I Ate Today! Part II (no starvation posts allowed) - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

#1 Old 12-19-2005, 01:52 PM
Banned

The other one is turning into a "oh wow, I had a salad today", so here is a new one.

As per the old thread:

This thread is to show people eating - actually eating. No bashing yourself, no whining that you had dessert, no complaining that you had a second stick of gum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathofdecadenc View Post

"i think that this thread should show healthy unique veggie meals so if people who were thinking about becoming veg and were viewing this site they would not be discouraged by thinking they would have to eat nothing or like a slice of bread."

If it's a healthy, well-rounded, healthy level of calories day - post here. If it isn't, don't. From this point further, I will report and ask a mod to delete any post that is contrary to that.

This is a place for those of us who eat healthy - and 800 calories is not healthy people - and want to give ideas to each other, not to mention show that vegetarians consume good quality and good quanity of food.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-19-2005, 03:40 PM
Veggie Regular

FreshTart: Your hat is adorable!

Exercise: 30 min. upper body weights, 15 min. pilates abs, about 75 jumping jacks

Breakfast: I woke up so late. I grabbed a handful of shredded wheat cereal and half way through the handful realized it contained gelatin. I just had a handful of raisins after that.

Lunch: pineapple, another handful of raisins, about 5 Hershey's kisses, 2 slices apple butter on ww bread

Snack: 10 wheat saltines sandwiched into 5 "sandwiches" with natural peanut butter, banana

Dinner(planned): Amy's vegetable burrito, big salad with almonds in it, toast
#3 Old 12-19-2005, 04:31 PM
Banned

Freshtart, I see you need some help with the non-starvation talk. I will oblige, although today certainly has not been the most well-balanced day for me (pretty carb-tastic ;-) )!!!

Bfast: 1/2 bagel with smartbalance light with flax on it and grape jelly, glass of OJ

lunch: huge sandwich loaded with veggies and a little organic cheese; pretzels, water

snack: dark chocolate

dinner: I expect to make a puerto rican dish with red beans, tomato sauce, onions and green peppers and lots of carribeans herbs and spices, poured over rice, served with a healthy field green salad with organic tomatoes, maybe some edamame beans in it with the most AMAZING balsalmic vinegar I've ever tasted (just bought it this week) and with some baked plantains. dessert - some organic raspberry sorbet It will look like this pretty much:

https://www.veggieboards.com/gallery/...imageuser=1368

Freshtart, feel better!!! I recommend lentil soup for any illness, it fixes you right up!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 12-19-2005, 04:35 PM
Banned

I'm home sick today and high on painkillers, so I'm not writing up what I'm eating
#5 Old 12-19-2005, 07:01 PM
Veggie Regular

For the first time in a long time, I actually ate three meals today, so I'm posting here because I feel good about it.

Exercise- walked to and from school (about 25 minutes round trip) and did the typical running between classes, so about another 10 to 15 minutes (my school is spaced out a lot) of walking in the cold.

Breakfast- Clif bar (something like nuts and chocolate... in a purple label?) and a couple of excedrin. And some green tea.

Lunch- Grape Juice, Milk, soft pretzel, small salad, and some kind of fruit (can't remember what it was now)

Dinner- In an act of stupidity or kindness, I decided to make dinner for everyone. I made chili... Lots of beans, tomatoes, tvp, peppers, salsa, and whatever spices loonked good. Was spicy and very good... I may take the leftovers for lunch tomorrow, and the omni family seemed to think it was pretty good (though they did put ground beef in their chili, but whatever. my meat free stuff was good. really good.)

(possible) snack- some kind of citrus fruit (new shipment came in today (yay!) or a granola bar. Just depends on how hungry I'm feeling.

#6 Old 12-19-2005, 07:14 PM
Veggie Regular

Go FreshTart! PS: Feel better.

I ate less than usual today, but it's still way more than our ED brigade eats, so I feel pretty safe posting.

Breakfast: *snooze*

Exercise: 30-min walk

Lunch 1: Minimalist quesadilla (2 flour tortillas with the last few shreds of cheese between)

Lunch 2: Bean & rice burrito, cup of tomato-roasted pepper soup

Supper: White chili over rice with little cheese, cherry tomatoes, avocado (plus I ate the other half avocado with a spoon!)

