How much do you exercise? - VeggieBoards
View Poll Results: How many hours a week do you exercise?
15 or more 0 0%
12-14 0 0%
10-12 0 0%
8-10 0 0%
6-8 0 0%
4-6 0 0%
2-4 0 0%
0-2 0 0%
What's exercise? 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 09-20-2003, 06:48 PM

I'm curious to see how much we all exercise around here. Veggies *tend* to be healthier people in overall habits from what I hear. Let's see if it's true!

So, how many hours of exercise do you usually put in a week? This includes cardio, strength training & yoga/pilates, so include everything!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-20-2003, 06:54 PM
Veggie Regular

I put 6-8, plus being always active. I feel rotten if I can get moving
#3 Old 09-20-2003, 07:05 PM
Veggie Regular

I put "what's exercise". Yup. That's me - the slob.

I do walk a lot, though.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 09-20-2003, 07:34 PM

0-2 because I walk a lot, since I don't have a car.

I go up and down with exercise. Currently, I am in a down with exercise mode
#5 Old 09-20-2003, 07:44 PM
Veggie Regular

I put 4-6. I walk a lot, because I don't drive and don't want to It gives me something to do after school :shrug: Plus I do strength training daily, alternating between doing my arms, back, legs, abs, etc. In the summer though, I'm a lot more active, usually 8+ hours a week But since it's school time, I don't have as much time to bike, do yoga, etc...plus it's getting colder
#6 Old 09-20-2003, 08:14 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm currently at 4-6 hours, but as my long runs on Sundays get longer, that will go up.
#7 Old 09-20-2003, 08:44 PM
Veggie Regular

cissy I don't drive and don't want to either, go us !

I hate cars, I love bike and walk.
#8 Old 09-20-2003, 09:23 PM
Veggie Regular

me 3 , no driving...hate it, although i dont compensate with much walking
#9 Old 09-20-2003, 09:45 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristadb View Post

I go up and down with exercise. Currently, I am in a down with exercise mode

Same here. I wish I was motivated all the time. Sometimes i work out 4 hours a day, then I don't do anything for a long time.... I go through phases with exercise.
#10 Old 09-20-2003, 11:03 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemouse View Post

cissy I don't drive and don't want to either, go us !

I hate cars, I love bike and walk.

Whoo! I should really take driver's education on general principle, but I'm sort of scared to drive, and I figure I really won't be that great of a driver if I'm scared and don't like it. Better to stay off the road. My plan is just to get super-rich and pay someone else to drive me around But seriously, if I lived in a better area, I'd bike/walk/bus everywhere...but I live in a sprawled out place, so my mom drives me places or I bike.
#11 Old 09-20-2003, 11:19 PM
Veggie Regular

every weekday i walk briskly for an hour, and walk moderately for another hour. in the summer i was also swimming for an hour - ninety minutes each weekday but i've stopped that now. once a week i go for an hour long belly dancing class, and i TRY to do yoga and/or pilates 2-3 times a week though i've been slacking off on that this month.
#12 Old 09-20-2003, 11:34 PM
Veggie Regular

i put 0-2. i am a lazy pile of crap. one of my biggest concerns right now is my lack of exercise. i am trying to think of ideas of stuff i can do. i am a busy (too much homework) high school senior... i run on wednesdays and that's it. i don't even take gym. i just walk a good amount but i need more exercise! i am so out of shape
#13 Old 09-20-2003, 11:56 PM
Veggie Regular

Does being on my feet about 40 hours a week count? Running around, getting shoes, climbing ladders, bending down to pick up shoes and trash? All I know is since I started this job, I've shed 20 pounds. So, it's definitely a good thing.

I try to go walking for about an hour 3-4 times a week. After my walks and after work, I usually stretch out. Other than that I don't do much. I don't have the money to join a gym, to buy exercise equipment, or the room to do exercise in my apartment other than some simple stretches and sit-ups/push-ups.
#14 Old 09-21-2003, 01:16 AM
Veggie Regular

Since I don't have an official job... I spend 4-5 hours a day walking/jogging/running and other things.
#15 Old 09-21-2003, 04:11 AM
Veggie Regular

i put 15 plus. generally, i do vinyasa yoga every day for 1-3 hours. 3 if i can get it, though i usually only get 1.5-2 hours. Then, i walk between 30 and 45 minutes with my husband (cardio walking). Also, i have started running again. how odd. about 20-30 minutes a day.

so, here's the daily:

1.5 yoga

.5 walking

.5 running

2.5 hours per day x 7 days = 17.5

and sometimes more. I was lifting weights for 30 minutes 2 times a week, but i kinda got out of that in the last few months. Opening the studio and arm balances were more important.
#16 Old 09-21-2003, 04:22 AM
Veggie Regular

You must be in amazing shape, zoebird!

Personally, I put 2-4, but I really have no idea. I spend much too much time in this chair typing to you guys, but when I'm at work I stand at least 7 out of the 8 hours, and I don't own a car (nor do I want to) so I walk (I only live 2 blocks from work) and bike everywhere I need to go. Once a week of so, I go a good 3-5 miles to a certain store, or to the French Quarter, etc.

So, no 'real' excercise, but I move around a lot. Last time I went to the doctor she said I was healthy and that my blood pressure was perfect.
#17 Old 09-21-2003, 11:56 AM

I put 4-6.

