Beginner

deleted
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-10-2006, 10:14 PM
Veggie Regular

all you can do is:

rest, drink lots of fluids, eat!!!

and make sure you get lots of vitamin c. some people find taking echinacea helps to get over it quicker.

remember any over the counter flu meds you take will drag it out longer. they just supress symptoms and interfere with your body fighting it off.

i've got something right now, woke up with it yesterday. haven't decided yet if it's flu or just a cold but i feel awful.

everyone's different but personally when my stomach is upset i find a little light food actually helps to settle it. so when i'm sick i actually eat pretty much constantly. just avoid dairy (if you normally eat it) and anything heavy, greasy. other than that eat whatever you can get your hands on. your body uses a lot of energy to heal, if you don't fuel it you won't get better very fast

I'm singin' here to get rid of fear
Hope it disappears right here with the rain
But I know life is pain, not like a fairytale
Meaningless to pray, so just goin' on my way
~Miyavi "Torture"
#3 Old 02-11-2006, 06:09 AM
Veggie Regular

If it is the flu I would actually recommend not to eat at all but to get lots of fluids in. Fruit juices, water, green drinks and ginger tea are all good.

You just need to get your fluids and lots of rest.

Some good flu supplements include: olive leaf extract (my favorite!), garlic, ginger, astragalus, echinacea. That's all I can think of now.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page