have you heard of this guy? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 08-28-2008, 03:30 PM
Veggie Regular

He's on tv now; 8:30 am in California. His name is Doug Kaufmann, and he's a "healthy lifestyle" proponent. While much of his info seems right on (organic, lots of veggies, and as unprocessed as possible). Some of it is quite alarming.

For example, on one show he showed us his fridge, and while much was healthy, he opened up a drawer and exclaims, "And this is my favorite section. As many of you who watch the show know, I LOVE MEAT!!!"

He makes food with a chef named Denni, and while the main, meaty course is accompanied by a vegetable, he never even tries the vegetable, just the meat!

And on today's show, he mentioned how, if he had just taken his supplements, then he wouldn't have acquired a recent infection in his lungs.

His shows are peppered by sort of "commercials" that feature the president of some kind of supplement trying to tell us all the health benefits of taking their products. Other parts of the show features these presidents sitting around and talking about their companies. Thing is; honestly, they all look like sh*t! It's like how you'd imagine a meeting to be with a bunch of pharmaceutical big-wigs, except now it's supplements that are being pushed at us.

Now, much of his info seems right on, like I said, but something, just a little "something" seems a bit strange. Anyone heard of this guy? He's also a proponent of the idea that cancer is a fungus, which I can agree with. However, he mentions that sugars (like in fruit) set up conditions in which cancer can thrive, since sugar produces an acid environment that fungi love. And meat doesn't? Doesn't meat set up an acid condition? Oh, AND he does not like grain, since many grains carry fungus.

Any thoughts people?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-28-2008, 06:19 PM
Veggie Regular

The guy sounds like a nutjob.
#3 Old 08-28-2008, 08:06 PM

I'm not sure if he still does, but he had a show on XM-radio at one time. From what I remember, he seemed to believe that most diseases were caused by one fungus or another. He was interesting...to a point...but was never able to really back anything he said up with evidence.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 08-28-2008, 08:44 PM
Beginner

he sounds liek he is trying to make money and is just saying what people want to hear.

i want to know what suplements make you immune to lung disease, lol
#5 Old 08-29-2008, 09:14 AM
Veggie Regular

Exactly. And JP, you're right, he is interesting, but he talks so fast and doesn't really wrap up his points that he is making.

One person wrote in with a question about soy and asked if it's healthy. He said to saty away from anything that's a GMO and soy often is.

Well, what about organic soy? What about the delicious, fermented, organic tempeh at my local Whole Foods? He just discounted the question with, "All soy is GMO," basically. So weird.

It makes me worried, though, that when I watch people like this, they make me question everything I'm doing... just for a little bit... until I get my bearings. That scares me. I can't let that happen anymore.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page