skin issues - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-20-2006, 01:03 PM
Veggie Regular

I've noticed I've been breaking out on my face. I have changed face wash and moisturizer, but I only made the switch 3-4 days ago. My eating hasn't been too good, but not too poor. I've been pretty stressed, but have been drinking lots of water.

Can anyone recommend a good face cleanser and gentle moisturizer? The breakouts are taking place in my T-zone.

PS: Michael, where is my beauty forum?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-20-2006, 06:11 PM
Veggie Regular

Did this change in your skin happen before or after you changed your skin care products?
#3 Old 04-20-2006, 09:03 PM

Try just washing your face with warm water and see how it goes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 04-20-2006, 09:44 PM
Veggie Regular

Could it be the change in seasons (depending on where you are)?
#5 Old 04-21-2006, 07:07 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyK View Post

Did this change in your skin happen before or after you changed your skin care products?

Before, they seem to be clearing up fast, luckily. Hopefully it will stay that way.
#6 Old 04-23-2006, 08:28 AM
Veggie Regular

What brand are the skin care products? Most commercial products are more fit for scrubbing floors than faces.

Also, how's the diet? My cystic acne resisted all topical treatments (even the best, Dr. Hauschka) until I went vegan- it has now been gone for almost a year!!

The best skin care product is a daily green drink & vegan protein supplement.

Back that up with a natural, quality skincare line like Aveda, Lush, Aubrey Organics, Earth Science, Zia, Dr. Haushka, Weleda, Logona, Jurlique, etc. etc. etc. There are so many nowadays!!

Avoid that drugstore stuff like the plague, & the cosmetic counter stuff like Clinique as well.
#7 Old 04-23-2006, 05:35 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by organica View Post

What brand are the skin care products? Most commercial products are more fit for scrubbing floors than faces.

Also, how's the diet? My cystic acne resisted all topical treatments (even the best, Dr. Hauschka) until I went vegan- it has now been gone for almost a year!!

The best skin care product is a daily green drink & vegan protein supplement.

Back that up with a natural, quality skincare line like Aveda, Lush, Aubrey Organics, Earth Science, Zia, Dr. Haushka, Weleda, Logona, Jurlique, etc. etc. etc. There are so many nowadays!!

Avoid that drugstore stuff like the plague, & the cosmetic counter stuff like Clinique as well.

I am going to look up the Dr. Hauschka stuff. I thought my skin was clearing up, but it looks blotchy and horrible. I am going to give my skin a break, maybe just wash with warm water and use no makeup.

I could also be a little more careful with what I eat. (Today I had lots of cheee filled mexican food.) I am going to cut dairy out of my diet for 2 weeks and see if that helps.

Thanks!
#8 Old 04-23-2006, 05:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Also, is it possible to stop using skin care products so your skin goes back to a normal ph balance?
#9 Old 04-23-2006, 07:08 PM
Veggie Regular

I use plain ground up oatmeal to wash my face and it works pretty good, but my face is only flawless when I eat very healthfully. When I eat not the best(i.e. lots of sugar/fats, chocolate, baked goods), I break out more. Damn brownies and vegan sweets...
#10 Old 04-24-2006, 08:30 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelicGrape View Post

Also, is it possible to stop using skin care products so your skin goes back to a normal ph balance?

If you have a skin problem *caused* by products, the answer is "yes".

If the problem is pre-existing, then "no".

Dr Haushcka is a v. interesting skincare line: it "trains" your skin to correct its own problems homeopathically.

I had great success w/ using it on my oliy, acne-afflicted skin even when I was only veg, not vegan.

One tip on great skin: eat lots of alkaline foods. My beautiful nutritionist swears by this. Also Omega-3s are crucial: not gross fish oil, but hemp, flax, etc. Many naturopaths suggest borage or evening primsrose oil (internally) for chronic skin conditions of all kinds.

In my case, I got lucky: going vegan completely cured my acne. Have you tried this?

I can actually induce a severe breakout by consuming dairy.

Keep us up to date on your skin!!
#11 Old 06-01-2006, 05:04 PM
Veggie Regular

Update: I've continued to use the face wash I switched to when I wrote this thread (same moisturizer too) and I've noticed a huge difference the last few days.

I've been working out more, I thought sweat actually broke you out, but it seems to be working in my favor for me both physically and mentally.

Thanks for the support guys, if I have any more trouble I'll be sure to ask.
#12 Old 06-04-2006, 06:42 PM

if you go swimming it will help and i mean like 3 times a week or more. the chlorine will help acne !

otherwise no face cleaner i tried makes a difference? lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page