what do u have for breakfast? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 08-18-2003, 08:25 AM

this morning was a huge rush to get everyone dressed and out the door as i had an appointment to keep (note to self - make sure appointments are later than 9.30am from now on ) so i missed breakfast *sniff*

i have got myself used to eating..

1 apple

1 orange

1 huge slice of watermelon

all chopped up, topped with 1/2 a soy yogurt and pour some soy milk over the top. mix and enjoy!

am i being a good girl or what?! lol

i will get on to trying some breakfast cereals when i've got more used to soy milk (as i'm still a n00b hehe)

what do u guys start the day off with?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-18-2003, 08:34 AM
Kiz
Veggie Regular

Porridge the last few days, with cinnamon, brown sugar and a banana, and with a handful of wheatgerm thrown in. Sometimes I put semolina in instead, because it makes the porridge go all lovely and creamy. You can make enough of the plain oats and water stuff to last a few days, just heat it in the micowave each morning with some extra soy milk, it's the best comfort food that is good for you, ever.

Black coffe and toast, with Avacado and Tomato is my other fave. Yum! Specially with freshly picked basil.

Love the post? Why not buy the T-shirt!
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=categorie&cat=8
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=product&info=94
#3 Old 08-18-2003, 08:37 AM

Grits, Oatmeal, bagel, or a banana and a cup of soy milk. Usually one of those. One the weekends I usually make something special like pecan pancakes or tofu scramble.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 08-18-2003, 08:43 AM

normally a kids cereal like lIfe or froot loops in soymilk. and some fruit when it's in season..

sometiems i'll be "bad" and eat chocolate pudding cake, but that's not very often.
#5 Old 08-18-2003, 08:49 AM
Rie
Veggie Regular

Usually a few bowls of cereal, some coffee, and a piece of whole wheat toast covered with peanut butter and maple syrup on top. I ALWAYS make time to sit and relax and enjoy some breakfast.
#6 Old 08-18-2003, 09:03 AM
Veggie Regular

Usually one of the following (w/a glass of orange juice):

peanut butter on whole wheat toast

cereal

whole wheat waffles w/lite syrup

egg whites on whole wheat toast

cranberry nut muffin
#7 Old 08-18-2003, 09:09 AM
Veggie Regular

Either a bowl of cereal with rice milk or a bowl of oatmeal. Sometimes a banana as well.

http://megatarian.blogspot.com
#8 Old 08-18-2003, 09:11 AM
Veggie Regular

Cereal with vanilla soymilk is my usual breakfast. I love cereal. In the winter, I like hot oatmeal. When I am at my parents house on the weekends, I will eat a muffin and fruit, or a granola bar.
#9 Old 08-18-2003, 09:27 AM
Veggie Regular

I am also a big cereal fan, and I am addicted to fruit. Sometimes when I'm in a hurry a Luna bar hits the spot. Today was a treat though- I had some homemade blueberry cake! Now I'm getting hungry...
#10 Old 08-18-2003, 09:29 AM
Veggie Regular

i'm a creature of habit and eat the same breakfast everyday and get cranky if i have to substitute

puffed millet cereal

plain soymilk

i get to eat the whole bowl if i have it at work but at home i have to share with at least one parrot (which i guess is fine since my husband thinks it's puffed bird seed anyway )
#11 Old 08-18-2003, 10:09 AM

I have a bowl of oatmeal (with splenda and cinnamon), plus a peach or apple almost every day.
#12 Old 08-18-2003, 10:10 AM

hmm oatmeal seems a firm fave, gonna have to try it methinks!

*puts on shopping list*
#13 Old 08-18-2003, 10:31 AM
Veggie Regular

Maple & Brown SUgar oatmeal & a glass of Soymilk!
#14 Old 08-18-2003, 10:34 AM
Veggie Regular

Multiple bowls of cereal w/ a banana

Non-frosted Poptarts or cereal bars

muffins

pancakes

I used to make eggbeaters for protein but they taste weird to me now..and I prefer something sweet in the morning.
#15 Old 08-18-2003, 10:40 AM
Veggie Regular

toast (today it was homemade bread from the bread machine) with margarine and honey or molasses

fruit (whatever's handy, today a banana)

juice
#16 Old 08-18-2003, 10:56 AM
Veggie Regular

I rarely eat breakfast, in all honesty.

