The Six Pack Vegetarian - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-01-2007, 12:40 AM

I loooove being a vegetarian I used to way over 210 pounds in high school and like a year later I'm at 138....not JUST due to vegetarianism of course but excercise and a good diet..Ok I got the weight down But now I want to tone up and start cutting those abs out. I know that actually most people have 6 packs but they have a layer of fat just blocking it from view..unforunately i have burned down that layer and found...that I am just really skinny now. OK I am looking into protein supplements ( shakes/bars and such) and I was wondering what is the best way to get the quickest results. I belong to 24 hour fitness and run every day for a mile a day.. I dont eat anything fried or covered in chili. Don't drink or smoke...clean body clean mind clean soul..any help with this is much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-01-2007, 05:04 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceblueken View Post

I know that actually most people have 6 packs but they have a layer of fat just blocking it from view..unforunately i have burned down that layer and found...that I am just really skinny now. .

Pfft. Braggart! J/K...I'm just jealous...my abs are in great shape...I'm just afraid I will never see them again...
#3 Old 02-01-2007, 06:06 AM
Veggie Regular

I hope, you realize that you don't have a big problem. Eat enough calories of a varied diet so you don't loose more weight and do exercises that build up muscles.

If I'm not answering quickly enough - leave a note on Twitter for @Rheumatologe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 02-01-2007, 08:31 PM
seeker and optimist

That's great go took control of your body like that.

Just do some ab toning exercises...

I like yoga. Find what suits you.
#5 Old 02-02-2007, 05:44 PM
Veggie Regular

I know many cardio nuts who are "skinny fat". Lift weights and add a weighted ab routine.
#6 Old 02-14-2007, 06:15 AM

Ah, yes, 'skinny fat'. I know it oh so well.

Look around online-- I suspect you can probably even find videos of ab routine demos to watch and follow.
#7 Old 02-14-2007, 07:21 AM
Veggie Regular

There are all sorts of ab routines out there now - pilates, yoga, traditional crunches. If you look at http://www.collagevideo.com, you'll be able to look for exercise videos and preview them, too. Make sure you look at Cathe's Core Max.
#8 Old 02-14-2007, 07:36 AM
Veggie Regular

i have washboard abs

they are just doing a load of towels right now
#9 Old 02-14-2007, 08:19 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyinc View Post

i have washboard abs

they are just doing a load of towels right now

You just caused me to laugh out loud at work! Too funny!
#10 Old 02-14-2007, 08:29 AM
Veggie Regular

Why not run to 24 hour fitness and make use of their weight machines?

There are tons of books/videos around to help you decide how you want to go about toning your muscles. Also, at the gym you can get any of the workers there (or often many of the more experienced weight lifters) to show you the proper form and what works best for each muscle group.
#11 Old 02-14-2007, 11:56 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by geronimango View Post

You just caused me to laugh out loud at work! Too funny!

#12 Old 02-14-2007, 10:02 PM
Veggie Regular

Running for a mile will burn about ... 100 calories or so. And may build muscle, but will mostly make you lean.

Weight lifting & resistance training will be the best way to build mass.

You belong to 24 hour - buy some personal training and have someone show you how to use the machines & free weights to build & define your muscles.
#13 Old 02-17-2007, 10:48 AM
Beginner

Everyone has had some good advice, weights, ab routines, and stuff like pilates will do wonders. I do have to say though that honestly some people cannot healthily attain 6-pk abs just because of their individual fat distribution. For me personally, I do a TON of varied abwork- yoga, pilates, free weights, machines.. and I can't get ab definition. The only time I could see it was when I was really underweight, and now, even at the very bottom of my healthy weight range, I can't see a thing (other than my abs are very flat and hard to the touch- they just don't look it!)

So yeah, I don't want to bum you out because you should definitely try some different things to build up strength, I just wanted to let you know that some people just aren't genetically cut out for it.
#14 Old 02-26-2007, 01:23 AM

Wow is that really true??...ahhh that makes me sad...but still that won't deter me. It's been a couple weeks and I am defining the abs already...another month and hopefully a 4 pack. lol
#15 Old 02-27-2007, 04:20 PM
Beginner

Well if you are already seeing definition you are probably on your way. Good luck!
#16 Old 02-27-2007, 04:33 PM
Veggie Regular

Yeah, it sounds like it's probably possible for you, but a "six-pack" isn't a genetic possibility for some folks. Like me for instance. I'm very fit, and I do ab exercises, but I will always have a little blob of fat (I call it my sea cucumber) on my lower abdomen, just as all the women in my family do. I'm at a good weight, but that just happens to be where I carry my fat. This is much more common in women though, so you probably don't have to worry about it.
#17 Old 02-27-2007, 05:25 PM
Kiz
Veggie Regular

Every time I see this thread title I think "6-pack vegetarian" as in a vegetarian who drinks a 6-pack (of beer) at a time.

Love the post? Why not buy the T-shirt!
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=categorie&cat=8
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=product&info=94
#18 Old 02-27-2007, 09:27 PM
Veggie Regular

Me too.

And that's totally not the reason why I keep opening this thread, forgetting what it's actually about, then getting disappointed that it's not about beer.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page