they wanted to give you money, they really couldn't. They can't send money to a dentist for "a possible procedure that may or may not be done on a soilman, please reimburse us if it's not done"



Are you saying that people that get dentures are psychotic, homeless, etc?!?

Quote:
I want "standard of care for middle-class people" teeth -- even less. what I am objecting to is "standard of care for psychotic people" teeth, or homeless people teeth, or other social outcast teeth.

JLRodgers is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#152 Old 02-28-2004, 05:46 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 10,763
JLR, my real name is posted in this thread.



There is not always a way to prove pain, as nerve damage usually cannot be visualized on medical imaging devices, or shown with chemical tests. The best I could do is prove that my nerve ending are abnormally near the occlusal surfaces of my teeth, and that my gums are bleeding due to ill-fitting caps. I have a feeling that even if I could prove my pain beyond any doubt, you still wouldn't want any part of helping me pay for treatment. But if anyone wants to hear testimony from my dentist regarding his professional judgement as to how much pain I have, I will do the best I can to figure out how to allow you to contact him.



Legalities and culturalities like this are obviosly not my area of expertise. My interest is in technical stuff, not what legal forms to use for what. I find the latter much harder to learn than the former. I also enjoy technical stuff but find legal-form stuff to be nightmare-ish.



Since you are not dentists, x-rays may not mean much to you. There seems to be no point in showing x-rays that show my nerves being too near the surface, if you are not a dentist who can interpret them. Wouldn't a written letter from a bonafide dentist be sufficient?



It seems perfectly reasonable to try and supply people with documentation of my dental condition, and neuropathic facial pain which is exacerbated by the dental condition, if I am going to ask them to help me financially. My neurologist agrees that because i have the nerve damage to my face, the pain from the teeth, which would be moderate pain in someone else, makes my facial pain and dental pain combination worse. The 2 pains are synergistic. I don't need financial help with the facial pain as medicaid and medicare are already paying for excellent treatment for the facial pain.



yes if anyone want to see documentation from my neurologist and dentist i would be glad to do my best to get them sent to you.
soilman is offline  
#153 Old 02-28-2004, 06:01 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 10,763
Incidentally, the small mouth irritatins that dentures cause, are generally just that, small irriations, in most people. But in people with spheno-palatine ganglion pain, the small irritations can trigger the sphenopalatine ganglion pain, causing "status-migrainus" instead of occaisional migraines. Medicaid doesn't seem to buy this scenario, even tho my neurologist, one of the best in the business, is convinced it is the case. Unfortunately he cannot help me with my teeth. I have to have that done by a dentist.
soilman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#154 Old 02-28-2004, 06:11 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 10,763
" like the rest of the old people and get dentures because "



In some societies where people ate too much cooked starches, and before modern advances in dental care, dentures were the norm in people over 65. These days, dentures are much less necessary. But insurance companies, and cultural values, have not kept up with advances in dentistry, and improvement in diet. It is about time that we expected old people to keep most all their teeth -- which happens to be the case, acc to what I understand, in some societies. I can tell you that nobody in my family had dentures. My maternal grandfather died at 65 from a heart attack with all his teeth. Fraternal grandfather at 99, with all this teeth. And this was before modern advances in dentistry that make this more likely nowadays, if they want it, for people with middle-class incomes.
soilman is offline  
#155 Old 02-28-2004, 09:29 PM
Newbie
 
lizzybean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 39
take a bus instead of a plane to mexico and that will be way cheaper too. by the way, you should call the mexican dentist i listed earlier and see for yourself how cheap his work is. everyone here loves his work and he does all major work.
lizzybean is offline  
#156 Old 02-28-2004, 10:18 PM
Veggie Regular
 
bethanie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 4,914
Quote:
Originally Posted by soilman View Post

Bethanie, personal happiness is not my primary goal in life. My goal is to help people, to try and do good works, to try and make the world a better place for everyone. I do believe that the key to people getting along with each, ending war, living in peace with each other, and being happy, is to seek truth, and to try and distribute wealth and happiness more fairly and equitably, rather than to directly seek personal happiness for oneself. I believe that seeking personal happiness by ignoring truth, is "bad karma." You may be happy at first, but you are likely to make someone else unhappy, in the process. And karma does not always resolve right away. It may come back to harm you years later -- when a seemingly random act causing you harm, comes your way.



