emergency room...again - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-23-2006, 04:39 PM
Veggie Regular

almost exactly a month ago i was in the er because i woke up witch crippling stomach pains. i stupidly went to the er here in town where they never know a thing. but anyway they did blood tests, urine tests, and a CT scan. And pretty much said they had no idea what was wrong and sent me home with some pain meds. so the next day i went to my regular dr and he looked over the tests and said that a bit of fluid showed up on my CT scan and so it might of been a ovarie cyst that ruptured.

well last i was out shopping and went to the bathroom and suddenly the pain came back again. i was taken into the er again. more tests. this time my urine showed an infection. so they came to the conclusion that it was a UTI that "got out of control". well ive had over 20 UTIs and none of them felt like this. i havent been going more often, no pain when i do go or anything. so i guess i'm going for a second opinion. has anyone had anything remotly like this? i'm hoping this dosent turn into a monthly occurance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-23-2006, 04:44 PM
Contributing Member

My daughter was in the hospital for tests overnight because of extreme stomach pain and they couldn't figure out what was wrong either. But her gyn did some tests and found it was ruptured ovarian cysts. Its happened to her a few times but they have become fewer as she has gotten older.

‎"One meal, soon forgotten, in exchange for a whole life." Author Unknown
"Fur is worn by beautiful animals and ugly people"

#3 Old 06-23-2006, 04:47 PM
Veggie Regular

might be kidney stones. I've had those and they suck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 06-23-2006, 04:52 PM

Sounds like ya need a hug...
#5 Old 06-23-2006, 05:07 PM
Veggie Regular

heh thanks for the hug careful though ive got several hole in me from them trying to hit a vein grrr. 4 to be exact.

the cysts seems to be the only thing that makes sense. mostly because it happened at about the same time of the month and it came on so quick. but i dont know if that explains the infection that showed up on the urine test?

i really dont want this happening when i'm in iceland in sept. which would be at this time of the month
#6 Old 06-23-2006, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowoutonvinyl View Post

heh thanks for the hug careful though ive got several hole in me from them trying to hit a vein grrr. 4 to be exact.

Aw.
#7 Old 06-24-2006, 07:25 AM
Veggie Regular

I had "unexplainable" abdominal pain this past winter that I went to the ER for. It took them 18 hrs to figure it out, but my appendix had burst. Oops.

They actually hadn't figured out that it had burst until I was cut open. They'd just thought it was leaking and inflamed. I showed them!!

Why don't you go to your gynocologist and get a thorough check up there, and if that doesn't answer any questions, maybe a urologist or a gastroenterologist? If you are very concerned, just keep persuing answers until you get one!

http://megatarian.blogspot.com
#8 Old 06-28-2006, 03:57 AM
Veggie Regular

My appendix also burst and it almost killed me. I always become alarmed when someone talks about "unexplained" abdominal pains.
#9 Old 06-28-2006, 12:17 PM
Veggie Regular

well they looked at my appendix and said it was "slightly enlarged" but not enough that they would be concerned about it.

i forgot to mention that i've just gotten off the depo shot. last injection was aug of last year. i dont know if its related or not.
#10 Old 06-28-2006, 02:12 PM
Veggie Regular

Where is the pain? I had severe pain on my right side about two months ago. Turned to be a pretty serious gastro-intestinal problem. Although I'm surprised they didn't find anything with the CT scan, that's how they diagnosed me.
#11 Old 06-28-2006, 05:33 PM
Veggie Regular

the pain is mostly in the middle and just below my navel all the way down. when the dr pushed on it it did hurt on the right side also but not as bad.
#12 Old 06-29-2006, 07:57 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

the pain is mostly in the middle and just below my navel all the way down. when the dr pushed on it it did hurt on the right side also but not as bad.

Did it hurt on your right side around the hip bone region??

Lemmie tell ya, they suspect my appendix was leaking fluid for MONTHS with me not noticing (I had some killer stomach aches in there, but I have IBS, so thats not news), and they can flair up and calm down again. Just watch out for fevers, nausea/vomiting, feeling like you'll feel better if you poop/pass gas but you do and you don't feel better (that was the only real symptom I had before it burst...). I seriously thought I had gas and was taking gas-x. Boy was I wrong!!

http://megatarian.blogspot.com
#13 Old 06-30-2006, 10:29 AM
Beginner

Pain radiating from the belly button area can be from the appendix - it doesn't have to be on the side where the appendix is. Have the appendix double-checked.

Ask your doc about diverticulitis, which is an inflammation of tiny pockets (diverticula) that some people have in their colon. It usually effects older people, but my husband started having it when he was 19. Like most diseases, they're finding it's happening to younger and younger patients.

I second the idea that you get this thoroughly checked with your OB/GYN and then with a doc or two. If you're ending up in the ER during these episodes, then this is really worthy of some more attention.

And don't forget - demand adequate medical care! Don't let docs push you out the door without a diagnosis, or with some half-a**ed diagnosis.
#14 Old 07-06-2006, 10:43 PM
Veggie Regular

I have never had appendix troubles, but I have a friend that had repeated pain problems. They were treating her for gynelogical problems, but it turned out to be a "hot" appendix problem. Once they figured that out and did surgery...problem solved. It took about 6 weeks to figure it out, however.

I have had several "leaking" ovarian cysts....the pain is incredible. However, the pain never occurrred below my navel, but on the left side about where my left ovary is located (it occurred once on the right side). After the initial severe pain, a residual soreness remained for days.

Hope you figure it out soon.
#15 Old 07-07-2006, 12:05 PM

Quote:

the cysts seems to be the only thing that makes sense. mostly because it happened at about the same time of the month and it came on so quick. but i dont know if that explains the infection that showed up on the urine test?

i really dont want this happening when i'm in iceland in sept. which would be at this time of the month

Just a note... Urine tests can be very inaccurate. If you don't clean properly (even if you think you have) it will come back showing an infection. Also if the tests come back showing blood they will treat an infection even if the white cell count it fine. If you can get ahold of your tests see if it was a white cell count of a blood cell count that showed up. If it was a blood cell count it could be a small stone that was passed.

This has been my experience at least.
#16 Old 07-07-2006, 09:38 PM
Veggie Regular

i was kind of out of when they showed me the test results but i think they said there was 16-18 pus cells? i dont know they had me on to much morphine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page