Why is it I almost never have visible bruising? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 01-16-2009, 11:21 AM
Veggie Regular

Yesterday I got into a minor car vs. bike accident (totally my fault - the pickup in front of me stopped suddenly and I was following too close and going too fast). I was on the bike, and I didn't fly over the handle bars but I did swing sideways off my seat and contact a truck tailgate with my shoulder, hard enough to dent and crease it.

I have lots of soreness and what feels like interior bruising, but no outside discoloration. I hardly ever have discoloration on the outside, in fact. It's not always true - earlier in the week I banged my knee on a rock, and there was a minor but widespread bruise. Is it a matter of having more padding on my shoulder and upper back than on my knee, or what?

Do some people just not bruise easily?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-16-2009, 12:13 PM
Banned

i think you're just really really hard. i bruise my shins from just looking at stuff the wrong way.
#3 Old 01-16-2009, 12:29 PM
Veggie Regular

If I bang something lightly, it will bruise right away. If I seriously hurt something, it takes longer for the bruising to show up.

You may find that the bruising will take a few days to appear, especially because you feel the pain is deeper. You probably ARE bruised and the discolouration just hasn't come to the surface, yet.

I know how you feel though, it's kinda frustrating when something hurts SO BAD and you don't even have a bruise to show for it!! I sprained my ankle really bad on New Years and it didn't get nearly as bruised as I *felt* like it should have gotten!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 01-16-2009, 12:30 PM
Veggie Regular

I know! No sympathy! Maybe I should cover myself in bandaids. THEN they'll feel sorry for me!
#5 Old 01-16-2009, 12:47 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassiel View Post

I know! No sympathy! Maybe I should cover myself in bandaids. THEN they'll feel sorry for me!

My knee is the only place that I bruise, and rarely at that. I have been tempted to do that myself haha. Just so everyone won't think that your a big 'ol wimp.
#6 Old 01-16-2009, 01:04 PM
Veggie Regular

You might be bionic.
#7 Old 01-16-2009, 02:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4rk0 View Post

You might be bionic.

I like this answer.
#8 Old 01-16-2009, 04:08 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm sorry about the accident!!

I'm the same way, I can't remember the last time I've been able to see a bruise.
#9 Old 01-16-2009, 05:23 PM
Veggie Regular

I have no idea, but you're lucky. I have bruises show up all the time and I have no idea where they came from. I look like my husband abuses me (but he doesn't )
#10 Old 01-19-2009, 04:05 PM
Beginner

If I really hit something hard, it takes ages for a bruise to show, or it doesn't appear at all. The rest of the time, I have loads of bruises and no idea what I did!
#11 Old 01-27-2009, 09:55 PM

I'm like you - I hardly ever bruise. Thing is, I'm super clumsy and ungraceful so I should be full of them... I guess my body finally realized that making bruises is just too much effort.
#12 Old 01-28-2009, 04:56 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodedclawjen View Post

i think you're just really really hard. i bruise my shins from just looking at stuff the wrong way.

same here.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page