My food issue is that cheese is creeping back into my diet. I did really well with it for the first 6-8 months of being veg, but now I keep decidign I just "must" have that quesadilla, grilled cheese sandwich, or mac& cheese. I need to start experimenting with some of the cheese alternatives.
#7 Old 12-19-2005, 07:16 PM
Veggie Regular

bstutzma- that dinner looks good!

freshtart- hope you feel better!
#8 Old 12-19-2005, 07:21 PM
Banned

I think you guys misunderstand me. I'm not sick as in a cold. I'm "sick" because I partied so hard at the union christmas party on Saturday that I pulled three muscles and am currently high as a kite on T3s

Trust me....I feel fine
#9 Old 12-19-2005, 07:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshTart View Post

I think you guys misunderstand me. I'm not sick as in a cold. I'm "sick" because I partied so hard at the union christmas party on Saturday that I pulled three muscles and am currently high as a kite on T3s

Trust me....I feel fine

haha. Then, I'm not sorry, just jealous!
#10 Old 12-19-2005, 08:01 PM
Veggie Regular

Well, I guess I should post something that is relevant to this thread! hehe. btw-Freshtart-you can police me if you need to~I don't wanna be the one posting crappy eating in a thread that's supppose to be healthy!

B: big bowl of cereal (mix of TJ's Honey Os + Barbara's Shredded Squares) w/ rice milk+ some Green Juice

S: EnviroKids Crispy Bar

L: Big sandwich w/ lots of veggies + mustard and a slice of cheese/ice tea

S: chocolate kisses + walnuts

D: 2 wraps on a ww tortilla w/ hummus & kale slaw (put yellow peppers on #2) + lots of tangerines

S: 3 mini ww bagels w/ Tofuti french onion cream cheese
#11 Old 12-19-2005, 08:30 PM
Baby Love

My appetite is coming back ...

Chocolate soy milk, 2 slices whole wheat bread, cashew butter, grapes, cookie, cookie, cookie, cookie, cookie, chocolate, popcorn, cookie, popcorn, 5 slices of pizza.

The day started out so well. Tomorrow, the goal is more real food.
#12 Old 12-19-2005, 08:43 PM
Veggie Regular

FT = party animal!

oatmeal & coffee

veggie pasta soup & crackers

apple

6 treats off the tray of sweets a co-worker brought in

Havarti cheese sandwich (I was starving when I got home)

veggie tacos & rice
#13 Old 12-19-2005, 08:48 PM
Banned

That's because you know the entire story, CT
#14 Old 12-20-2005, 01:33 AM
Veggie Regular

December 19 (today was weird, because i was out during 'lunch time' and wasn't able to eat when hungry, so i ended up having snacks instead of a decent-sized lunch.):

Middle-Of-the-Night (5:30 AM):

*1 Ensure Plus

-back to sleep -

Breakfast (10:00 AM):

*two slices of bread

*cottage cheese and apple cinnamon jam kit

*1.5 tbsps skippy creamy peanut butter

Snack (12:50 PM):

*aprox 8 fl oz of Naked's orange/pineapple/banana/passionfruit juice smoothie blend

*one lifesaver creamsaver (strawberry cream)

Snack (2:40 PM):

*small golden delicious apple

Snack (6:00 PM):

*1 container of sugarfree peach yogurt

*fat-free whipped cream

*1/2 serving of dried pineapple

Dinner (8:30 PM):

*'king size' corn tortilla (equivilent to one slice of bread)

*3/4 oz monterery jack cheese

*1 bite of 2% sharp cheddar cheese (blah, i hate diet cheese. i love the full fat stuff though..)

*tofurkey deli slices

Dessert (um, right after dinner...9:00 PM):

*two See's Candies (vanilla nut cream, which is vanilla buttercream with walnuts & a chelsea, which is chocolate buttercream with pecans)

as it turns out, i really didn't like either. however, the pecans in the chelsea were good. the vanilla one was kind of bland...and tasteless...but perhaps that's because it's old. i've been hording them for a while, haha.

Before Bed (12:00 AM):

*1 Ensure Plus

Yeah, and the assorted stuff as usual, which today I will not list..because it doesn't really matter.

Anyway, it totals about 1600 of "real food"

and 2300 - 2400 with the ensures included.

