The Keeper - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-22-2003, 06:37 PM
Veggie Regular

I'd like some more information about the Keeper. Websites, personal opinions etc, would be great. I'm considering it.

I work at a medical clinic and yesterday a young girl came in with a stuck tampon. It's not the first time I've seen this where they tear or get stuck. Freaks me out. Time to consider alternatives.

Please educate me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-22-2003, 06:47 PM
Veggie Regular

Where's Equipro? She's the Keeper expert. There was another tread about this a little while back, maybe that has some good info?
#3 Old 06-22-2003, 06:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Ooh.. my favorite subject.

There are a ton of threads around that mention the keeper, and I'm a bit too lazy right now to type all about my complete love for it. Here you go:

https://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...&threadid=6283

https://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...&threadid=6471

https://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...&threadid=5326

They don't all start off about the keeper, but EquiPro & I seem to always turn the conversation that direction. Also, I was answering so many PMs about insertion tips, that I finally saved one that I can stock-reply with, should you need any advice when you get one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 06-22-2003, 07:24 PM
Banned

how much is this keeper you speak of?
#5 Old 06-22-2003, 07:35 PM

I was about to suggestion finding equipro, but punkster beat me to it

She and mskedi are the goddesses of Keepers and shoudl be paid for their ability to turn any converation about vaginas into a keeper discussion!

I also believe Jess B is into them.

I'll find the sex thread and bump it, as there is a lot of info in it on keepers.
#6 Old 06-22-2003, 10:58 PM
Veggie Regular

HI! Goddess of the Keeper here!

You can purchase the Keeper online at

http://thekeeperstore.com

The price in the US is $35 + $2.00 S+H. I love the fact that they offer a 3 month money back guarantee.

If I can answer any question, please post them here or go to these discussions:

https://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...ghlight=keeper

https://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...ghlight=keeper

Also, if you do a veggie board search and type in "keeper", it will give you all the posts where the word is used. There's a lot of info here.
#7 Old 06-23-2003, 12:17 AM
Veggie Regular

If you're looking for a whole bunch of experienced Keeper users, there is a Yahoo! group dedicated to the Keeper. Also, the cheapest place to buy it online is at http://www.motheranddaughters.com/
#8 Old 06-23-2003, 06:41 AM
Veggie Regular

ok ok ok...you all wore me down. i just ordered my keeper! i just hope it can live up to all it's praises...i still remember my experience with Instead
#9 Old 06-23-2003, 10:20 AM
Veggie Regular

thanks everyone. I think I'll check it out.
#10 Old 06-23-2003, 01:50 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by sandiemac

ok ok ok...you all wore me down. i just ordered my keeper! i just hope it can live up to all it's praises...i still remember my experience with Instead

Yay! We converted another! Instead is crap, the Keeper rocks. Don't worry -- the concept is the same, but the design of the Keeper is much better -- less spill-able. Remember to be patient at first and that it takes a few tries to cut it to the right size before it's comfy.
#11 Old 06-23-2003, 02:23 PM
Veggie Regular

Okay, How is the keeper when you are out in public. If you have to empty it while in a public washroom, do you have to wash it first and and how much practice does it take to reinsert? Can you wear it on light days too?
#12 Old 06-23-2003, 02:27 PM
Veggie Regular

i think i read somewhere that you can just wipe it out with toilet paper, and someone in one of the threads recommended taking a wet paper towel into the stall with you to clean it out.

what's wrong with Instead? i was considering trying one because the drug stores here sell them.

I'm singin' here to get rid of fear
Hope it disappears right here with the rain
But I know life is pain, not like a fairytale
Meaningless to pray, so just goin' on my way
~Miyavi "Torture"
#13 Old 06-23-2003, 02:39 PM
Veggie Regular

ugh! instead was very leak prone and hard to put in....reminded me of my first go-round with the diaphragm...except it wasn't springloaded so i didn't have to chase it around the bathroom!! NOT user-friendly at all!
#14 Old 06-23-2003, 05:38 PM
Veggie Regular

[email protected]

hey i just found out my health food store sells lunapads! $15 for a cover and 2 liners and $10 for 3 extra liners

~Miyavi "Torture"
#15 Old 06-23-2003, 05:39 PM
Veggie Regular

lunapads???? are they good?
#16 Old 06-23-2003, 05:42 PM

Keepers are the best. It's one of the best purchases I've ever made. Over the long run, it's much cheaper and much more environmentally friendly. Safer, too, IMO.

I've done the wet paper towel thing when emptying it in public. However, I've found that I only have to empty it twice in a day- once in the morning and once at night (in the shower, which is *very* convenient).