I believe we are all in this together. And looking out for yourself later, requires looking out for others now, even if you don't have to now, to secure your own happiness.



Personal happiness is also not my primary goal in life either soilman. Making a difference is (however I can in my own small way). I just recognize that for me to make a difference, I need to be functioning. And to be functioning, it is not possible at least for me, to know everything...all the horror and terror and violence the world has to offer, and still be able to put my pants on in the morning. So I make a choice to make the daily dent I can (in the lives of myself, my daughter, my community and at the gradeschool where I work), and then go to sleep at night feeling I've done something positive in a way it is possible for me to do so...and not to worry about all the problems I cannot fix.



Does that make sense? Sometimes I believe very simply that we have WAY too much information at our fingertips for our own good. And that the human psyche was never meant to handle so much...we're not actually meant to carry the world on our shoulders, just to do our part.



Hope you make it to Mexico.



B
bethanie is offline  
#157 Old 02-29-2004, 01:49 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 10,763
Lizzybean, I don't think bus fare is way cheaper than air fare. I'd have to check. That's what I thought would be the case to get to Toronto for hernia surgery -- until I actually checked.



I found the spread sheet for my trip to Toronto for hernia surgery. I did a precise cost comparison of alternate ways to get from where I live to Toronto and back, for hernia surgery. Seems the cost of transportation by plane, including cheapest transporation to and from the airport at each end was roughly $330; cost by all public transportation including Amtrak, was roughtly $299. Plus with the air trip I would have had to arrive a day early and stay in a hotel for the first night, at at least $40 -- making the cost of taking a public trans actually MORE than the cost of taking a plane. Wasn't able to find a bus route all the way, but typically train transporation is about the same cost as bus transporation, isn't it? I can't say for sure.



This doesn't take into account meals. By taking public trans I would have had to add in the cost of 2 restaurant restaurant meals in each direction, because the trip covered about 2 or 3 meals worth of time, in each direction, (assuming I brought 1 meal with me from home). That also would involve lots of struggle finding vegan food in a strange place on short notice. It would also mean I would not be able to bring enough clothes for a week's stay in the hospital in Toronto (they want you to bring your own clothes rather than wear hospital clothes), since using all-public trans, I would only be able to bring the baggage I could carry, for the bus and subway trips to and from Amtrak. If I were to take shuttle-vans to and from Amtrak stations, it would bring the cost up to the same as air-fare.



That is because the cost of air-fare from Manhatten to Toronto airport and back was $180. The cost of train fare from Manhatten to Amtrak rail station in Toronto, and back, was $169. Just $11 less. Is $11 cheaper "way" cheaper?



The trip by public trans, one way, was a total of more than 17 hours, including trips to and from Amtrak stations, and including customs checks. Trip by plane, one way, was a total of 6 hours, including trips to and from the airports, waiting at the airport for baggage checks, and customs checks.



I'm going to attach the spreadsheet. Just change the txt extension back to xls, before trying to read it with Excel.



Also note that, in the "train costs" section I am listing a taxi from shirley to Patchogue, because there is no bus at those hours. There is only 1 (Amtrak) train per day from NYC to Toronto, so I had no choice as to hours, if taking Amtrak. There are about 10 airplane trips scheduled per day from NYC to Toronto! Probably more, but I'm just not aware of all of them.



I am listing a taxi for both the train and plane sections, in Toronto, as I am unfamiliar with Toronto public trans, and would not have been able to get to the hospital in time for my appointment, if I had to take public trans at the last leg of my trip there. Train station is further away from hospital than airport, but taxi fares are listed at dif amts because I called taxi companyh at diff times and got sligthly diff estimates.



Note the biggie: Amtrak is $169 and takes 14 hours; airplane is $180 takes 1.5 hours.



