Starting to see benefits - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 01-14-2006, 09:15 AM

I changed to a vegan diet two weeks ago in the hope that it would lessen the IBS symptoms I have lived with all of my life. After two weeks I am starting to see improvement.

My digestive system appears to be starting to normalize and I am not experiencing the pain and sudden need to run to the bathroom immediately after eating.

Hopefully in a few more weeks it will be fairly normal, or at least as close to normal as it can be considering the nature of the condition.

I wish I had done this years ago.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-14-2006, 10:08 AM
Veggie Regular

Good to hear! Veganism helped my IBS too.
#3 Old 01-14-2006, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant View Post

Good to hear! Veganism helped my IBS too.

That's good to hear. I have been wondering if anyone else with IBS had tried this with positive results.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 01-14-2006, 10:25 AM
Banned

Good to hear about your bowell. The higher fiber often helps.
#5 Old 01-14-2006, 10:26 AM
Veggie Regular

I used to have a lot of problems with mine, and it vastly improved (for reasons unknown to me) before I ever went veg, but I do recall that high-fat dairy was always one of the worst food offenders.
#6 Old 01-14-2006, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesseract View Post

I used to have a lot of problems with mine, and it vastly improved (for reasons unknown to me) before I ever went veg, but I do recall that high-fat dairy was always one of the worst food offenders.

That's very true, at least in my case. I have always been less than tolerant of lactose anyway, and between dairy products and meat fat/grease it was always pretty bad.

I did the whole doctor thing many times over the years and they were never able to help much. The new dietary program really seems to be helping. I also think I am actualy eating better too as I am forced to think about what I am going to eat.
#7 Old 01-14-2006, 05:35 PM
Veggie Regular

Eating smaller portions more frequently helped me too, as did cooking most of my veggies and cutting down on or eliminating some things high in insoluble fiber (apple skins, grapes, cherries--ie. any fruit with a tough skin, whole wheat) and upping my intake of soluble fiber (oats, psyllium husk, flax, starchy veggies, etc.). I think being vegan primarily helped because of the reduction of fat and dairy.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page