Back pain relief? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-04-2008, 01:56 PM
Veggie Regular

I've been suffering from pain in my lower back for the last few days and nothing I've tried has done any noticeable good. I can barely lean forward or backward but to the side is alright as long as I dont twist my spine. I have been trying to stay laying down with my knees up on a pillows but get very restless and get up a lot. Am I just not being patient enough or am I doing this all wrong? Any advice you all have for getting rid of this pain would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-04-2008, 02:08 PM
Veggie Regular

If you are sure it isn't anything serious, I've found relief for a painful lower back by doing simple yoga forward bends. Again - before you do any stretches, please be sure that you are not injured, or you could hurt yourself worse. But there's nothing that feels better on an aching, stiff back than forward bends.

If it hurts too much to lean directly forward, try leaning forward from a sitting position with your legs spread, or on hands and knees gently arching and rounding your back (cat stretches.) Also standing and just leaning over frontward, letting your upper body just hang there can be gentle and nice on your back.
#3 Old 03-04-2008, 02:26 PM
Veggie Regular

Thanks for replying! I've been trying to stretch out when I get up and move around but it's still extremely painful. Trying to lean forward from sitting position is by far the most painful. I can't even sit straight up like that, much less lean forward. I'll keep trying the stretches that aren't excruciating. Hopefully it'll start to help soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 03-04-2008, 02:49 PM
Veggie Regular

It really depends on what the source of the pain is?

Is this a muscular injury, like a spasm, or a nerve/disk/vertebrae problem?

If you aren't sure, you should go get checked out.

I was having major back issues for the last few months, with my muscles spasming and locking my back into place. Turned out it was a sprain in the insertion of my hamstring and the muscle tightening was pulling my spine out of place and locking it into spasm around a nerve cluster. Fun.

I've done massage,Chiro, theta healing (like Reiki, but faster), yoga stretching and also some supplements (glucosamine, calcium and vitamin C), which can help with muscle spasms.

http://bringingyouohm.wordpress.com/

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavanto

'May everyone everywhere be happy
May the whole world be joyous'
#5 Old 03-04-2008, 02:52 PM
Veggie Regular

#6 Old 03-04-2008, 03:09 PM
Veggie Regular

It's a muscle spasm causing the pain. I've gotten them periodically over the last 10 years though never this bad. Unfortunately, getting it checked out isn't really an option right now as I'm not currently insured. Thanks for the link starling, I was trying to find something like that but wasn't having much luck. Now to find the patience and focus for yoga. Thank god for methylphenidate(ritalin)
#7 Old 03-04-2008, 03:32 PM
Veggie Regular

Gillibean, you should try this sequence first. It is very easy and I think it could benefit you a lot; it feels great.

http://yoga.about.com/od/yogasequences/ss/catcow_2.htm
#8 Old 03-04-2008, 03:40 PM
Veggie Regular

That's actually what I was just doing a minute ago. Those 2 are the only poses on the page you sent that aren't extremely painful. The cat pose is painful too but not near as much.
#9 Old 03-04-2008, 06:24 PM
Veggie Regular

Gillibean,

I'm just getting over mine, so I know what a PITA they can be.

Take it 4easy, and don't do anything that hurts, especially when it comes to yoga. Be gentle to yourself.

Ice will help. 20 mins on, 20 mins off, 3 times in a row.

http://bringingyouohm.wordpress.com/

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavanto

'May everyone everywhere be happy
May the whole world be joyous'
#10 Old 03-04-2008, 06:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Thanks synergy. I'm trying to be very careful with stretching. Ice hurts so I've been using a hot water bottle and hot showers.
#11 Old 02-17-2009, 12:02 AM
Banned

i am suffering from backborn pain from last 2 years.but when i use glucosamine sulphate available at rainbow wellbeing then i got relief form high painsand now i am feeling much better after using these natural products.

regards

www.rainbowwellbeing.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page