The attached spreadsheet is not including the motel expenses I would have, if I took Amtrak. That would bring the amtrak-public transportation trip up to 339 -- more than the trip by plane. Nor is it including the increased food expenses I would have.



I don't want to give the hospital costs for Shouldice publicly but I will give them in an email. But put it this way: 2 hernia repairs at Shouldice costs much much less, including a week of hospitalization, than 2 hernia repairs in the US, where they send you home 2 hours after the operation, -- which is indespensible if you don't like pain, because they can fix any painful, but non life-threatening complications promptly.



Actually, 2 hernia repairs at Shouldice cost less that 1 hernia repair in the US.



If this were about money, my insurance would have paid for hernia surgery in Shouldice -- it costs much less. This is more evidence to me that giving you inferior treatment may be more about punishing people for being poor or disabled, than about saving money for the insurance company, the ostensible reason. You get only the inferior treament paid for by the insurance company -- even if they have to pay more for the privelege of giving you inferior treatment.



Don't forget: Just change the txt extension back to xls, before trying to read the spreadsheet with Excel.
soilman is offline  
#158 Old 02-29-2004, 02:40 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 10,763
Lizzybean, I don't think bus fare is way cheapr than air fare. I'd have to check.



I found the spread sheet for my trip to Toronto for hernia surgery. I did a precise cost comparison of alternate ways to get from where I live to Toronto and back, for hernia surgery. Seems cost of transportation by plane, including cheapest transporation to and from the airport at each end was roughtly $330; cost by all public transportation including Amtrak, was roughtly $299. Plus with the air trip I would have had to arrive a day early and stay in a hotel for the first night, at at least $40 -- making the cost of taking a public trans actually MORE than the cost of taking a plane. Wasn't able to find a bus route all the way, but typically train transporation is about the same cost as bus transporation, isn't it?



This doesn't take into account meals. By taking public trans I would have had to add in the cost of 2 restaurant restaurant meals in each direction, because the trip covered about 2 or 3 meals worth of time, in each direction, (assuming I brought 1 meal with me from home). That also would involve lots of struggle finding vegan food in a strange place on short notice. It would also mean I would not be able to bring enough clothes for a weeks stay in the hospital in Toronto (they want you to bring your own clothes rather than wear hospital clothes), since using all-public trans, I would only be able to bring the baggage I could carry, for the bus and subway trips to and from Amtrak. If I were to take shuttle-vans to and from Amtrak stations, it would bring the cost up to the same as air-fare.



That is because the cost of air-fare from Manhatten to Toronto airport was $and back was $180. The cost of bus fare from Manhatten to amtrak rail station in Toronto was $169.



Trip by public trans, one way, was a total of more than 17 hours. Trip by plane, one way, was a total of 6 hours, including waits at the airport for baggage checks, and customs checks.



I'm going to attach the spreadsheet. Just change the txt extension back to xls, before trying to read it with Excel.



also note that, in the "train costs" section I am listing a taxi from shirley to Patchogue, because there is no bus at those hours. There is only 1 (Amtrak) train per day from NYC to Toronto, so I had no choice as to hours, if taking Amtrak. There are about 10 airplane trips scheduled per day from NYC to Toronto! Probably more, but I'm just not aware of all of them.



I am listing a taxi for both the train and plane sections, in Toronto, as I am unfamiliear with Toronto public trans, and would not have been able to get to the hospital in time for my appointment, if I had to take public trans at the last leg of my trip there. Train station is further away from hospital than airport, but taxi fares are listed at dif amts because I called taxi companyh at diff times and got sligthly diff estimates.



Note the biggie: Amtrak is $169 takes 14 hours; airplane is $180 takes 1.5 hours.



The attached spreadsheet is not including the motel expensive I would have, if I took Amtrak. That would bring the amtrak-public transportation trip up to 339 -- more than the trip by plane. Nor is it including the increased food expenses I would have.