Get a keeper, ladies! You won't regret it!
#17 Old 06-23-2003, 06:50 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by AuroraLily

Okay, How is the keeper when you are out in public. If you have to empty it while in a public washroom, do you have to wash it first and and how much practice does it take to reinsert? Can you wear it on light days too?

Since the Keeper is not in any way associated with TSS, you can wear it on light days. You can take it out as often as you want, though most people only have to take it out once in the morning and once in the evening, so the public restroom issue doesn't come up often.

I posted about the wet paper towel elsewhere -- it's a bit easier to do than wiping it off with dry toilet paper, though I suppose that would work. Personally, I wouldn't try it.

Lunapads are good, but you won't need them if you have the Keeper.
#18 Old 06-23-2003, 07:03 PM
Veggie Regular

they're like gladrags, they're just a cloth version of disposable pads.

honestly, when i have the cash i think i will get the keeper, but i will also get a lunapad or two as backup and because i have a few days a week before my period that i get a fair bit of spotting. not enough to wear a pad but i go through a lot of liners. i also like to wear them for a few days after my period, i go through a box every month sometimes. (box of 28!!) not as much garbage as pads but still a lot in the long run and a lot of money

~Miyavi "Torture"
#19 Old 06-23-2003, 09:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Okay I"m sold. I'm buying my Keeper. Thanks everyone.
#20 Old 06-24-2003, 02:33 PM
Veggie Regular

$32 delivered is the price on the site Jess posted.

~Miyavi "Torture"
#21 Old 06-24-2003, 03:09 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by LadyFaile

$32 delivered is the price on the site Jess posted.

I know! NO SHIPPING!!!! How awesome is that?! I need to find lunapads or gladrags..... i'll have to check online since i KNOW that no where here in town carries them.....maybe my next trip to Tampa.....
#22 Old 06-24-2003, 03:15 PM

All these keeper talk makes me almost want one hehe

But, really, I don't bleed enough to warrant the cost. A pantyliner gets me through my period most months. In fact, some months I forget and just have a couple spots on my underwear.
#23 Old 06-24-2003, 03:29 PM
Veggie Regular

humpf! krista for that you get just kidding you know i love you
#24 Old 06-24-2003, 03:35 PM

hehe I can't help it!

If it means anything, I used to have painful, 5 days of bleeding. I'd get cramps even into my legs.
#25 Old 06-25-2003, 03:47 PM
Veggie Regular

okay, I have a question. I know this may sound weird, but here goes.

The few times I tried tampons (and hated them) one of the things I disliked was that whenever I went to the restroom (whether to pee or poo) it always felt like the tampon was falling out. It made me feel the need to change the thing, even when it was still way too dry to be comfortable to remove. How do things feel with the keeper when it comes to using the restroom in between "keeper changes"? Also, the issue of light days. Do you gals still wear the keeper even on spotting days?
#26 Old 06-25-2003, 08:13 PM
Veggie Regular

The Keeper uses small holes around the rim that create a suction when it is inserted. It rarely moves. If it does, you just give it a little push back up.

Because there are no strings, you don't get that gross leaky feeling from the string getting all wet when you pee. When you wipe, it wipes up any Keeper mess, too.

I use the Keeper from the beginning of my period - when I just get little bits of the brown junk - to end. No problems at all. I am thinking of trying it during ovulation when I get super gooky. I'll let you know how that goes. Unless, of course, it is too much info for you guys.

BTW, aarealsei, I can't figure out what your avatar is...can you post up a larger pic here? It kinda looks like a monkey, but I can't imagine anyone here having exotics.
#27 Old 06-25-2003, 08:22 PM
Veggie Regular

it's posted in the companion animals thread somewhere, they're baby guinea pigs! (i totally want to steal one and mush it with kisses)

~Miyavi "Torture"
#28 Old 06-25-2003, 09:47 PM
Veggie Regular

I love baby GP. The come out ready to go and SO cute. I 've GOT to see a bigger pic. I'll look around.
#29 Old 06-25-2003, 09:55 PM
Veggie Regular

https://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...&threadid=6450

~Miyavi "Torture"
#30 Old 06-26-2003, 12:11 AM
Veggie Regular

Equipro...you can never provide enough info for me. I was afraid that I was asking for too much info. I'm really wanting to give the keeper a try, but I'm still squeamish. Thanks LadyF for answering about the avatar. I tried to make the photo full sized, but it keeps leaving a weird border. I guess I need to solicit the aid of the old hubby - if he can't fix it, I guarantee no one else can. But, yes, the picture is of my two lovely twin boys - born June 4. I need to post new pictures as they have grown so much. They are precious and I promise you, LadyF, between myself, my hubby and my daughter, they get pretty mushed from all the hugs and kisses on a daily basis.

One last question....has anyone ever gotten a keeper and then returned it? (I know....I know....but I still had to ask. )

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page