I'm sick - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-22-2007, 03:23 PM
Veggie Regular

I've been sick for a week now and i'm not sure what I should do. My mom had a sinus infection and I waited with her at the clinic and I must have gotten sick from all the sick people at the office. I haven't really been too achy until today and my stomach feels sore, like after i've done a lot of sit ups the day before. I think its from sneezing so much and I feel weak, I haven't really slowed down to rest any so its probably not helping matters any. This is the worst day of it so far, last thursday it was starting and I could feel it coming on. Then it was bad the next day and better the day after then I started coughing a lot and my head started to hurt. Then it got better, off and on....I haven't really been eating much since i'm just not hungry. It actually started a few weeks ago not being hungry a lot and last week it got better and this week i've just not been hungry at all.

Anyway, i'm sorry if i'm rambling i'm not really thinking straight at the moment. Any suggestions would be great
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-26-2007, 09:20 AM
Veggie Regular

How about having caught a cold?

Hot inhalations of camomille do good. Drink a lot of tea. Rest. Actually I think your problems could be solved with granny's tips.

Hope you'll be well soon.

If I'm not answering quickly enough - leave a note on Twitter for @Rheumatologe
#3 Old 02-27-2007, 02:07 AM
Veggie Regular

I had an infection in my darn face this past week, and it blew up the one side of my face and it was only in just the

last day or so it went down back to the normal shape of my face. Phew!!!!! Such a relief to have it over with!!!

And likewise the fact I never used any anti-biotic which I'm proud of.

I really thought I'd have to use something like an anti-biotic, having been suggested that by my doctor!! ~Egads!!

I've never had a face infection before. It is a highly unlikely thing usually (in the way it occured at least).

It resulted as far as I know from some mysterious insect (best guess) or some "foreign object'

of wtf proportion/denomination (God Knows). A small thorn maybe even it could have been (which

got in my face btw, by me laying on my pillow as my head hit it, or "side cheek" to be precise!)

Anyway I'm better now and I was not put out by it, apart from some slight soreness and the psychological perspective and wondering what the hell was happening to my face caused by even the smallest penetration of a foreign object!! Strange, isn't it?? Well I'm telling this just for your general interest, to indirectly make you feel better (as I know my infection is not the same sort of yours I guess) but the fact I resisted using anti-biotics really gives me hope for my body in these situations, and well, I am well fit physically at least, so that helps.... The way I got the swelling to go down ultimately, was to apply warm/ almost hot water with a sponge to the infected area every so often and I didn't allow the small scab to form for too long until nearing the #end#game#of#getting#better# as I knew it was best to let bleed some to let out the infection.

Sorry to go on about me Carried, but I do very much wish you well too, which is why I tell my recent event/story to depict for you how things that seem drastic do clear and get better !!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 02-27-2007, 02:27 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
my stomach feels sore, like after i've done a lot of sit ups the day before.

Good to see someone into their exercise! enough to create that burn or soreness!

Often its NOT necessarily an adversity to health that sometimes you will not feel hungry if your body has gotten very proficient at using for instance small meals, rather than big intakes of food at one sitting that just weigh you down etc...

However with being ill I know for certain your non inclination for food intake is perhaps dual the above reason and because you are ill (obvioiusly food is not so appealing when you are ill and may taste unusual too).
#5 Old 02-27-2007, 09:48 AM
Tom
Veggie Regular

I'm sorry you're not feeling well, Carrie. I'd get some rest. I don't know what to say about your loss of appetite- whether you should do what your body is asking you to do or make yourself eat... but I hope you feel better soon!

Peasant (1963-1972) and Fluffy (1970s?-1982- I think of you as 'Ambrose' now)- Your spirits outshone some humans I have known. Be happy forever.
#6 Old 02-27-2007, 08:52 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA~goth~UK View Post

I had an infection in my darn face this past week, and it blew up the one side of my face and it was only in just the

last day or so it went down back to the normal shape of my face. Phew!!!!! Such a relief to have it over with!!!

And likewise the fact I never used any anti-biotic which I'm proud of.

I really thought I'd have to use something like an anti-biotic, having been suggested that by my doctor!! ~Egads!!

I've never had a face infection before. It is a highly unlikely thing usually (in the way it occured at least).

It resulted as far as I know from some mysterious insect (best guess) or some "foreign object'

of wtf proportion/denomination (God Knows). A small thorn maybe even it could have been (which

got in my face btw, by me laying on my pillow as my head hit it, or "side cheek" to be precise!)

Anyway I'm better now and I was not put out by it, apart from some slight soreness and the psychological perspective and wondering what the hell was happening to my face caused by even the smallest penetration of a foreign object!! Strange, isn't it?? Well I'm telling this just for your general interest, to indirectly make you feel better (as I know my infection is not the same sort of yours I guess) but the fact I resisted using anti-biotics really gives me hope for my body in these situations, and well, I am well fit physically at least, so that helps.... The way I got the swelling to go down ultimately, was to apply warm/ almost hot water with a sponge to the infected area every so often and I didn't allow the small scab to form for too long until nearing the #end#game#of#getting#better# as I knew it was best to let bleed some to let out the infection.

Sorry to go on about me Carried, but I do very much wish you well too, which is why I tell my recent event/story to depict for you how things that seem drastic do clear and get better !!

Thanks VA! I'm happy that you are feeling better, i've had an infection also but it was on my foot from an ant bite...I couldn't put shoes on for a week.

I am feeling a lot better now, I started drinking a lot of ginger tea on Friday and all weekend and I felt 100 percent better. My eating pattern is back on track now as well and my stomach felt a lot better the day after I posted about it. I also rested a lot and slept a ton, I think that I overworked myself without taking a break and it finally caught up with me. Anyway, thanks everyone for your help and kind words.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page