I don't want to give the hospital costs for Shouldice publicly but I will give them in an email. 2 hernia repairs at Shouldice costs much much less, including a week of hospitalization, than 2 hernia repairs in the US, where they send you home 2 hours after the operation, -- which is indespensible if you don't like pain, because they can fix any painful, but non life-threatening complications promptly.



Actually, 2 hernia repairs at Shouldice cost less that 1 hernia repair in the US.



If this were about money, my insurance would have paid for hernia surgery in Shouldice -- it costs much less. This is more evidence to me that giving you inferior treatment may be more about punishing people for being poor or disabled, than about saving mone for the insurance company, the ostensible reason. You get only the inferior treament paid for by the insurance company -- even if they have to pay more for the privelege of giving you inferior treatment.
soilman is offline  
#159 Old 02-29-2004, 02:56 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 10,763
I don't know why the above message came thru twice!!!
soilman is offline  
#160 Old 02-29-2004, 10:29 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 10,763
Lizzybean, thank you, yes, I've made a note of the dentist you recommended. After I get an estimate from my local dentist, and a treatment plan, I will send off the treatment plan to your dentist, and several others, to compare estimates.
soilman is offline  
#161 Old 02-29-2004, 10:54 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 10,763
Unfortunately, I can't make the time to write a reply to everyone who makes a suggestion, or with whom I want to argue a point. If you made a suggestion, and I didn't reply to it, please note that I did read it if it was here.



Squirl writes "Can you make payments on the $4,000? Get what you want/need and pay for it bit by bit?'



This is probably out of the question, if I have it done in Mexico, as they would have no recourse if I didn't make payments they expected. If I have it done in the US, it is more likely, but still unlikely, since I have bad credit -- unless I can get a cosigner or something, to the agreement. It may be that even tho the total cost of Mexican work is a lot less, that the upfront cost would be more. This is a relevant point to consider.



Please note that I can't report all aspects of my financial situation publicly, but will be willing to discuss details in private email messages.
soilman is offline  
#162 Old 03-01-2004, 12:10 PM
Newbie
 
Jags's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 64
My father, stepmother, and grandmother all have dentures, and they can eat anything that i can eat. They probably don't bite into an apple, but they can cut the apple up and eat it. My dad practically lives off nuts. They eat sandwiches, pizza, steak (which is gross, but hard to chew, and thats my point), fresh fruits and veggies. They never eat "overcooked, mushy foods" because of their dentures. They aren't missing any nutrients in their diets, and never ever miss out on foods because they have dentures. I understand you don't want dentures, but i just wanted to mention to everyone else that they are not as evil as you claim them to be, so others shouldn't put them out of the question.
Jags is offline  
#163 Old 03-01-2004, 12:23 PM
Newbie
 
GhostUser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SL1031 View Post

I know this is a support forum..and I know that the subject in question (soilman) is a person that I do not know...and most of you who have been around longer do know...so, I just hope all goes well with him. I think the problem is much bigger than just his teeth...seems like some other issues are going on there.



I just have to sit back and have a little chuckle about the drama that is insuing on this board. Why don't you stop griping about it and get something done?



You, soilman, are getting what you want...however...you are getting attention and I bet that is making you feel all nice and warm and fuzzy inside...so, I am happy for you.



It's never ever a good thing to laugh (or chuckle) at others misfortune. It comes from a dark place within and really puts your karma in a bad place. This will come back to haunt you some day.



Soilman, I wish you the best of luck although that doesn't really do any good to help you.



What about emergency medical coverage from Welfare?
GhostUser is offline  
#164 Old 03-01-2004, 12:53 PM
Newbie
 
GhostUser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 0
Here's a link to Medicaid's fact sheet. Per the link, 'nearly a quarter of Medicaid eligible adults do not know that dental care is provided through Medicaid.'



I'm sure you qualify for Medicaid, no? Medicaid must provide coverage for emergency dental care in your state (I checked). Have you spoken to your case worker about this problem?



Call the New York State Dental Association for more information. Their number is 1-800-255-2100. Explain to them the severity of your situation and ask for suggested solutions. It's a start.