(P.S. - if anyone doesn't want me posting in here, just say so and i'll happily move it to the other thread. i just thought that today's intake was acceptable, and i didn't write down stuff like gum, and i didn't scold myself for eating candy.)
#15 Old 12-20-2005, 01:41 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewisdom View Post

(P.S. - if anyone doesn't want me posting in here, just say so and i'll happily move it to the other thread. i just thought that today's intake was acceptable, and i didn't write down stuff like gum, and i didn't scold myself for eating candy.)

No way! You stay right here. You are doing so great, and obviously making a big effort to eat a full day of healthy meals. As far as I'm concerned, you are doing better than a lot of the so-called normal eaters on here.
#16 Old 12-20-2005, 01:43 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshTart View Post

The other one is turning into a "oh wow, I had a salad today", so here is a new one.

As per the old thread:

This thread is to show people eating - actually eating. No bashing yourself, no whining that you had dessert, no complaining that you had a second stick of gum.

Thanks! I was wondering if someone could just start a new thread... and not that I care if people post how much they excercised or not, but sometimes it distracts me when I'm quickly reading thru a post trying to get any sort of inspiration for something new, different and "healthy" to try...
#17 Old 12-20-2005, 03:21 AM
Veggie Regular

ahhhhm yes. im in this thread today also. teehee

i forgot what breakfast was. 4am. something to do with bread and cheese. i think it was grilled cheese sandwich . and a jam sandwich after that. oh and some biodynamic yogurt.

-soy coffee,

-carrot and ginger juice

-another yogurt

-glass of milo in soy milk

-4 slices of cheese (yeah i overdid the dairy...)

-massive bowl of porridge

-piece of vegan carrot cake split with friend, and coffee.

sooo over the calorie count but not gonna whine about it..so can i stay ? :P

-mushrooms mushrooms muuuushrooms
#18 Old 12-20-2005, 10:42 AM
Veggie Regular

Glad to see this threat is back to healthy posts again!

Yesterday:

B: two crumpets with apricot jam + coffee w. soymilk

S: plain soygurt topped with granola

L: tofurky/Vegan Gourtmet Cheddar/Green Pepper sandwich

S: LOTS of pita chips w. basil hummus

D: two avocado maki rolls

Today:

B: sesame garlic mochi stuffed with Vegan Gourtmet Cheddar

L: (office holiday party in about an hour...we'll see what I can eat)

D: ?

Mochi is, by the way, soooooo gooooood!
#19 Old 12-20-2005, 12:34 PM
Banned

Breakfast: 1 small potato + 1/2 cup sweet potato fried in 1 tbsp oil, 3/4 cup baked beans, 1 egg, 1 slice bread w/ 1 tbsp PB

Lunch: 1 carrot, 1 1/2 cups cucumber, 1 apple, 3 cups of mixed greens and probably a couple tbsp of dressing - all different kinds, as I was test tasting

Undecided for supper
#20 Old 12-20-2005, 01:09 PM
Veggie Regular

Yesterday...

Breakfast: Medium baked potato

Snack: few handfuls of baby carrots

Lunch: two naked quorn cutlets, large fuji apple, green beans

Snack: big 'ol bowl of air popcorn

Dinner: (out on a HOTTTTT date at Olive Garden... :P yes, ladies, he was hot.) A bowl and a half (hey, it was endless soup!) of minestrone soup, a plate of salad with fat free italian dressing.

Later I was at a friend's and had a tall glass of shiraz and a virgin margarita.

Today...

Breakfast: Bowl of multigrain oatmeal, 4 slices of fried vegetarian bologna (Light Life Fat Free deli slices)

Snack: Handful of baby carrots.

Lunch: (McAlister's) BIIIIIIIIIIG baked potato, cup of fruit.
#21 Old 12-20-2005, 01:24 PM
Veggie Regular

Yesterday:

B- organic shreddies with rice dream, coffee

L- tofu vindaloo on brown rice (tomato, peas, potato, red pepper)

1/2 serving of Mexisnax Salsa Picante tortillas

One clementine, one kiwi, 3 vegan gummy worms

500 ml of water

D- Whole wheat rotini with tomato sauce, and garlic sauteed broccoli/zuchinni, strawberry/banana/raspberry/pineapple/flax oil smoothie

1.5 cinnamon buns

Today:

