Frequent urination - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 01-12-2009, 03:39 PM

Hi since I changed to moderate-vegetarian diet, I've been going more often(in terms of pissing). I eat meat and egg once in a while, but my diet is more composed on vegetable. Going to urinate 9 time per day is not normal right?

I m type 2 diabetic but my blood sugar level is always on control.

Is this because that the vegetables are diurectic? When I go with the normal diet, I don't piss this much but since I changed to moderate-veggy, I've been losing more weight but urinating more.

Anybody have similar experience to this? Please refrain using the phrase of "go to the doctor".

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-12-2009, 04:43 PM
Banned

it might perhaps be that the food you're eating has more water in it than it did before. fruit and veggies do have a lot of juices inside them. are you eating loads of soups and stews? barley is a diuretic too.

or it could be something entirely unrelated- like your prostate, or a medicine you're taking having a diuretic affect, or a urinary tract infection, etc etc etc.

things to consider include: are you producing more urine when you do urinate, or do you just feel the need to do so more frequently? are you in any pain? are you getting up more than usual in the night, as well?

i'm not going to say 'go to the doctor'. but i will say that there aren't very many medical professionals who post here frequently, and regardless of how skilled the ones who do post are, taking medical advice from strangers on the internet isn't a great plan.
#3 Old 01-12-2009, 05:01 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunodog View Post

Going to urinate 9 time per day is not normal right?

I often have to pee more often than that in a day, and I'm perfectly normal. Are you sure you were properly hydrated before?

I think you should consider the question that HoodedClawJen posed, as different answers to these can point to different conditions. Personally, I wouldn't worry too much, unless you also have pain, or blood in the urine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 01-12-2009, 05:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazikeen View Post

I often have to pee more often than that in a day, and I'm perfectly normal.

sometimes it feels like i go for a wee a bajillion times a day. i guess if i drink 8 or 10 or so cups of water a day- plus eat soups, cereal with milk, salads, fruit, veggies, sorbet/soya-icecream, etc- it has to go somewhere, and i don't sweat much, so its not going that way.

i'd be another thing if i was in pain, had a fever, kept needing to get up through the night, wanted to go then nothing much happened, went and it was a weird colour, etc.
#5 Old 01-12-2009, 05:07 PM
Banned

Quote:

Hi since I changed to moderate-vegetarian diet, I've been going more often(in terms of pissing). I eat meat and egg once in a while, but my diet is more composed on vegetable. Going to urinate 9 time per day is not normal right?

Is this because that the vegetables are diurectic? When I go with the normal diet, I don't piss this much but since I changed to moderate-veggy, I've been losing more weight but urinating more.

Anybody have similar experience to this? Please refrain using the phrase of "go to the doctor".

Thanks

Me too. Veg diet make me piss a lot...lots of water so it should be no wonder as I eats lots raw fruits and veg.

Also...I had a job where I could pee whenever the urge was immediately first felt. This habit got me up all night. Now I delay the urge to pee for some time and it helps with my night pees. Worked very well for me. It just takes training. But other may have different issues to deal with.
#6 Old 01-12-2009, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodedclawjen View Post

it might perhaps be that the food you're eating has more water in it than it did before. fruit and veggies do have a lot of juices inside them. are you eating loads of soups and stews? barley is a diuretic too.

or it could be something entirely unrelated- like your prostate, or a medicine you're taking having a diuretic affect, or a urinary tract infection, etc etc etc.

things to consider include: are you producing more urine when you do urinate, or do you just feel the need to do so more frequently? are you in any pain? are you getting up more than usual in the night, as well?

i'm not going to say 'go to the doctor'. but i will say that there aren't very many medical professionals who post here frequently, and regardless of how skilled the ones who do post are, taking medical advice from strangers on the internet isn't a great plan.

My piss doesn't hurt and I m sure that I don't have urinary tract infection. A lot of the time my piss comes out clear. I don't need to piss in the night, I just piss when my bladder comes full.

Thanks for the advice.
#7 Old 01-13-2009, 03:11 AM
Veggie Regular

Yea I piss a lot too. Maybe even 10 times.

Fruit has a lot of fructose and water as does vegetables. Veggies can have a diuretic effect.

I drink a lot of water too , a gallon a day.

It's normal. As long as you're not feeling pain, it's fine.
#8 Old 01-13-2009, 03:18 AM

Quote:

What sort of blood sugar values are you getting?
#9 Old 01-13-2009, 05:56 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm peeing a lot more since becoming veg and in fact I'm having to get up in the middle of the night sometimes to pee and I've never had to do that before in my life. I always assumed I had a big strong bladder. Now I think it just wasn't working properly in the past because I was never properly hydrated. With that said however, you should not accept medical advice from an internet forum. You are diabetic and any change in urination frequency needs to be addressed by a health professional. Whether you want to hear it or not... you should go see a doctor.
#10 Old 01-13-2009, 02:02 PM

Another 'gerbil bladder' owner here
#11 Old 01-14-2009, 09:54 PM
Veggie Regular

it does make sense that people who consume lots of raw foods (and their large amounts of water) in addition to water throughout the day would need to pee more than the average person who probably isn't as well hydrated and has heavier, drier foods slowing things down. explains while when i'm watching a movie with my boyfriend, i'll have to pause it at least twice to go to the bathroom when he won't have to go until hours later!
#12 Old 06-01-2013, 10:15 PM

I wondered the same thing. I've been a pesco-vegetarian (I eat fish and egg) for about a month and I usually prefer to drink water with my meals, and I find myself going to the bathroom around 6 or 7 times a day. It doesn't feel different, I just have to go more. I also find that I have to go to the bathroom quicker, as if my body filters quickly. But the urine is light in color which should mean my body is hydrated. 

#13 Old 06-03-2013, 06:41 AM

Several factors can cause frequent urination :

- Infection, disease or injury of the bladder

- Conditions that increase urine production

- Changes in muscles, nerves or other tissues affecting bladder function

- Certain cancer treatments

- Drugs or beverages that increase urine production

how to remove  frequent urination :

1-  Remove all caffeine from your diet. Stop drinking green tea, black tea, coffee and sodas that contain caffeine.

2- Replace all caffeinated drinks with all-natural fruit smoothies, fruit juices, herbal teas or whole fruits.

3- Drink cranberry juice and take cranberry extract to tone and cleanse your urinary system and help clear up minor inflammation.

4- Add horsetail extract to your diet.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page