No more enthusiasm or energy! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 09-27-2006, 04:01 PM
Veggie Regular

For a while now I've had no energy at all. I can't concentrate or focus on anything, I have little energy or enthusiasm, and I'm feeling a little down. Most importantly, my grades are suffering. I've failed 3 tests in the last 2 weeks.

In this post I'm including my diet for 2 days, so if you see anything I'm lacking or anything I'm consuming in excess, please tell!

Some additional info that may be helpful: I get between 7 and 8 hours of sleep a night, I'm 5 ft 3, 106 lbs, and I have no trouble falling asleep or staying asleep. Also, I don't drink as much water as I probably should. I don't do sports, and I exercise only when walking the dogs a few times a week.

Day 1:

B: Ensure (250 cals)

s: mini croissant, candy

l: wb sandwich with cheese

yogurt

fruit leather

s: mac and cheese

D: rice and beans

s: a banana

Day 2:

B: Ensure plus (350 cals)

s: Luna bar

l: small green salad

chocolate milk

yogurt

s: mac and cheese with baked beans

s: rice crispy treat (no gelatin)

vitamin water

s: Babe ruth bar

d: veggie stir fry

Any suggestions? Any high energy food I can eat?

Me and my grades thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-27-2006, 06:05 PM

It might be a long shot but it could be allergies or even mononucleosis! You should go to your doctor for a complete checkup and bloodwork just to rule out any health issues. Good luck!
#3 Old 09-27-2006, 06:30 PM

I betcha it's a lacking in iron! have you considered taking and iron supplement, you can get your levels checked by doc to make sure you need it...it is hard to get enough and Iron supplys oxygen in your blood so is very important for brain function! Eating lots of dark and colourful veges is GOOD, lettuce has minimal nutritional value so replace with baby spinach or rocket or bean sprouts. there are heaps of other things too, I'm not sure tho

Good luck, hope u feel better soon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 09-27-2006, 06:47 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by positivemind View Post

I betcha it's a lacking in iron! have you considered taking and iron supplement, you can get your levels checked by doc to make sure you need it...it is hard to get enough and Iron supplys oxygen in your blood so is very important for brain function! Eating lots of dark and colourful veges is GOOD, lettuce has minimal nutritional value so replace with baby spinach or rocket or bean sprouts. there are heaps of other things too, I'm not sure tho

Good luck, hope u feel better soon

I think I was close to anemic in 7th grade, so iron is a great idea! I'm going to take iron supplements starting tomorrow, and see how it goes. Thanks to both of you for answering!
#5 Old 09-27-2006, 06:58 PM
Banned

I see a lot of carbs but not a lot of fresh fruit/veggies. I agree that multivitamin is a good way to go. If you are feeling really tired, watch out for mono. A friend of mine in college got that. check for sore throat or swollen glands in your neck.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page