Vitamin Water - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 11-18-2005, 06:45 PM
Veggie Regular

I just had a quick question Vitamin Water.

I don't drink it everyday, but I do at least a few times a week. The reason why I actually started buying it here on campus is that they don't have too many good drinks...mainly soda, milk and sugary juices...I tried some of the Vitamin Waters out and I liked them a lot!

What I was wondering was, if I did have one bottle of this a day, would I be in pretty good shape for key vitamins? I don't take dietary suppliments and only get 4 or 5 servings of fruit/veggies per day and was wondering how much I would benefit from:

vitamin C 50%; vitamin E 50%; vitamin B3 50%; vitamin B6 50%; folic acid 50%; vitamin B12 50%, vitamin B5 50%

which is what my favorite flavored Vitamin Water contains.

Usually my daily diet includes 2 or 3 fruits in addition to a veggie burger for lunch and dinner. I've heard a lot about not getting enough nutrients as being a vegetarian now and was also wondering if my diet seems fine. (at college it's not always easy to get the healthiest diet out there, but at least in my mind, mine seems to be at least decent, if not pretty good.)

thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-18-2005, 07:22 PM
Veggie Regular

i'd say go for it, and if you can, try for more variety in your diet..

aim for 5 servings of fruits and veggies a day

try to eat whole grains when possible, and look into beans and nuts and seeds as additional sources of protein...

i'm a vegan on campus and my day-to-day diet varies but normally includes three fruits, seven veggies (yes, seven), 2 servings of beans, and 3-4 servings of grains. i lean more towards raw when possible...
#3 Old 11-18-2005, 07:37 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libellula View Post

i'd say go for it, and if you can, try for more variety in your diet..

aim for 5 servings of fruits and veggies a day

try to eat whole grains when possible, and look into beans and nuts and seeds as additional sources of protein...

i'm a vegan on campus and my day-to-day diet varies but normally includes three fruits, seven veggies (yes, seven), 2 servings of beans, and 3-4 servings of grains. i lean more towards raw when possible...

it's hard, because the cafe selection is not great and I have no cash to go out and buy my own food.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 11-18-2005, 08:18 PM
Veggie Regular

i know

i end up living off of the salad bar, generally..
#5 Old 11-18-2005, 08:23 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libellula View Post

i know

i end up living off of the salad bar, generally..

I should check out the salad bar more often...I'm not a big fan of lettuce and I hate tomatoes, so I never had salads very much before coming to college. any ideas/suggestions? or just check it out and try some new things...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page