I hope I've helped.
GhostUser is offline  
#165 Old 03-02-2004, 12:01 AM
Veggie Regular
 
brownieB26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRuthieB View Post

It's never ever a good thing to laugh (or chuckle) at others misfortune. It comes from a dark place within and really puts your karma in a bad place. This will come back to haunt you some day.



I won't put words in her mouth, but I think SL was not laughing at soilman's condition, but literally, as she puts it, the drama surrounding this thread. It may still be wrong but I'd like to think noone would laugh at someone else's pain.



I have wanted to stay out of this discussion but soilman, I must urge you to take the advice of others on this board. If you cannot afford what you want, settle for dentures, or a less costly procedure. I hate to see you putting yourself in pain when it is preventable. I think my words are falling on deaf ears, however, so whatever you do, I wish you the best of luck.
brownieB26 is offline  
#166 Old 03-02-2004, 07:17 AM
Newbie
 
GhostUser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 0
No, SL wasn't necessarily laughing. I believe it was more of a chuckle.
GhostUser is offline  
#167 Old 03-02-2004, 09:15 PM
Newbie
 
ChristyDotCalm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 77
This thread has become weird!



At first, I believe Soilman. Now, something is a little off!



If you are need of medical attention, you go and get it! That is

what I pay taxes for. For people who NEED it ... like yourself.



I was also going to offer to go with you, if you need a companion,

since we both live on the island.



MAKE A CHOICE SOON ... IF YOU ARE REALLY DYING!!!!!



And I am in no way making fun of you ... something just doesn't

seem right.



My Mom died in Jan. 2003 of cervical cancer, and she knew she

was going to die. Toward the end, she was unable to do much

... let alone type on a board.



I really don't know what to think anymore about this thread?



- How will we know when you "pass-away"? Will you son make a post?
ChristyDotCalm is offline  
#168 Old 03-02-2004, 09:41 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 10,763
I'm going to give a simple answer because I don't feel well enough to write out a complete answer. The system doesn't work the way the things that are written about how it works, imply that it works. The system is corrupt. Your tax dollars are used to make the rich richer, and diverted from getting to those that need them. MRB please read my earlier messages about Medicaid.
soilman is offline  
#169 Old 03-02-2004, 10:10 PM
 
IamJen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 19,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by soilman View Post

I'm going to give a simple answer because I don't feel well enough to write out a complete answer. The system doesn't work the way the things that are written about how it works, imply that it works. The system is corrupt. Your tax dollars are used to make the rich richer, and diverted from getting to those that need them. MRB please read my earlier messages about Medicaid.



Soilman - I've worked for many years with social service agencies, and while the government does bungle many many things - *some* of our tax dollars are funded into great programs. Medicaid is a pain in the ***, however nearly every community has dental clinics that will treat on a sliding scale based on income.



Feel free to send me an email - I'd be happy to do some Dr. hunting/advocating for you. Being in pain sucks.



Jennifer

[email protected]

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
IamJen is offline  
#170 Old 03-02-2004, 10:31 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 10,763
IamJen: "however nearly every community has dental clinics that will treat on a sliding scale based on income."



There doesn't appear to be any such dental clinic near me. The only dental clinic is th local dental school, and they say they charge a fixed rate for procedures that are roughly 85% if what average local dentists charge. So maybe I could get my work done there for $3400 instead of $4000. I don't want to discuss my dentist's fees service by service publicly. but I think he'd be willing to give me a deal where I wouldn't save much by going to the dental school.
soilman is offline  
#171 Old 03-03-2004, 06:18 AM
Newbie
 
GhostUser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 0
I really wish I could help you. I'm all too familiar with Medicaid due to dealing with it through both my parents. Did you call the NY State Dental Association? What did they have to say?
GhostUser is offline  
#172 Old 03-03-2004, 08:50 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 10,763
NYS dental assoc said they could refer me to a dentist in my area. I'd have to call to see what insurance they took.
soilman is offline  
#173 Old 03-03-2004, 08:52 PM
Veggie Regular
 
rainbowmoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 4,204
Can you take a painkiller in order to earn income to afford the surgery? If you worked for a few months, you'd probably have the money to afford the procedure, especially if you were able to find someone to do it for a reduced fee.