B- Organic shreddies with rice dream, coffee

L- piece of tempeh loaf, 1/3 c rice with mung bean curry, tofu broccoli stirfry, vegan cesar salad, roasted potatoes, piece of whole grain bread, sundried tomato kamut pasta salad (this is at a veg buffet-style restaurant)

D- Ginger soy stir fry with tofu, red peppers, broccoli, zucchini, snow peas on rice noodles. Smoothie (as described above). One cinnamon bun.
#22 Old 12-20-2005, 02:08 PM
Beginner

breakfast-

organic frozen blueberries/blackberries

pumpkin seed bread w/vegan butter

coffee

snack

2 crackers w/almond butter

lunch

lentils and rice with nut sauce (almonds, cashews, veg broth, jalepeno, garlic) put in blender into a pudding-like consistency - YUM!

2 glasses of V8 juice

dinner

apple and parsnip soup

vegan pesto w/bread

snack

tofutti ice cream sammich

water consumption-half gallon of water throughout the day

BURP
#23 Old 12-20-2005, 06:01 PM
Banned

I thought I'd return ;-)

Today:

Bfast: None :-( was in such a hurry!!!

Lunch: Bertucci's :-) :-) YUM!! :-) I had a 1/2 a personal pizza with onion, mushroom and green peppers, a roll and a half dipped in olive oil with red pepper flakes (YUM) and a ton of salad with chianti dressing (its free, LOL.)

Dinner: This is probably going to sound weird to people, but its a very typical "I don't know what to make for my kids and I have no time" dinner in Puerto rico. Its rice, with a fried egg on top, served with riped, lightly sauteed plantains. Its tasty and simple... a little lacking in the veggie department, for which I will start the meal off with a salad with field greens and tomatoes :-)
#24 Old 12-20-2005, 07:08 PM
Veggie Regular

Exercise: 10 mile run

Breakfast: about 3/4 of a banana, two slices wheat bread with natural peanut butter

Lunch: handful of raisins, big bowl of fruit, about 1/4 cup of soy nuts

Pre-run Snack: made a workout shake, 1/2 of a nutri-grain bar

Dinner: big salad with onion and avacado, peas, made spinach casserole
#25 Old 12-20-2005, 07:34 PM
Veggie Regular

Exercise: none

Breakfast: cup of chai with Silk Light

Lunch: Minimalist cheese quesadilla w/ salsa, cup of black bean & tomato soup, bottle of Fruit2O

Supper: Skillet potatoes w/ onions, peppers, carrots, spinach, tomatoes, seasoned w/ Zatarain's; scrambled tofu; 2 tortillas

Later: will probably have some Vitasoy Nog or hot choc

I seem to be moving away from having a real breakfast. I've heard that retired people often eat 2 meals a day, and the longer I spend not working, the more I seem to move in that direction. I don't get hungry until 10:30 or 11:00, and I often get distracted from fixing food until 12:30 or so.
#26 Old 12-20-2005, 09:35 PM
Veggie Regular

um.........pasta with sauce, 3 chocolate santas, two pieces of bread, a spinach tart, a ricotta and spinach filo triangle. coffee. annnnnnd....thats it i think.
#27 Old 12-21-2005, 01:01 AM
Veggie Regular

Let's see.... for breakfast I had a huge green apple with peanut butter. For lunch I had some rice mixed in with brocolli (one of my favorites!) and for dinner I had some pasta and bread.
#28 Old 12-21-2005, 01:02 AM
Veggie Regular

um..add to mine a massive chocolate croissant, and 5 pieces of bread with peanut butter. omigod. the croissant was a present, i HAD to eat it.
#29 Old 12-21-2005, 01:06 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by taurushead View Post

um..add to mine a massive chocolate croissant, and 5 pieces of bread with peanut butter. omigod. the croissant was a present, i HAD to eat it.

I use to love those! I use to live near this really great bakery and they'd make those with chocolate on the inside and drizzled on top... they were super tasty. My french teacher use to bring them in all the time with a bunch of other tasty treats.
#30 Old 12-21-2005, 01:24 AM
Veggie Regular

Today:

B: Hash brown as i still get a little morning sickness every now and again (at 21 weeks pregnant!) Large soy latte

s: fruit

L: Huge salad roll

s: crackers with vegemite, fruit, nuts.

Dinner : I will probably make chilli but if my back keeps hurtingthen I'll get a Thai curry again.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page