what do u have for breakfast? - Page 4 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#91 Old 06-16-2005, 04:47 PM
Veggie Regular

Usually toast or instant oatmeal and fruit with far too much coffee.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 Old 06-17-2005, 11:40 AM
Veggie Regular

I usually either have a cliff bar or a smoothie, depending on if I have time to make the smoothie.

Sometimes I make the smoothie the night before and it usually keeps pretty well over night.
#93 Old 06-20-2005, 09:42 AM
Veggie Regular

What the heck is breakfast?

Oh, yeah. That's the thing I used to eat in the mornings before I needed to break free from my cocoon. (Which seems to be unsuccessful.)

Anyway, if/when I do eat....

It's usually either plain oatmeal with brown sugar and cinnamon, if I have ita and fruit, if available,

or,

scrambled eggs with some cheese, either by themselves or in a sandwhich with ketchup. Lately, I've been putting spices in the eggs while they are cooking, either taco seasoning or some Greek spices I picked up on clearance at Kroger (it's a Kroger brand) for only $.50. Not too bad.

Always, always coffee.

Blah.

Now that I'm taking an 8:30 class, I've been skipping breakfast. Well, I still have the coffee, just in a travel mug during class. (My professor has a small flask like thing for his coffee; It seems to hold more. I want one.) I'm actually at the library now instead of at home so that I don't eat.... Sad, I know. Actually if I were at home, the housework would be in my face, mocking me, taunting me, daring me to do something with it....

Okay. I'm digressing.

Laura
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#94 Old 06-20-2005, 10:26 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm trying really hard to get back into eating breakfast. I have a bad habit of getting busy and just waiting it out until lunch. This morning I made myself a smoothie with frozen fruit and protein powder, and a toasted bagel.

I'm not a big fan of traditional breakfast foods though, so sometimes I will make myself a tofurky sandwich, or have leftovers from dinner the night before. As long as I'm eating breakfast.
#95 Old 06-20-2005, 11:13 AM
Veggie Regular

I had a veggie burger this morning. I also eat homemae oatmeal a lot, bagels if I have them. I have like veggie bacon on toast w/ ketchup. or I"ll have one of the gluten free panacakes I make and freeze for my girlfriend.
#96 Old 06-20-2005, 11:24 AM
Veggie Regular

Usually hot cereal of some kind. Oat bran is my favorite. Also, the multi-grain w/ soy and flax is good. I usually slice up some fruit and add some cinnamon. And always tea or coffee. Actually, I usually have both. Cereals like Kashi and Peace are great, too, with some plain soymilk.
#97 Old 06-20-2005, 11:54 AM
Baby Love

*Cereal (Kashi Go Lean, Cheerioes, Grape Nuts) and soy milk. Fruit a couple hours later.

*Whole wheat Bagel w/ nut butter or hummus or buttery stuff and fruit spread. Fruit a couple hours later.

*Leftover noodles

*Homemade brownbread or muffin and fruit.
#98 Old 06-20-2005, 12:32 PM
Veggie Regular

When I get up in time ...

Wholegrain toast with vegan margarine and vegemite

or

cereal with soymilk +/- banana

and black coffee
#99 Old 06-20-2005, 01:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Lately I've been eating:

~ Bran cereal with soymilk, bananas and strawberries.

~ Whole wheat toast with peanutbutter with an apple and orange.

I try to get 2 fruits per breakfast.
#100 Old 06-20-2005, 01:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Whole Food's Oats and Flax Granola with ground flax seeds on top, and almond milk.

Blueberries.

Chai Tea with Silk Soymilk Creamer

More blueberries...

Handfull of baby carrots ( I know, odd... but I was making my lunch for work, and they looked good - so I had some for breakfast too...)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page