Low Magnesium and Migraines..... - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-08-2009, 04:26 PM
Veggie Regular

Ive found out that low magnesium may cause migraines..

Someone suggested that in a thread I started a while ago then I have read it and heard it on the radio...

Anyone else experienced this?

I started taking magnesium tablets and am hoping it will end my migraines once and for all...

Anyone used it and it worked?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-08-2009, 06:04 PM
Veggie Regular

Yes, definitely, its the reason I get them right after my period, if I don't take care to supplement before. Iron isn't the only mineral lost during menstruation.

www.thesaucyvegan.com
#3 Old 02-08-2009, 06:08 PM
Veggie Regular

Wow... thats great to hear... That it works...

Thanks..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 02-09-2009, 07:48 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGIHEAD View Post

Someone suggested that in a thread I started a while ago then I have read it and heard it on the radio...

I started taking magnesium tablets and am hoping it will end my migraines once and for all...

I posted about that in the thread!

Anyways, I'd like to know your results!!! Try upping your intake of foods naturally high in magnesium as well...good luck.

“May all sentient beings be free of pain and suffering.  May all sentient beings experience eternal joy and happiness.  gate gate pāragate pārasaṃgate bodhi svāhā.”
http://www.facebook.com/doktormartini
http://twitter.com/#!/MartyBaureis
http://doktormartini.tumblr.com

#5 Old 02-09-2009, 03:27 PM
Veggie Regular

Yeah ill let you know for sure..

Give ita month or so..

Thanks..
#6 Old 02-09-2009, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGIHEAD View Post

thanx for this info..much appreciated
#7 Old 02-09-2009, 05:47 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenni-anti-fur View Post

thanx for this info..much appreciated

No wories

Do you get migraines..?
#8 Old 02-10-2009, 11:12 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm interested to hear how it goes for you. My mom and sister get a lot of migraines, and are trying to figure out how to help them.
#9 Old 02-11-2009, 06:40 PM
Veggie Regular

Ill pop back in a month or so to let you all know..

Wish me luck..
#10 Old 02-11-2009, 07:38 PM
Veggie Regular

I get a lot of migraines. I also take a daily mag/cal supplement. I got a migraine today because a cold front came through. I'm starting to understand my triggers now. So far I've got weather changes, traveling long distances (could also be altitude change as I live in the mountains and travel down to sea level often), and too much sugar.
#11 Old 02-12-2009, 01:47 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DgyJff View Post

I get a lot of migraines. I also take a daily mag/cal supplement. I got a migraine today because a cold front came through. I'm starting to understand my triggers now. So far I've got weather changes, traveling long distances (could also be altitude change as I live in the mountains and travel down to sea level often), and too much sugar.

How long have you been on the supplements?

Do you think they have helped?

P.S.. I LOOOOOVE your avatar.. Gorgeous..
#12 Old 02-12-2009, 06:17 AM
Veggie Regular

I've been taking magnesium to help with my migraines. I've been getting them for about 14 years and have tried a variety of diet changes, activities, etc to help with it (at times it was up to every other day). I had tried multivitamins with magnesium but sometimes it made my migraines worse. I also tried certain herbs. Feverfew seemed to make the time between them longer, but made them so much more severe.

Back in September I found something called MigreLief. It has feverfew, magnesium, and riboflavin in it. It has helped. I think I've had a couple mild (for me) migraines since. I don't take it daily, but I did for about a month, and then I dropped down to when I feel one coming on or when I think about it (probably every few days).

So it seems to help.

I believe everything.
#13 Old 02-12-2009, 08:12 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogardsram View Post

Back in September I found something called MigreLief. It has feverfew, magnesium, and riboflavin in it. It has helped. I think I've had a couple mild (for me) migraines since. I don't take it daily, but I did for about a month, and then I dropped down to when I feel one coming on or when I think about it (probably every few days).

So it seems to help.

I've been taking Mag for about 3 months now. I haven't noticed that it hurts or helps really. I'm interested in this MigreLief though. Where did you buy it?
#14 Old 02-12-2009, 09:08 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I've been taking Mag for about 3 months now. I haven't noticed that it hurts or helps really. I'm interested in this MigreLief though. Where did you buy it?

The local Co-Op here.

http://www.quantumhealth.com/productgroups/migraine.asp

I believe everything.
#15 Old 02-12-2009, 08:35 PM
Veggie Regular

gracious it's expensive! I want to try it, but I'll have to wait a couple of months because money is tight right now.
#16 Old 02-13-2009, 08:39 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

gracious it's expensive! I want to try it, but I'll have to wait a couple of months because money is tight right now.

Yeah, I think it was $20 here (but I get a discount on top of that). It's for 60 tablets though and I figure, even if I take 1 a day (I don't, maybe every few days), it's only like $0.30 a day. I can live with that if it means I won't be getting the terrible headaches where I'm nauseous, sensitive to lights, sounds, and smells and I want to curl up in a small ball and die quickly.

I believe everything.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page