Children herded into Maryland courthouse for Forced Vaccinations. Gunpoint Medicine. - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 11-20-2007, 10:10 AM
Veggie Regular

http://www.newstarget.com/022267.html

These children were herded at gunpoint and surrounded by attack dogs into the courtroom. Even the American Association of Physicians and Surgeons announced its strong opposition to the Maryland "Gunpoint Medicine" vaccination campaign.

"Following the State of Maryland's threats against parents who refuse to have their children vaccinated, children were herded into a Price George County courthouse being guarded by armed personnel with attack dogs. Inside, the children were forcibly vaccinated, many against their will, under orders from the State Attorney General, various State Judges and the local School Board Director, all of whom illegally conspired to threaten parents with imprisonment if they did not submit their children to vaccinations.

The entire campaign against these parents is blatantly illegal. There is no law in Maryland requiring the vaccination of children, thus parents who refuse to do so may not be legally charged with violating any law. Instead, Maryland health and school authorities are using Gestapo-like tactics, threatening to charge the parents with child truancy violations, criminalizing them for daring to protect their children from the dangerous chemicals found in vaccines (including thimerosal, a chemical additive containing a neurotoxic form of mercury).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-20-2007, 01:35 PM

Hm. I cannot find this article covered anywhere else...do you have some other sources? Honestly, even being a sort of "liberal" issue, I'd bet that guard dogs and force immunizations would make the evening news, even in DC.

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#3 Old 11-20-2007, 01:39 PM
Veggie Regular

I read about this in the "regular" news. I'll try to find a link. What I recall is that they were threatening to expel students whose vaccinations were not up to date and then they said that truant officers would then have to arrest the parents because the kids weren't attending school.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 11-20-2007, 01:41 PM
Veggie Regular

#5 Old 11-20-2007, 01:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJen View Post

Hm. I cannot find this article covered anywhere else...do you have some other sources? Honestly, even being a sort of "liberal" issue, I'd bet that guard dogs and force immunizations would make the evening news, even in DC.

Actually, it's been all over the news here (I'm in md) for a few days.
#6 Old 11-20-2007, 01:45 PM

Thanks for the links! I read the Post most every day, and have seen nothing.

ETA: Hm, the story is slightly different that what the first article suggests. I'd read about the legal challenges/truancy issues before, but this
Quote:
Following the State of Maryland's threats against parents who refuse to have their children vaccinated, children were herded into a Price George County courthouse being guarded by armed personnel with attack dogs. Inside, the children were forcibly vaccinated, many against their will, under orders from the State Attorney General, various State Judges and the local School Board Director, all of whom illegally conspired to threaten parents with imprisonment if they did not submit their children to vaccinations.

is some seriously poor journalism. Implying that the dogs were there for the children, when it appears that the dogs are there well, every day.

Also, the parents are still able to apply for religious and ethical objections, they just didn't do so. This is less about "gestapo" tactics and more about a paperwork issue.

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#7 Old 11-20-2007, 03:17 PM
Veggie Regular

[see above link]: Barbara Loe Fisher, head of National Vaccine Information Center, a vaccine skeptic group, complained: "It is terrorizing parents. When you have the threat of going to jail, it is hard to make an informed decision."

Even the judge who opened his court is somewhat skeptical about hauling parents into court.
#8 Old 11-20-2007, 03:29 PM
Veggie Regular

Please remember:

There is no law that enforces the mandatory use of any vaccine

in the United States.

Enforced medical treatment is a violation of the 14th amendment.

You have a legal right to say no.
#9 Old 11-21-2007, 02:02 PM

Astonishing. Sometimes I am so glad I live in the UK.
#10 Old 11-21-2007, 02:12 PM
Veggie Regular

Jon_Veggie, do not take this as the sole example of h ow things are in teh US

i grew up in an area where vaccinations seemed optional.. we had them all, but some people i know are growing up with only the bare minimum.
#11 Old 11-21-2007, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libellula View Post

Jon_Veggie, do not take this as the sole example of h ow things are in teh US

Sorry, just this would not have been allowed to happen in the UK. There are plenty negative things about the UK too though
#12 Old 11-21-2007, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post

You have a legal right to say no.

Then.....why didn't they?

Seriously. I know it's a pain in the ass. I've worked in childcare (and children who were heading to Kindergarten) in 3 different states. I worked on an informational campaign about the Varicella vaccine, when I was in university.

If the parents really didn't want their children to have the vaccine, then why did they?

#13 Old 11-21-2007, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJen View Post

Then.....why didn't they?

Same reason some people consent to illegal searches, police abuse, and other injustices ... fear.
#14 Old 11-21-2007, 03:28 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Veggie View Post

Astonishing. Sometimes I am so glad I live in the UK.

depending who is our next president, i might move across the pond or up to canada. *dear god, please dont let it be another neocon*

as for the vaccinations, i see the point of them, but do we really need most of them these days? its been so long since i had one, i dont even know which ones they are shooting kids with nowadays.
#15 Old 11-21-2007, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkk View Post

Same reason some people consent to illegal searches, police abuse, and other injustices ... fear.

Some, perhaps. For some that were interviewed, it seemed to be more of a lack of motivation.

#16 Old 11-22-2007, 01:33 PM
Veggie Regular

Fascinating...and infuriating even though the original post seemed sensationalized. I had not heard about this. Thanks for posting it.
#17 Old 11-23-2007, 09:13 AM
Veggie Regular

On Fox News they erroneously reported that... "A new law was passed last year requiring children from 5th through to 10th grade to have the vaccine". This is completely untrue. There is no law in the U.S. that requires mandatory vaccinations of any kind. The Fox report mentioned the waiver forms only after claiming that it is the law.

Question:How can there be a waiver form that allows someone to break a law?

This is why the parents who don't comply will be charged not under vaccination laws (because there aren't any) but under truancy laws.

The school itself triggered the truancy violation by unfairly kicking the kids out of school, and also failing to inform their parents about the vaccine waiver forms.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page