insomnia - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 11-15-2005, 06:23 PM
Veggie Regular

no...not the Faithless track sadly.

Mine is back and is biting me on the ass right now.

sleeping pills/sedatives are not an option for me as they scare me, plus even meds with a mild sedative effect (eg, zirtec) knock me out cold - but only during the day, even when taken at night.

However, I am not sleeping. - at night that is. I am exhausted during the day due to lack of sleep but I can't even doze off in the evening.

I have tried cutting out alcohol and caffeine, eating a light dinner, trying relaxing activities before bed etc and I'm still as wired as if I had a tazer up my ass.

I really need to combat this because I have a part-time job and I am at uni full time.

I am really lost for ideas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-15-2005, 06:37 PM

I know there is two links on this. One started by me and one started by bigstuff. If I new how to post them I would, lol.

I am in the same boat as you. My days and nights are so messed up, and I am not really sure.
#3 Old 11-15-2005, 06:45 PM
Veggie Regular

tried kava?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 11-15-2005, 06:54 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by goettling View Post

I know there is two links on this. One started by me and one started by bigstuff. If I new how to post them I would, lol.

I am in the same boat as you. My days and nights are so messed up, and I am not really sure.

bigstuff eh? hehe

For me the problem seems to be stress related so my sleeping problems fluctuate a lot depending on my stress levels. So for me it has helped to locate and elimate whatever is cause stress.

For me it is mostly school work. I found that when I stopped procrastinating and I accomplished stuff it made me feel better and less stressed out. If you have any chance of fixing stress this could help you too.
#5 Old 11-15-2005, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdufstuff View Post

bigstuff eh? hehe

For me the problem seems to be stress related so my sleeping problems fluctuate a lot depending on my stress levels. So for me it has helped to locate and elimate whatever is cause stress.

For me it is mostly school work. I found that when I stopped procrastinating and I accomplished stuff it made me feel better and less stressed out. If you have any chance of fixing stress this could help you too.

Slaps myself over the head for that one. But I think you like the name I called you better.
#6 Old 11-16-2005, 04:24 PM
Banned

>>tried kava?>>

she said no sedatives.

ebola
#7 Old 11-17-2005, 03:09 AM

You could also try regular excercise. As well as making you more tired it helps with stress levels and makes you more relaxed.

Decant quantities of calcium, magnesium, vit b6 and zinc can also help with insomnia, check to make sure these are in your diet.

It may sound dumb and childish but counting sheep can work (but not always). It's a kind of like a simple form of meditation that helps you clear the mind and relieve stress.
#8 Old 11-17-2005, 04:14 PM
Veggie Regular

hm.. i hadn't thought of the zinc that's for sure.

Ta peeps!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page