I'm sorry I don't have a better suggestion...I don't know anything about government health care options, actually. I am just going to urge you to let them fix your teeth in whatever way possible. Its certainly your choice, but I can't understand someone choosing death over dentures.

((hug))

lovenlight,

Linz
rainbowmoon is offline  
#174 Old 03-03-2004, 11:44 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 10,763
I'm not kidding. I really think I am going to die soon. I am to feeble to help myself. I can't get anyone else to help me. If I call an ambulance they will take me to the hospital, but the hospital will find nothing wrong with me and send me home -- that is what they did last time. My stomach isn't working right even tho I'm taking Nexium. I feel nauseous. My teeth hurt like hell. I'm not getting nutrition. I'm losing weight. I have a cough. The cough is keeping me awake.



Don't bothering calling any "authorities." They won't do anything. Again; I refuse to kill myself. I will not kill myself. I'm just sick, and I think I'm dying; due to fatigue, and neglect.
soilman is offline  
#175 Old 03-03-2004, 11:57 PM
Veggie Regular
 
chiaraluna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 3,704
I truly wish that there were something I could do to help you, soilman.
chiaraluna is offline  
#176 Old 03-04-2004, 12:02 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 10,763
I'm too weak to take the bus to get to doctors. I can't afford to take a taxi to get to doctors. I already applied for transportation aid to get to doctors, twice, and did not get it. If I take a taxi I to dcctors won't have money for my rent and will have no place to live within 30 days.
soilman is offline  
#177 Old 03-04-2004, 12:16 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 10,763
I don't think I should have taken that Vioxx sample that I had hanging around. It helped the teeth pain a little, but it totally effed up my stomach. It lasts 24 hours so there is nothing I can do for 24 hours.



You're stuck with me for awhile now because the cough gets worse when I lie down and trie to sleep.
soilman is offline  
#178 Old 03-04-2004, 12:27 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 10,763
It hurts, sort of, to breathe. It feels like I am not getting enough oxygen. I'm wondering if I have pneumonia, or emphasyma, or something. I've never had a cough like this before. This hospital will just discharge me and it will cost me $20 taxi fare to get home so there is no point in me going to the hospital. Plus that place is always drafty and freezing.
soilman is offline  
#179 Old 03-04-2004, 10:58 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Jessica's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 1,467
Quote:
Originally Posted by soilman View Post

It hurts, sort of, to breathe. It feels like I am not getting enough oxygen. I'm wondering if I have pneumonia, or emphasyma, or something. I've never had a cough like this before. This hospital will just discharge me and it will cost me $20 taxi fare to get home so there is no point in me going to the hospital. Plus that place is always drafty and freezing.



Soilman, if you're really feeling as bad as you say then there is quite obviously something wrong with you and I can't believe that a hospital is going to turn you away and say there's nothing wrong.



Call an ambulance and have them take you in. No-one can help you if you won't help yourself.
Jessica is offline  
#180 Old 03-04-2004, 11:25 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 10,763
Jessica writes "I can't believe that a hospital is going to turn you away and say there's nothing wrong."



And I can't believe how naive your are.



Read my prev message abt how they dealt with my ulcers.



A friend of mine went there complaining of severe head pain. They told her she proably had PMS and sent her home. Turns out she was having a small stroke but they missed the clues. Now she has major damage to an entire cerebral hemisphere, after having a major stroke a few days later, because they didn't giving her appropriate treatment which could have prevented the major stroke or minimised its effects.



With my ulcers, they didn't say "there is nothing wrong." They said that they had no idea what was wrong, but whatever it was, it didn't seem to be an emergency any more, after they gave me intravenous rehydration to treat the dehydration they said I had, and a pill to combat nausea. They implied that if I didn't drink so much, I wouldn't have gotten so dehydrarted. I don't drink a drop.
soilman is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in


Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off