does this breakfast sound okay? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 05-18-2007, 01:45 AM
Veggie Regular

i have two breakfast opionions please!

1) 120 g mixed beans + 20g L.S.A + 1 piece fruit and 20g whey protein powder.+ 10g wheat germ.

2) large banana + large apple + 20 g L.S.A + 20 g whey protein + 20g oats.

do these sound okay........ i want a natural unprossed breakfast ..... is one better than the other?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-18-2007, 02:40 AM
Veggie Regular

My advice...stop weighing your food, stop making meal plans on your own, and stop obsessing. No breakfast is better than the other, it all depends on what your body needs at that time. Listen to it, without judgement or thinking "no, I have to ____". It will tell you. Your body wants to be healthy, to live life, to experience joy and all life has to offer - it won't betray you.

Life will be so, so much better. I can't even explain it properly, but trust me..you aren't truly living when you trust a food scale more than your body.
#3 Old 05-18-2007, 03:12 AM
Veggie Regular

here here Blue!! i second that.

specialk, seriously, its all good. i lightened up about "nutrition" (note the quotation marks) and i am SO HAPPY. i recommend it.

xoxo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 05-18-2007, 06:06 PM
Veggie Regular

thats fine but i havnt actually posted a food related question here for awhile ... my dietition has just gone away and i was looking for some advice BECAUSe i am trying to change this up a bit with is a bit of a challange , so mabey you have taken me the wrong way ... thanks any way!
#5 Old 05-18-2007, 06:14 PM
Veggie Regular

i agree with the others SpecialK..

I think that both sound good. are they both strong calorically though?
#6 Old 05-18-2007, 08:37 PM

I don't think I could eat that much in the morning! (accually, I know I couldn't)

But more power to you! They both sound great, but don't obsess.
#7 Old 05-18-2007, 09:38 PM
Veggie Regular

what is LSA, specialK?
#8 Old 05-18-2007, 10:26 PM
Veggie Regular

they are each about 350-400 calories ............. lsa is a mix of ground linseeds,sunflower seeds and almond meal yummy stuff!
#9 Old 05-19-2007, 03:04 AM
Veggie Regular

[QUOTE=animallover7249]I don't think I could eat that much in the morning! (accually, I know I couldn't)[QUOTE]

NOT a good thing to say to a person with an eating disorder or who is in recovery from an eating disorder.

SpecialK, those breakfasts are not too much food. I eat more than that every morning, unless I'm in a rush to go somewhere.
#10 Old 05-19-2007, 03:56 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialK12 View Post

i have two breakfast opionions please!

1) 120 g mixed beans + 20g L.S.A + 1 piece fruit and 20g whey protein powder.+ 10g wheat germ.

2) large banana + large apple + 20 g L.S.A + 20 g whey protein + 20g oats.

do these sound okay........ i want a natural unprossed breakfast ..... is one better than the other?

whey protein powder and wheat germ are products that are pretty processed if you aks me, so if you want unprocessed, I'd leave that out.

Having that banana on a slice of bread seems better to me
#11 Old 05-19-2007, 05:51 AM

mmm a slice of wheat bread with PB and sliced bananas... thats a good weight gainer and it sounds so tasty right now
#12 Old 05-19-2007, 08:43 PM
Veggie Regular

its raw wheat germ and 100% isolate whey.
#13 Old 05-20-2007, 12:42 AM
Veggie Regular

they are still processed OUT OF the foods they come from.. whey is a protein from milk, still processed. wheat germ comes from wheat that has been milled and processed, it is the GERM of whe wheat berry...
#14 Old 05-21-2007, 07:47 AM
Veggie Regular

SpecialK, this whole thread is making me cringe. Honestly, it's just food. Who cares if something is processed, it isn't like you are eating a whole tub of vegenaise for breakfast. What you are eating is healthy. You can still eat unhealthy things from time to time, it won't kill you. Neither will obsessing over your food intake, however that WILL kill your social life, energy level, and sanity. Food isn't the big deal we make it out to be. I've been there for many years; I know you have too. I know you know that it isn't worth it. Life is so much better without this crap.
#15 Old 05-21-2007, 05:50 PM
Veggie Regular

thanks blue but i dont think its all that fair because when i read your posts they consits of nothing much other than raw foods............ well just something to think about
#16 Old 05-21-2007, 06:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

thanks blue but i dont think its all that fair because when i read your posts they consits of nothing much other than raw foods............ well just something to think about

Yes, you are right, but that was just for like three days. I haven't been posting what I'm eating because that thread appears to have died..but today I ate: three slices of vegetable cheeseless pizza, an apple, a banana, a bowl of oatmeal w. brown sugar & cinnamon, bread with earth balance, mashed potatoes, salad w. italian dressing, & a luna bar. None of it was a binge, and I was truly hungry for all of it. I don't think this is a matter of fair or not, we all can be hypocrites at times, but I just want you to be happy and to live without the hell that is an ED.
#17 Old 05-21-2007, 06:22 PM
Veggie Regular

thats great , i also eat foods such as chocalte and cheese on toast but there are certin foods i eat more of that i would just like to make sure is healthy ie. my breakfast each day. thats why im asking , im not obsessing im just trying to know more about the food i eat. (i love you blue!) and i hope i havnt come across the wrong way!
#18 Old 05-21-2007, 11:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

thats great , i also eat foods such as chocalte and cheese on toast but there are certin foods i eat more of that i would just like to make sure is healthy ie. my breakfast each day. thats why im asking , im not obsessing im just trying to know more about the food i eat. (i love you blue!) and i hope i havnt come across the wrong way!

You haven't come across the wrong way at all! I'm glad you aren't obsessing. What made me worry was the specific portions - such as "30g", etc.
#19 Old 05-22-2007, 01:29 AM
Veggie Regular

oh yer its cause i use a meal plan that was used when i was weighing my things to make sure i have the right amount............its a positive for me sometimes as i underestimate that right portions
#20 Old 05-22-2007, 12:49 PM
Banned

>>lsa is a mix of ground linseeds,sunflower seeds and almond meal >>

Heheh....my first guess was "lysergic acid amide".

ebola
#21 Old 05-23-2007, 05:40 PM
Veggie Regular

specialK - if you are measuring to make sure you are eating enough, that is great i hope that you learn how to go without measuring to learn the proper and REAL portion sizes so that you never have to measure again!

and that you learn that it'sokay to eat more or less than a portion size if you are eating enough and healthily overall
#22 Old 05-23-2007, 08:47 PM
Veggie Regular

thanks lib its nice to have people who care ........... thanks to all !
#23 Old 05-30-2007, 08:29 AM
Veggie Regular

specialk
#24 Old 05-30-2007, 08:44 PM
Veggie Regular

thank you tomato!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page