When I do it generally consists of oatmeal or toast with fruit.
#17 Old 08-18-2003, 11:23 AM
Veggie Regular

Today:

Plain bagel w/ reduced fat margarine

A banana

Limeade

Other times I'll have cereal, such as Special K red berries, with soymilk and a bit of fruit. And usually I drink orange juice with breakfast instead. Or sometimes i'll have a bagel with hummus. But today's breakfast is pretty typical. I always take a multivitamin with breakfast(it's the vegetarian kind.)
#18 Old 08-18-2003, 11:28 AM

I like grits with strawberry preserves. Lately, I've had rice cereal with half a banana( ) sliced up and mixed in almost everyday. If not that, I make myself a salad. Oh, and I drink loads of coffee: at least half a pot (I'm an addict.).
#19 Old 08-18-2003, 12:56 PM
Veggie Regular

For me it's usually a bowl of mixed cereal (usually granola and cornflakes - cornflakes are vitamin fortified, granola for protein and fat, therefore satiety) with soy or rice milk.

Or sometimes a bagel w/ PB, almond butter, etc and a glass of OJ to wash it down.
#20 Old 08-18-2003, 01:10 PM
Veggie Regular

pretty much everytime a bowl of Nature's Path flakes (not "corn flakes") and a big handful of raisins and soy milk.

sometimes make pancakes , damper dogs (risen bread rough fried in a bit of oil and molasses pour on after), or creme of wheat with raisins
#21 Old 08-18-2003, 01:28 PM
Veggie Regular

I usually have sprouted grain toast with almond butter and whatever fruit is in season. Sometimes I'll have a plain bagel though. Always there is coffee (just a medium size, though, I'm trying to be moderate).

I wish I liked hot cereal, especially oatmeal, but I can't stand it. Any hot cereal makes me gag uncontrollably.
#22 Old 08-18-2003, 01:44 PM
Veggie Regular

i either have... toast with jam on it, cereal with soy milk or fruit.
#23 Old 08-18-2003, 01:56 PM

Usually hot oatmeal, often with fruit in it (especially chopped banana). Sometimes oat bran instead of oatmeal. Tried steel-cut oats recently -- very good and very filling.
#24 Old 08-18-2003, 01:59 PM
Veggie Regular

How do you people get up so freakin' early that you have time to eat breakfast!?!?!?!

Geez I wish I could do it.. but for now I just grab a piece of fruit and a bottle of water on my way out. I eat my banana or nectarine or strawberry/blueberry mix or grapes once I get to work.
#25 Old 08-18-2003, 02:03 PM
Veggie Regular

coffeeeee.....

banana and/or grapenuts

leftover rice is great for breakfast
#26 Old 08-18-2003, 03:18 PM
Veggie Regular

I usually have packet of apple cinnamon oatmeal, plain Silk soymilk, a smoothie made of tofu, ice, water, and crystal light, and some fruit.
#27 Old 08-18-2003, 03:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by DirtDiva

How do you people get up so freakin' early that you have time to eat breakfast!?!?!?!

I don't. Are you crazy i live 5 mins from work and i'm the only person in my office for 12 hours a day. i stock the office kitchen with my puffed millet, soymilk and COFFEE...lots and lots and lots of COFFEE. When i had my "real" job i didn't eat breakfast (or lunch sometimes either)
#28 Old 08-18-2003, 05:52 PM
Veggie Regular

I haven't been waking up in time for anything of a breakfasty nature for about a month now...but when I do wake up before noon, I tend to go for:

- Whole grain cereal (Cheerios, Shredded Wheat, Bran Flakes, etc) w/Plain soymilk and sometimes a banana or raisins

- 2 peices whole grain toast w/sugar free jam

- Peice of fruit/ bowl of chopped fruit

- 2 Fat-free waffles w/a quarter cup of sugar free syrup

- Oatmeal with applesauce on rare occassions

As of recent I've been doing "brunches", today it was a PB&J and a cup to a cup and half of vanilla Rice Dream. Yum.
#29 Old 08-18-2003, 06:17 PM
Veggie Regular

BTW, dirtdiva - my "breakfast" falls at about 2 in the afternoon. Then I eat lunch around 7PM, a snack around 11PM, and dinner at 2AM.
#30 Old 08-18-2003, 07:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Fruit.

And if there's not fruit then I have a salad, if there's not salad, then I have anything that's in the kitchen that I am willing to eat.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page