...about 45 minutes of cardio, 5-6 days per week... often times jogging outside for about 5 miles with my headphones on. Sometimes I do interval cardio workouts at the gym, for a shorter workout.

I'm trying to make myself lift at the gym about 2x a week.

Other than my workouts, I am pretty much sedentary all day, though. I try to do some of my errands around the neighborhood on foot. It would be nice if I could be more active aside from real workouts.
#18 Old 09-21-2003, 12:07 PM
Pip
Veggie Regular

I do around 2 1/2 each week. 30 minutes 5 times a week, either cardio, weights or abs. It doesn't seem like enough with only 2 1/2 hours a week! But it's really all I have time for, so I guess I should just be happy I manage to get off my butt and work out at all!
#19 Old 09-21-2003, 12:11 PM
Veggie Regular

I put 8 - 12, since I do about three hours of tae kwon do class (not including individual practice), 45 minutes of cardio every morning, plus give or take 2 hours of circuit training about three days a week. But my elliptical trainer is broken (aaagh!) so that's probably going down.

~Mollie~
#20 Old 09-21-2003, 04:32 PM
kat
Veggie Regular

Not enough. I walk a lot at the moment- but depends what I am up to. I also like to have a jig about to my music. I always seem to be lifting heavy boxes up and down the stairs and ladder.

Learning to drive at the moment- had two lessons so far. I have put of driving lessons for around 6 years- so it's kind of a big thing. Dont agree with driving and cars but it is a great skill to have. Wish i lived nearer some quite roads to learn on- but getting there- slowly!

K
#21 Old 09-21-2003, 04:56 PM
Banned

i picked "what's exercise?"

i absolutely hate exercise. i feel no pleasure from it at all. natural endorphins my ass! i feel fine during exercise, i can run for about 1h nonstop (even though i get bored out of my mind), but afterwards i'm just tired and hungry and miserable. so i just don't exercise.

i do walk a lot though, but i don't walk just for walking, i need to be going somewhere! an i run too, when i'm late or i need to catch the bus
#22 Old 09-21-2003, 05:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epinephrine View Post

i picked "what's exercise?"

i absolutely hate exercise. i feel no pleasure from it at all. natural endorphins my ass! i feel fine during exercise, i can run for about 1h nonstop (even though i get bored out of my mind), but afterwards i'm just tired and hungry and miserable. so i just don't exercise.

Your doing it too much (or wrong).

Seriously, one of the biggest myths out there and one of the first things my personal trainer told be is that if you feel bad after exercise, you are over-exercising and greatly increasing your risks of serious injury or burn-out.
#23 Old 09-21-2003, 05:15 PM
Veggie Regular

I currently don't exercise at all.

Maybe if my SO gets off his ass and proposes an impending wedding will give me an excuse.

I used to be an avid weightlifter. I was buff. It's hard to get motivated when I'm still a size 6.
#24 Old 09-21-2003, 05:34 PM
Veggie Regular

I put 4 - 6. It varies (every once in a while I blow off a whole week), but generally my week totals up to something like this:

2 hours of yoga (spread out over 3 - 4 sessions)

1.5 hours of cardio on the elliptical machine (30 minutes, three times per week)

1 hour of strength training (30 minutes, twice per week)

And then anywhere from 20 minutes to 2 hours of walking, depending on what I feel like and what the weather's like

Yoga is my favorite form of exercise. I loathe cardio.
#25 Old 09-21-2003, 07:16 PM
Banned

i do about 8 - 10 give or take. i go to the gym normally 4 times a week and do cardio for an hour or more each time. and then i do an hour of strength training/abs/etc afterwards. then i hike when i can during the week and do yoga so it adds up to about 10 hours usually.

i have to wrk out or i go crazy.
#26 Old 09-21-2003, 08:18 PM
Veggie Regular

If I'm feeling lazy, I'll do about 4 hours a week. Most of the time, it's about 45 minutes a day at least. In all the years I've worked out, whether it be cardio or lifting weights, I never thought that yoga could be such a killer work out. Besides, if I don't do any yoga, I'd go postal.
#27 Old 09-21-2003, 11:10 PM
Beginner

I chose 8-10...I think that's about right. Let's see, I go before class (at 4:30 AM, meep!) to the Y where I do about an hour and a half....so, let's say I do that 6 days a week (there's usually at least one day when I'm too tired to get up that early)...

1.5 x 6= 8. Yup. That'll do it. But then there's all the walking around I do, the times I miss the bus, all that fun stuff as well.
#28 Old 09-21-2003, 11:45 PM
Veggie Regular

sorry but 1.5x6 is 9, not 8
#29 Old 09-22-2003, 04:22 AM

I put 6-8 because I have pe at school 4 times a week, for an hour each period...

Plus I walk home about 3 times a week, which takes just under an hour...

Often I bus places, which ends up in having to walk too.. as the buses don't go right to where I want.
#30 Old 09-22-2003, 04:50 PM

I bike to and from work -- 1 hour per day, 5 days a week.

I attend a yoga class - 1 hour, twice a week.

I do weight training - 40 minutes, 3 times a week.

I go for longer bike rides or do aerobic videos several times a week.

I go for a 20-30 minute walk at lunch time a few times a week.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page