anyone wear contacts and have dry eyes? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-12-2009, 05:59 PM
Veggie Regular

So I really want to wear contacts because I get bored of glasses and mine are scratched. I used to wear contacts alot but gave up because of annoyances.

I am thinking of trying the daily disposable lenses but have also thought of trying the proclear brand. I have been using acuvue but they suck for me. Has anyone ever tried proclear or any other brand and had good luck?

I was thinking about the dailies because I have four cats and I constantly wind up with a hair on the rim of the contact and find it half way through the day and that is cruddy and not good for my eyes. If I just threw them away that would eliminate having to worry if a cat hair found its way into the contact case.

I have dry eyes, and allergies and all that jazz.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-12-2009, 07:40 PM
Veggie Regular

I use acuvue. My eyes get dry after about 12 hours of wear, but I deal with it. I can't see as well with glasses so...

What's this about cat hair? Can't you take out the contact, clean it, and put it back in?

Or is it a daily thing that they just get tossed no matter what?

I keep mine in for a month at a time, if I remember to change them out on time.
#3 Old 02-12-2009, 07:46 PM
Veggie Regular

when i wear contacts, i wear the accuvue daily lenses. i don't do it daily, as my eyes are also dry and sensitive. i think they're the "wet" type; haven't looked at the box recently. they are the only kind i can wear, as i've had trouble with all types that are not disposable.

"Somewhere along the way, someone is going to tell you, 'There is no "I" in team.' What you should tell them is, 'Maybe not. But there is an "I" in independence, individuality and integrity." Â George Carlin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 02-12-2009, 09:17 PM
Veggie Regular

the cat hair thing is pretty much a daily thing. they all are allowed anywhere . they drink out of the sink, get up there when I am trying to put the things in... so yeah. I wasted quite a few dollars on the bi-weekly type of acuvue. I think Im going to try the disposable type an see what happens.

I try cleaning the lenses but then I think they are clean when they really arent. The cat hair gets on the very top pretty invisible to me. I wash my hands before , try to make sure the counter is clean and all of that stuff and still have issues.
#5 Old 02-12-2009, 10:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstadt View Post

I use acuvue. My eyes get dry after about 12 hours of wear, but I deal with it. I can't see as well with glasses so...

What's this about cat hair? Can't you take out the contact, clean it, and put it back in?

Or is it a daily thing that they just get tossed no matter what?

I keep mine in for a month at a time, if I remember to change them out on time.

with the month long lenses, do you keep them in when you sleep? i wonder what it would be like to wake up and be able to see things on the other side of the room!

"Somewhere along the way, someone is going to tell you, 'There is no "I" in team.' What you should tell them is, 'Maybe not. But there is an "I" in independence, individuality and integrity." Â George Carlin
#6 Old 02-13-2009, 05:34 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veggily View Post

with the month long lenses, do you keep them in when you sleep? i wonder what it would be like to wake up and be able to see things on the other side of the room!

haha.. i have actually been thinking that same thing. I was going to do it last night but my eyes would only tolerate the contacts for a couple of hours.
#7 Old 02-13-2009, 08:38 AM
Veggie Regular

I have Focus Night & Days. They're monthy disposables. I don't have dry eye problems, but they're really good at staying moist, hence the reason you can wear them for a month continuously. My brother uses then too and he used to need special contacts because he didn't blink enough to keep them moist, but he does fine with these.

Do you go to an ophthalmologist or just a lens crafters type place? If you don't see an ophthalmologist I recommend going to see one and getting a recommendation from them for what contacts would be best for your particular needs.

http://megatarian.blogspot.com
#8 Old 02-14-2009, 06:15 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabid_child View Post

I have Focus Night & Days. They're monthy disposables. I don't have dry eye problems, but they're really good at staying moist, hence the reason you can wear them for a month continuously. My brother uses then too and he used to need special contacts because he didn't blink enough to keep them moist, but he does fine with these.

Do you go to an ophthalmologist or just a lens crafters type place? If you don't see an ophthalmologist I recommend going to see one and getting a recommendation from them for what contacts would be best for your particular needs.

I have gone to an eye doctor that has a place in wal-mart but I like him and he is pretty nice. I have also gone to specs vision center. (they suck and are overpriced) and I am going to Americas best today . I have never been to have an exam there. I havent had an eye exam in almost two years. I am going to americas best cause my hubby realllly needs new glasses and it is just easier if we both get exams there.

I have tried the acuvue oasys with hydraclear and in all honesty I didnt think they were as comfortable as the weekly acuvue. Im still not sure what type to ask for. I guess I will tell the doc about my dry eyes and the cat hair issue and see if they can reccomend a type of cleaning solution that will work better than what I have used. I def dont want any type of basuch & lomb. (dont know if I spelled the right)
#9 Old 02-14-2009, 06:36 AM
Veggie Regular

I use disposables.

I never get dry eyes but there have been many times where i've got irritations from them.
#10 Old 02-14-2009, 07:27 AM
Veggie Regular

do you use daily disposables aussie shane?
#11 Old 02-15-2009, 07:35 AM
Veggie Regular

okay so I got a precription for the acuvue daily disposable kind. I hope I like them. Last night I was put in the old contacts I have left over ( I just opened them a couple days ago) and I was slightly amused at the fact that they didnt bother me too much like they had before. I won't have the new contacts until a few days from now. They had to be ordered cause they don't keep those in stock.
#12 Old 02-15-2009, 09:13 AM
Veggie Regular

Try different styles.
#13 Old 02-15-2009, 09:25 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veggily View Post

I can't keep them in while I sleep, though I've accidently fallen asleep for too long and woken up with them still in. They hurt, my eyes are red, and I can't ever see anyway because they're blurry. Plus, they're really hard to get out after that because my eyes are so dry.

My dad never takes his out at night. Lucky.
#14 Old 02-19-2009, 03:09 PM
Veggie Regular

I just have the monthly acuvue oasis type of contacts. But...then again, I have astigmatism...so I can't really have the regular contacts.

What about eyedrops? Have you tried that?
#15 Old 02-19-2009, 03:47 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunVamp View Post

I just have the monthly acuvue oasis type of contacts. But...then again, I have astigmatism...so I can't really have the regular contacts.

Same here. I like them.
#16 Old 02-22-2009, 09:27 AM
Veggie Regular

I got the trial boxes Friday night and I absolutely love the contacts !!! I wore them for a good 6-7 hours yesterday and had no problems at all . YAY!! I am so excited. The contacts are also relatively thin and I feel like Im not even wearing anything in my eye!! YAYYYY!!!
#17 Old 02-22-2009, 09:28 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunVamp View Post

What about eyedrops? Have you tried that?

I got some blink ( I remember getting a free bottle the first time I got contacts) I will use them if I need to.
#18 Old 02-22-2009, 03:27 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dont_eat_bambi View Post

I got the trial boxes Friday night and I absolutely love the contacts !!! I wore them for a good 6-7 hours yesterday and had no problems at all . YAY!! I am so excited. The contacts are also relatively thin and I feel like Im not even wearing anything in my eye!! YAYYYY!!!

I'm glad you found ones you like. Contacts are so much better than glasses, imo.
#19 Old 02-23-2009, 03:54 PM
Veggie Regular

glasses are better for ones eyes but w/contacts you can do alot more without glasses getting in the way or falling off. Plus I feel so much more pretty with contacts cause I can do so much more with makeup when I dont have glasses covering up my face.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page