my ears hurt...ow...help! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-28-2003, 06:11 AM
Veggie Regular

Yesterday I went swimming and my ears are clogged with water and probably some earwax too. I can barely hear, and there is a lot of pressure and pain. I tried that SwimmersEar stuff as well as some peroxide, but neither worked to unclog. Does anyone know what I can do to get rid of this? It hurts.

lovenlight,

linz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-28-2003, 06:17 AM
Veggie Regular

I will be laughed at for this but:

use warm olive oil ( I wouldn't advise pouring it in - use a dropper/qtips), and massage round your ears for a while. That tends to do the trick for me.
#3 Old 06-28-2003, 09:11 AM
Veggie Regular

Why would I laugh?!?!

When we woke up this morning and I told my Mom, she was all like 'Call the doctor right now, and we'll go get them unplugged.'

and so she did. But maybe if I try the oil thing I can get out of it!

lovenlight,

linz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 06-28-2003, 11:25 AM
Veggie Regular

hmm, try opening and closing your mouth really wide. Sometimes in a car if we're changing altitude (going up a mountain) my ears will get a little pressure. I also did this during my 2 times flying when I was getting ear pressure. Could allow some more air to get through the eustachian tubes to the ear (just my unmedical guess ;-) )
#5 Old 06-28-2003, 03:22 PM
Veggie Regular

thanks, dk. I went to the doc and found out they are impacted with wax. (disgusting, I know!) He tried blasting it out with one of those thingos, and it wouldn't budge. So I am putting this goop in there to loosen it up. JEEZ, what an icky post. I hope it goes away, it feels just like altitude pressure. GETTING ANNOYING!! lol.

lovenlight!

linz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page